Sikhs And Bnp

shaheediyan

Two main points from your post Tony.

Firstly. You are right. If it ever kicks off, we will get it one way or another. We are probably in a worse position than many others actually, mainly due to our physical similarity to what the west is rapidly modeling and presenting as the enemy 'other'. I think black people will be able to exercise a level of neutrality that would be difficult/impossible for us. We would get it from both sides in the event of serious conflict I imagine. And given the lack of leadership, Sikhs would be found in all camps (as well as none) I guess.

We shouldn't give up on good leadership now though. Look at the dramatic rise of Obama and that recent gurdwara election in Canada. It would just take one committed person with heart, integrity and charisma to shake us into shape. It isn't outside of our grasp or ability. It is difficult, given the way our own nature seems to make us compete with each other unhealthily, but possible. The question we need to ask is - are able to produce a leader with some heart felt conviction and vision. Our heritage has so much that we could use to try and do this. But if we still continue to act arsey with each other over caste, material objects and status, there is no chance. The injection we need in our community is a spiritual one, so we don't want to constantly climb up so we can look down on others of our own community and fuel our ego.

I wonder what will happen when the bulk of the older generation dies off and some of the pressure to conform to some of the more backward notions weakens? Will we progress? Or will we have become so assimilated by then that we will have no chance to be any sort of independent entity?

Also, I disagree with your assessment of the Brits losing their strategies of divide and rule. Watch them use it to try and get Sikhs and the wider Muslim community (not just P'stanis) to kick off. Keep your eyes peeled. They actually try it frequently, I just don't think you are aware.

One last thing you MUST grasp is the economic reliance the west (esp. Britain) has on the Muslim world now. For instance, I was talking to a friend in the luxury commodities sales sector. They told me that they have not been effected AT ALL by the recession due to Arab and Russian business. They are actually making bigger profits than ever. The ruling classes here have a good reason to keep sulleh sweet. That community doesn't just consist of troublesome gangsta wannabe "innit" pakis or terrorists. That's the truth.

We need to focus on our own direction and vision, independently to what others are doing. We have to factor their crap into our plans. It's called a strategy. Will our lot ever get it? lol

Edited by dalsingh101

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mainstream media have been keeping this quiet.....if it was a sullah I'm sure it would have been all over the media.

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/news/article/1450/Kirklees-BNP-member-admits-to-terrorism-charges

Kirklees BNP member admits to terrorism charges

A member of the British National Party is facing a long spell in prison after admitting to keeping an arsenal of homemade weapons at his home.

Terence Gavan, 38, made and stockpiled 54 nail and ball-bearing bombs between May 1999 and May this year.

He also manufactured shotguns, pen guns and pistols at his home in Batley, West Yorkshire.

Gavan was also found in possession of ammunition, a manual on boobytraps, an improvised munitions handbook and a copy of the Anarchists’ Cookbook.

He admitted 22 charges, including six under the Terrorism Act, when he appeared at Woolwich Crown Court on 26 November 2009.

The Judge, Mr Justice Calvert-Smith QC, adjourned sentence until 15 January and remanded Gavan in custody.

Gavan was arrested at his home in Colbeck Terrace on 21 May following a West Yorkshire police operation.

He admitted four counts of making explosives and four counts of possessing explosives over a ten-year period.

They consisted of four improvised explosive devices (IEDs) incorporating ball-bearings, 21 IEDs with nails, two “victim-operated” IEDs with nails and a further 28 explosives classified as IEDs.

He also pleaded guilty three counts of manufacturing prohibited weapons, four counts of possession of prohibited weapons and one count of possession of ammunition without a certificate. In all, police found nine homemade or converted firearms at the property.

• 2 weeks later...