Going To India Soon, What Should We Get?

Xylitol

My parents are going to India soon. I would like a suggestion of some granths (or whatever else) for them to purchase. I'm primarily interested in the spiritual aspects of Sikhi. I've already decided Mukat Marg is on the list. What else is useful reading??

Edited by Xylitol

Please ask them to get a bikrami jantri and when you get it, post the important dates here.

For spiritual stuff, then Sant Isher SIngh Ji's diary is good - available from Rarasahib, as are the books written by Sant Waryan Singh Ji, but I think you can these in Canada anyway.

Please ask them to get Sri Dasam Granth Darpan written by Bhai Harbans Singh of Chandigarh. It was written in response to Bhag Singh Ambala's controversial which was written to degrade Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. The whole group of Gurtej Singh Brar, Gurcharan Singh Brar "Jeonwala", Inder Singh Pannu "Ghagga", Gurbakhsh Singh "Kala Afghana" and crew drive most of their wisdom from Bhag Singh Ambala's book. All their blasphemy has been refuted in Sri Dasam Granth Darpan written by Bhai Harbans Singh.

My parents are going to India soon. I would like a suggestion of some granths (or whatever else) for them to purchase. I'm primarily interested in the spiritual aspects of Sikhi. I've already decided Mukat Marg is on the list. What else is useful reading??

Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Steek - Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji (Bhindranwale)

Sri Gurmukh Parkaash - Sant Giani Gurbachan Singh Ji (Bhindranwale)

Ameer Bhandaar Katha Shaant Sagar Sampardayee Steek (Sukhmani Sahib Ji) - Sant Kirpal Singh Ji

BhavrasAmrit - Mahant Sant Tirath Singh Ji

there are too many books to choose from, I think the one thing is now that punjabdigital library have put loads of stuff on the net do you want them in hardback form.

Sore books i would suggests are

Parchian Bhai Addan Shah

Vairag Shatak Steek by Pandit narain Singh Ji

Parbodh Chandar Natak staak by Pandit Narain Singh Ji

Vichar Sagar steek by Pandit Nischal Das

Nirmal Panth Ithaas (2 parts) Dr Parmjit Singh

Pandit Tara Singh Narotam Jeevan Te Rachna by Dr Parmjit Singh

All steeks by Sant Surjit Singh Ji Sevapanthi

All books by Giani Balwant Singh Ji Kotha Guru Walae

Guvak Chanan, Gurparkaran Granth and Gurithaas Savaiyai by Sant Hari Singh Randhawae Wale

Makke Madine Di gosht by Kulwant Singh

All books by Piara Singh Padam

The list could go on. Do you want historical, steeks, vedant, kaav rachna?