The Day The Immigrants Left

dalsingh101

Guys,

You have to watch this. Clearly shows why so many immigrants are here. Would you hire a wasp if you had a firm? Many English business men seem disinclined....find out why.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00r3qyw/The_Day_the_Immigrants_Left/

Evan Davis presents a programme exploring the effects of immigration in the UK by focusing on Wisbech, a town in Cambridgeshire.

Since 2004 this once prosperous market town has received up to 9,000 immigrants seeking work - the majority from Eastern Europe. But with nearly 2,000 locals unemployed and claiming benefits, many of them blame the foreign workers for their predicament.

To test if the town needs so many foreign workers, immigrant employees are temporarily removed from their jobs, and the work given to the local unemployed. Now the town's British workers have a chance to prove they can do it.

Eleven British unemployed workers are recruited to go into a range of different Wisbech workplaces including a potato company, an asparagus farm, an Indian restaurant and a building site run by a local landlord.

Like certain goray, certain Panjabis need to either do the work the immigrants are doing, or shut up and stop moaning.

The thing is the average punjabi kid gets a half decent education but is then expected to do a menial trade their parents did or something low-level in the pindh. What's the point of education if you're not going to use it. The whites on the other hand dont have an education yet expect 'lotsamoney' as they are white and therefore more deserving than the brown folk. All you have to do to see this is the animosity from a fair few low level white workers in this country towards educated well to do asians. There is a difference.

So we're all aiming for office jobs then?

Besides, no offence but the state education system in Panjab is proper shite. Those masters are equivalent to a GCSE here.

But you still have these very basically educated people running around looking for cushy jobs back home who wont go physical to work the family land/trade. But they'd happily come here and graft long hours covered in cement, 3 to a room.

Seems a bit strange? Have we become the equivalent of those lazy wasps in the video back home?

Edited by dalsingh101

Well if thats the case then I dont see the point of an education system in East Punjab, they might as well go straight into the trade. Those with educations shouldnt aim for office jobs, East Punjab has to develop a lot before we get to the stage where we can dump the youth into offices to make themselves feel self important.

But that still doesnt mean that uneducated lazy whites over here with a better-than-the-brown-guy complex are on firm ground.

KDS

That's the thing. When it is good, it is GOOD and I know some guys from back home can mess with the best in certain subjects like maths/programming etc. when they've been to top institutes. As for the state stuff!!! Holy moley!

When I speak to relatives or family friends who've done a 'masters' they have a piss poor grasp of the subject. Like a grade D in GSCE over here. Girls just do it to up their marriage prospects. It wouldn't surprise me if a high level of corruption and nepotism is taking place in institutes also. That is why so many dumbasses get passes I imagine?

It wouldn't surprise me if a high level of corruption and nepotism is taking place in institutes also. That is why so many dumbasses get passes I imagine?

Passing and marks are more dependent on Luck than hard work.I am telling it by experiance of mine as passing from correspondence university.Believe me the you are never sure what type of result you get until you see it.I have talked to students who told me that despite writing full paper they were failed and only got 1 mark

and I even met students which were laughing that they just answered 35% of paper and got 70% of marks.Its better to go to baba before exam rather than studying hard.Also my brother is graduate from reguler college of Haryana's university and Despite being a topper He was never sure of his result fortunately he was never failed in any subject ,Once just got passing marks despite writing very good paper.

I don't think the situation in Punjab is going to be better ,even in Delhi we here same stories

Well if thats the case then I dont see the point of an education system in East Punjab, they might as well go straight into the trade

The main point of education is social respect.

In arrange marriage a rishta could be turned down if the girl's family know that boy is just 10th passed While having a bachelor or master increases your respect.

Also Don't forget that many boys who dedicate themselves to study could avoid bad company

What is with the avoidance of higher level analysis/creative thinking skills?

Indian education just seems to be about demonstrating the ability to regurgitate information? The old rutta.

What is with the avoidance of higher level analysis/creative thinking skills?

In India just be a good parrot and memorise this is key

to success .You have to crack entrance exams of top universities Where good companies flock with big pay packages and by memorising the formulas of maths,synonym antonyms etc you can crack entrance test.creative thinking higher level analysis will take you nowhere