Simran Method - Akali Baba Prem Singh Ji

It's similar also to the method described in Sant Baba Jagjit Singh Harkhowale's autobiography. In that method one exhales while saying Wah, and inhales while sayinh Hi Gu Ru (the association with the chakras is identical in both methods).

Harbhajan Singh Yogi also taught a similar method called Sudarshan Chakra Kriya with manipulation of the navel/perineal pump to force kundalini to rise.

K.

It's similar also to the method described in Sant Baba Jagjit Singh Harkhowale's autobiography. In that method one exhales while saying Wah, and inhales while sayinh Hi Gu Ru (the association with the chakras is identical in both methods).

Harbhajan Singh Yogi also taught a similar method called Sudarshan Chakra Kriya with manipulation of the navel/perineal pump to force kundalini to rise.

K.

Thats interesting i always thought you inhale when saying Wah?

Feels kind of weird doing it that way

Thats right, most of the methods I have cross referenced from Sants generally say inhale during Va (drawing in from the naval) and He (continue drawing in at the heart) and exhale during Gu (slow release through throat) and Ru (continued whilst focusing between eyes).

I think any method performed with ekagrata and sharda will work. I feel the Sant Jagjit Singh Ji method is best used in conjunction with reverse breathing (it happens naturally with this method) which the Taoists believe is the way that we breathe when we are in the womb:

http://internalart.tripod.com/the%20art%20of%20meditation/breathing.htm

http://www.breathing.com/articles/reverse-breathing.htm

It's a form of breathing used in internal martial arts as well as Taoist yoga to send energy into and up the spine.

You should use whatever method your Panj Piaray or a Mahapurush has personally taught you.

K.