Sikhs And Bnp

shaheediyan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone needs to send Ford Capri of SikhSangat this urgently. As well as the other 'Sikh' giddarhs who are so petrified of sullay that they view the BNP as some sort of potential saviours. lol

I am actually quite glad that he has come out with his nasty side of bias, racial, ethnic hatred and spoken openly. I don't like subtle underlining racism. Either you come out and spit it out your hatred or you don't..don't be Canadian red neck sissies who hide behind their computer and spread racism and be all politically correct in the real society.

Nick griffin has guts to come out and be racist openly which I applaud him for that. He is actually making lot of us think about our own prejudice and hidden hatred/racism we all might have. Either this will make others come out blunt and let the society see it for itself or this will give others wake up call. Yes, sometimes it takes a devil to give wake up call.

May God bless him with having same guts and passion but for unconditional love instead of unconditional hatred...!

Don't forget this guys organistion was behind MANY attacks on Sikhs (and others) not long ago. Instead of trying to deal with all foreigners at one go, the new strategy seems to be to deal with them piecemeal, adopting the old divide and conquer tactics.

It is sad that we have numbskulls like FordCapri who is willing to go on record with the media and talk of Sikh support for the BNP. It also shows you how weak certain 'Sikhs' have become, that they are considering this. The media here will not miss the opportunity to paint us negatively in all this.

N30 don't respect that guy too much, if he could have his way he would probably have concentration camps opened up! His popularity means bad news for Sikhs.

If anyone is a member of SS. Log and try and talk sense to FordCapri please. lol

Here is something from today's Independent.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/bnp-signs-its-first-nonwhite-member-1824108.html

Edited by dalsingh101

i'm sure Pakistani muslim fanatics can and do use this Sikh BNP members logic as well when they spew their hatred of Sikhs and Hindus. Afterall, didn't their forefathers perish during the partition?

So whats the diffrence between this SIkh and the muslims he hates???

This is what I've been dreading. Sikhs now have the dubious honor of being "in cahoots" with a much loathed British neo-nazi group. The first dark skinned person to join them comes from our lot. Real good publicity. I'm sure the general media will milk this one. What will other ethnics make of it? Here goes our rep as a fearless and generally tolerant society. I mean, if you don't like sullay fine. Don't jump in bed with the BNP who were battering and killing Sikhs only a few years ago though.

More badnami for the quom. lol

"it? Here goes our rep as a fearless and generally tolerant society. I mean, if you don't like sullay fine."

Lol, you can't harbour these 'vair' and then preach to someone else who is open about them and wants to do something about them.

The whole world is on fire, everyone is right and everyone else is wrong.

This is what I've been dreading. Sikhs now have the dubious honor of being "in cahoots" with a much loathed British neo-nazi group. The first dark skinned person to join them comes from our lot. Real good publicity. I'm sure the general media will milk this one. What will other ethnics make of it? Here goes our rep as a fearless and generally tolerant society. I mean, if you don't like sullay fine. Don't jump in bed with the BNP who were battering and killing Sikhs only a few years ago though.

More badnami for the quom. lol

Unfortunately most of the Sikh youth have forgotten about the battles our people had with the National Front, either because they were not even born then or, as is the case with the majority of people I know, their parents have kept quiet about the fights in which they were engaged when the NF was becoming popular in the UK.

The problem is that the BNP are the first British party to articulate the feelings of many "Asian" communities who are furious that they have been tarred with the same brush as Muslim terrorists in the mainstream media who make no distinction between Muslim and other faiths in the Asian community when they are describing Muslim atrocities but do not hesitate to name Sikhs or Hindus whe it the other way around.

Take the recent case of the Punjabi guy who murdered his wife and removed her hand. The media didn't refer to him as Asian, they called him a Sikh, and in today's news they have even stuck a big picture of a Khanda above the story - as if his crime had any connection whatseoever with Sikhi.

I think we will find that more and more "Asian" people will begin to actively sympathise with the views of the BNP, which will be unfortunate because they are most certainly not our friends.

We need older members of our communities to speak up and remind youth of the brutality they faced at the hands of the NF and also a strong political lobby in the Asian community to pressure the media to make distinctions between Islamic fundamentalism, crimes committed by Asians which have no connection to any religion (i.e., not every murder committed by an apna is an honour killing), and to separate completely issues of culture and religion.

K.

Shaheediyan

I'm just saying that I know there is a state of discord between SIkhs and Muslims in areas of the UK. This is indisputable and given some of the underhand tactics of those involved, even understandable (not to be confused with agreeing with it). Fact is plenty of SIkh girls have been made to run away from home. Many have been sexually used and abuse (maybe their own fault?). Worse than this is that good standup Sikh guys have been caught up in stupid fracas, started by the otherside which has resulted in death on both sides as well as serious physical assaults not to mention long prison sentences. Please don't try to be too Gandhian in the face of these truths. Not all is sweet and rosy out there. Lots of nasty stuff goes on. I applaud those in the quom who confront it bravely myself.

But despite any issues between communities (or sections of communities), jumping into the arms of the modern day incarnation of the old NF is the dumbest thing a Sikh could do.

i'm sure Pakistani muslim fanatics can and do use this Sikh BNP members logic as well when they spew their hatred of Sikhs and Hindus. Afterall, didn't their forefathers perish during the partition?

But they got a country out of it. Thats why i dont have a problem with sikhs calling pakistanis 'pakis' as it is nowhere near as offensive as what they did to us.

As for this Rajinder Singh, we have to face the fact that he is a lot older than all of us so deserves some respect. Some of my own grandparents had to leave west punjab during partition, and my great grand mother died during 1947. We cant forget that people like him went through things we cant imagine. Go and talk to your elders if you want to know about partition. This man was raised without his father's guidance so it is inevitable he would have some views like this. The way to counter it is to be more vocal that not all sikhs support the BNP.

Well, when our own community has no unity, patriotism or willingness to deal with problems from other races/communities, is it any wonder people like him will rush into the arms of the BNP? The old man is not an idiot for being who he is. Who cares what the other 'ethnics' think? What have they ever done for us? Why are we beholden to them? We are looking at this the wrong way. The BNP are pushing themselves as a free, open, democratic party. They can only be countered by political activism as it isnt easy to prove the link between the skinhead on the street and the party. If we lose our 'rep' because of what one person does, it just goes to show our reputation wasnt that high in the first place. So what should sikhs who are suffering at the hands of the larger muslim community do?

you can't harbour these 'vair' and then preach to someone else who is open about them and wants to do something about them.

There is a line between being tolerant and having an 'anything goes' attitude.

the media to make distinctions between Islamic fundamentalism, crimes committed by Asians which have no connection to any religion (i.e., not every murder committed by an apna is an honour killing), and to separate completely issues of culture and religion.

That'll be the day. Shame the media dont believe in 'innocent until proven guilty' either.

Well, when our own community has no unity, patriotism or willingness to deal with problems from other races/communities, is it any wonder people like him will rush into the arms of the BNP?

We have brought this about on ourselves. When we decided to place Mercedes, materialism, caste and other nonsense at the forefront of our corporate character. I recall days when there were plenty of guys who wanted to do something about this, and did. So it isn't like the community has always been made up of the apathetic. BTW, the caste thing played a bigger part in breaking the unity that arose in the mid/late 90s. I add that as we were talking about it in another thread. You might also get and idea of why I hate it so much too.

The old man is not an idiot for being who he is. Who cares what the other 'ethnics' think? What have they ever done for us? Why are we beholden to them?

We are not, but don't be naive to the fact that in previous NF battles, nonSIkhs played a big part. In terms of the wider global battle against white supremacism, we will need allies. Sadly, whenever such a time comes upon us, you get the Sikhs who cannot differentiate between being someone's kooti and standing as equals come to the fore. As one racist gora discreetly put it in cockney rhyming slang on a building site once, Sikhs are "smelly lackeys" which was their code for "Packies". The difference between goray and sullay supremacists is this. Sullah would like to see us disappear quickly and violently whilst the other would take their time and slowly bang us out of shape until we absolutely fail to resemble anything other than their own vision for us. Needless to say, we will be in their pockets.

We cannot be complacent about PR/reputation in this day and age HSD. Singhs in the past knew this also. Don't you think freeing those captured girls Nadir Shah was taking away and returning them home helped foster ground level support for the Khalsa? Reputation matters in a wider context also. Look at how the Buddhists in Tibet get bundles of support for their movement. Look at how the whole world looks away at Sikh grievances or Khalistan. Our reputation, will and does play a part in all this. We can't act as if we are in some bubble.

We are looking at this the wrong way. The BNP are pushing themselves as a free, open, democratic party. They can only be countered by political activism as it isnt easy to prove the link between the skinhead on the street and the party.

Time will tell. I hear he is putting himself up as a candidate not a million miles from me. Lets see if race attacks increase as a result.

If we lose our 'rep' because of what one person does, it just goes to show our reputation wasnt that high in the first place.

Our rep is pretty tutti on a street level these days. That is fact. I don't see many 'tasty' Singh mundey anymore. Not like the one man armies that used to be around a few decades ago. But I do expect eye brow raising by people wondering what the hell a brown man is doing supporting the BNP.

So what should sikhs who are suffering at the hands of the larger muslim community do?

First and foremost move the heck away from Muslim majority areas if you can't handle them. Some Sikh families can i.e. the ones with sons that can fight. See that is another problem. Sikhs are so busy trying to be better than each other that success automatically leads to one moving their family to the nearest affluent white area, just to show how much better he is. I can't blame them though, from what I have seen of prominent Sikh areas such as Southall, Gravesend, Brampton etc. is that Sikh people together sort of fuel the most backwardness between themselves. Everything is a petty competition between ourselves. Who is the most religious, richest, biggest car, highest caste, biggest wedding, biggest dhari etc. etc. Sullah on the other hand form tight knit communities.

There is no quick fix other than enough of us living and promoting good, solid values between our nearest and dearests and then waiting until enough of us exist that we can drowned out and/or punh the petty bastards in the quom who weaken us.

Foremost in all of this is how we view each other. As competition or brothers in arms? That being said, I think Panjabi Sikhs have very strange characteristics/values that make this difficult. I guess we need to let the Panjabi ideology amongst us die and weaken and take on more prudent, circumspect Khalsa values. This has nothing to do with the external roop but more of societal norms, models and aspirations. We have a long journey in other words. Nothing will happen overnight.

We have brought this about on ourselves. When we decided to place Mercedes, materialism, caste and other nonsense at the forefront of our corporate character. I recall days when there were plenty of guys who wanted to do something about this, and did. So it isn't like the community has always been made up of the apathetic. BTW, the caste thing played a bigger part in breaking the unity that arose in the mid/late 90s. I add that as we were talking about it in another thread. You might also get and idea of why I hate it so much too.

The thing is that having a community purely after material things or purely built on violence will never work. One of the strengths of the english social structure is it's well educated elite at the top and the willingness/stupidity of those at the bottom to fall in line and comply in carrying out what is necessary to keep the nation on top. Then there are those in the middle who fill the roles needed for the society to function. Sikhs, unfortunately, have formed symbiotic relationships with other race's social pyramid. As for the caste thing, I wasn't even a teenager in the 90s so I'm not sure what you mean about what happened then.

We are not, but don't be naive to the fact that in previous NF battles, nonSIkhs played a big part. In terms of the wider global battle against white supremacism, we will need allies. Sadly, whenever such a time comes upon us, you get the Sikhs who cannot differentiate between being someone's kooti and standing as equals come to the fore. As one racist gora discreetly put it in cockney rhyming slang on a building site once, Sikhs are "smelly lackeys" which was their code for "Packies". The difference between goray and sullay supremacists is this. Sullah would like to see us disappear quickly and violently whilst the other would take their time and slowly bang us out of shape until we absolutely fail to resemble anything other than their own vision for us. Needless to say, we will be in their pockets.

Times have changed. When i lived for a short time in the midlands, i remember going out and coming across groups of whites who had a token black to act as a kind of attack dog. I found it funny how readily the black would fall in line and trot out words like 'ragheads/terrorist/packies/etc' and then cry like a girl after his white 'mates' abandoned him and his head got kicked in. This old sikh guy may be the first to join the BNP but that's only because they will end up using him to galvanise muslims into attacking us and waiting to see what we do in response. Plenty of blacks, hindus and fijians would love to join the BNP, but they wont be allowed. In the case of the Fijians, they know who sikhs are, and are not expressing anti-muslim feeling. The way I see it is that sikhs need to close ranks and sort ourselves out before we try making friends out there. If we arent united, we will end up as lapdogs to anyone we ally with. You can never negotiate from a position of weakness.

With regards to the aims of our enemies, there are 3 things we can do: flee, let them do it or do it to them before they do it to us. So with the pakis it would be nothing more than a war of attrition in a partition-esque situation. With the anglos, we have to keep a hold of and protect what we are and what we want to be whilst chipping away at their infrastrucure. There is no way we could exist as equals without 'cracking a few eggs'.

We cannot be complacent about PR/reputation in this day and age HSD. Singhs in the past knew this also. Don't you think freeing those captured girls Nadir Shah was taking away and returning them home helped foster ground level support for the Khalsa? Reputation matters in a wider context also. Look at how the Buddhists in Tibet get bundles of support for their movement. Look at how the whole world looks away at Sikh grievances or Khalistan. Our reputation, will and does play a part in all this. We can't act as if we are in some bubble.

PR does matter, but sometimes you cant change how certain race's minds think. Whitey has a fear of the chinese, something to do with the possibility of millions of them coming here and shagging their women or running up and down their 'wonderful' countryside. Hence this pro-tibet silliness from so many whites. On the other hand we have hindustan which is keen to be the sepoy in the anglosphere. It wouldnt look good if the world's largest democracy, which was created by britain, suddenly fell apart because it mistreated it's minorities. Hence whitey is keen to turn a blind eye to them as long as they arent too hard on their christian minorities.

Time will tell. I hear he is putting himself up as a candidate not a million miles from me. Lets see if race attacks increase as a result.

They will, but it will be hard to prove that the BNP had anything to do with it. Griffin is shrewd enough not to start his own brownshirts.

First and foremost move the heck away from Muslim majority areas if you can't handle them. Some Sikh families can i.e. the ones with sons that can fight. See that is another problem. Sikhs are so busy trying to be better than each other that success automatically leads to one moving their family to the nearest affluent white area, just to show how much better he is. I can't blame them though, from what I have seen of prominent Sikh areas such as Southall, Gravesend, Brampton etc. is that Sikh people together sort of fuel the most backwardness between themselves. Everything is a petty competition between ourselves. Who is the most religious, richest, biggest car, highest caste, biggest wedding, biggest dhari etc. etc. Sullah on the other hand form tight knit communities.

Wherever sikhs go, the musis arent far behind. They got their own country in 1947 yet they still came here after the sikhs did. They hate us yet dont want to let us go away.

Living among a purely sikh community isnt good idea either.

Foremost in all of this is how we view each other. As competition or brothers in arms? That being said, I think Panjabi Sikhs have very strange characteristics/values that make this difficult. I guess we need to let the Panjabi ideology amongst us die and weaken and take on more prudent, circumspect Khalsa values. This has nothing to do with the external roop but more of societal norms, models and aspirations. We have a long journey in other words. Nothing will happen overnight.

Agree with all of that apart from the use of the phrase 'Punjabi ideology'. The muslim and hindu punjabis dont exhibit most of these qualities. We have to face that the bad things have crept into sikhi because of our own failure to oppose them. Saying it is Punjabi or was always present at some kind of level is just a cop out used by those who wont want to change.

"fact is plenty of SIkh girls have been made to run away from home. Many have been sexually used and abuse (maybe their own fault?)"

Well, 'Sikh' parents shouldn't try and educate their girls about 'Indian culture' through Bollywood then.

http://www.bollywhat.com/ramblings/khan_ram.html

Then they wonder why there girls run away with the real life Khan Sahib heroes. I have seen this happening for 2 decades. Regarding girls getting abused - I have seen many, many 'Sikhs' use and abuse 'Sikh' girls in horrible ways, worse than prostitutes. What I don't understand is, why do we not start a 'morcha' in our back garden 1st.

That said, treating girls like (*&% is not something unique to 'Asians'. Its a worldwide culture now, thanks to our Hip Hop brothers and adoption of the trash culture, which no one has adopted to a higher level than our very own 'bhangra boys'. We promote the treatment of our girls like trash, then wonder whats happening to our kaum. If you want the prime examples, then just look to the West coast of CA, where Gangster Sikhs keep scores of 'cheap' Sikh girls.

Keep blaming everyone else. Heres a fact, I see many, many more girls marrying/running off with gorai (non-Sikh), than I do with Muslims.

Well, 'Sikh' parents shouldn't try and educate their girls about 'Indian culture' through Bollywood then.

If you think this is limited to families who love the Bollywood crap, then you haven't got a clue. Even regular Gurdwara going, on stage kirtan singing, Panjabi GCSE/ A Level having 'good girls' have been known to act like prostitutes when given an opportunity. I remember one girl at uni. I walked through the halls and found her in a quiet corner with 4/5 you know whos, who were groping her. That same weekend I went to a Gurdwara. Guess who I saw on stage playing the baja. There were loads of cases like that. I don't know what the situation is today though.

Regarding girls getting abused - I have seen many, many 'Sikhs' use and abuse 'Sikh' girls in horrible ways, worse than prostitutes. What I don't understand is, why do we not start a 'morcha' in our back garden 1st.

Absolutely. But the whole "I'm a princess who can't do no wrong" complex has to go as well. If you saw how P'stanis treat their women who exhibit promiscuous tendencies compared to Sikhs. In comparison Sikh men are angels. Anyway, what about the lessons from Charitr Pakyaan. Are they relevant here? Comment on that please. What can we learn from the Dasam Granth about this? What is point of people getting emotional about the DG here and not having a clue about how the contents may actually be of relevance today.

That said, treating girls like (*&% is not something unique to 'Asians'. Its a worldwide culture now, thanks to our Hip Hop brothers and adoption of the trash culture, which no one has adopted to a higher level than our very own 'bhangra boys'. We promote the treatment of our girls like trash, then wonder whats happening to our kaum. If you want the prime examples, then just look to the West coast of CA, where Gangster Sikhs keep scores of 'cheap' Sikh girls.

There you go again, blame those hip hopsters like a snobby whiteman. Like we never had our own homegrown sleaze. What about all of the suggestive songs about "bhabhis" and the Chamkila risque tunes that were a strong feature of Panjabi musical culture before any hip hop ever came on the scene. Fact is that many Sikh girls are cheap. Face it. The truth is that the community is struggling to uniformly raise balanced children who grow up to be strong minded and have a positive self identity and affinity as well as loyalty to their Sikh heritance. This has nothing to do with hip hip.

I don't know about what goes on in CA. Maybe you can PM me and inform me. I have a good idea that whatever it is, is based more on twisted notions of Jat masculinity than hip hop culture anyway. You keep blaming everyone else. Like Anglo culture doesn't promote frivolous relationships and sleaze. Wake up.

Keep blaming everyone else. Heres a fact, I see many, many more girls marrying/running off with gorai (non-Sikh), than I do with Muslims.

Yes, this is the trend now. Welcome to multicultural Britain. The reason the sullah liberty taking slowed down previously was because some people actively fought it. What should we do about whitey then, who is obsessed with taming everyone or remoulding them until acceptable to their eyes? Pray do tell. You seem to be implying Bollywood was turning girls into morons. What about Hollywood then?

Edited by dalsingh101

Trying to forge some sort of Sikh Identity is like trying to stem the flow of a raging torrent of water with a small teacup. There are 'currents' flowing in the world today that have picked up momentum due to past causes and will not be stopped by people banging on about whites and pakis - all that is, is a distraction. What is imperative now is to identify the destructive trends and to be aware of them. Shaheediyan is right about the trash culture that has come to influence the youth we should study the causes of this culture and identify the roots of it. Things are getting pounded into dust, to keep your hosh we have to watch what is happening if we get caught up in all this paki whitey business you will be caught up in the maelstrom and pounded into dust like all the other fools arguing about non-existent false issues. The destruction of identity in the youth that people so much malign is only the clearing out of trash, with knowledge it is a blessing without it becomes a curse. Certyain concepts, although they point towards the truth have come into the realm of false personality and have become false idols, once a concept becomes only for 'show' it must inevitably degenerate -pravritti+nivritti- . And sorry to say for many people Sikhi is only 'show'.

Do you their business/shops I use to an absolute minimum and when theirs no other choice.

Such amazing and coherent input in this discussion.

"fact is plenty of SIkh girls have been made to run away from home. Many have been sexually used and abuse (maybe their own fault?)"

http://www.bollywhat...s/khan_ram.html

Then they wonder why there girls run away with the real life Khan Sahib heroes. I have seen this happening for 2 decades. Regarding girls getting abused - I have seen many, many 'Sikhs' use and abuse 'Sikh' girls in horrible ways, worse than prostitutes. What I don't understand is, why do we not start a 'morcha' in our back garden 1st.

Women are women and men are men. If a sikh guy wants to go out and get pissed, no amount of education or pious preaching will stop him. If a sikh girl wants to be a slapper then she will do it, especially if she knows there will be no repercussions. Blaming it on bollywood/hip-hop/bad parenting is a naive way at looking at behaviour among young sikhs.

Edited by HSD

I only use Bollywood and Hip Hop as examples of trash culture which are strong in many Sikh families, you are all missing the trick. Trash culture has been adopted all around the world - due to the exit of Dharma, a sheath is never left empty, you willingly (or unwillingly draw your sword, maya and panj vaikaar (Adharma) will willingly replace it).

Yes, trash culture is not a new invention, no body said it was, it simply keeps reinventing it self - but the core ingredients always remain the same. Same goes for the cure to trash, Dharma.

Mekhane'ch Jannat is spot on, all you people are going to loose the game of life believing that the 'enemy' is group of people from a cerain race, faith or country, when in actual fact, the real enemy is within.

all you people are going to loose the game of life believing that the 'enemy' is group of people from a cerain race, faith or country, when in actual fact, the real enemy is within.

So no real human groups exist that bear ill will and malice to the Sikh community then? What dream world are you living in?

Of course they do, it is naieve to believe otherwise. The world is made up of malice and ill will. But arguing on the same level only propogates this malice and ill will. No matter in what ideaological clothes you dress it up in. The issue is of viewing things vertically and not horizontally. Arguing with a frog in a deep well is not going to get you out of the well. And this is what these issues are, two frogs arguing in a deep dank well over different shades of slime. A muni once said that the world can only change when people work on themselves and put their own house in order before they try to put the world to rights. Most of us are in disorder internally and if we try to reform sikh society all that will happen is that the internal disorder will spread out into society.

"So no real human groups exist that bear ill will and malice to the Sikh community then?"

Lol, 'real human groups' do exist, who bear emnity towards others, they exist in all spheres and facets of mankind, including the Sikh community. Everyone thinks everyone else is the enemy, and they are, because everyone nurtures the seeds of unholiness within themself, this priviledge is not the monopoly of any one group, same way holiness is not the product of one group of people, although all groups claim that it is.

Like MJ said, lets look under our own carpet instead of pointing at the uncleanliness of others.

Edited by shaheediyan