Guru Nanak And Babur

What is the meaning of the below lines:

ਬਾਬੇ ਕੇ ਬਾਬਰ ਕੇ ਦੋਊ ॥ ਆਪ ਕਰੇ ਪਰਮੇਸਰ ਸੋਊ ॥

बाबे के बाबर के दोऊ ॥ आप करे परमेसर सोऊ ॥

The successors of both, Baba (Nanak) and Badur were created by God Himself.

ਦੀਨ ਸਾਹ ਇਨ ਕੋ ਪਹਿਚਾਨੋ ॥ ਦੁਨੀਪਤਿ ਉਨ ਕੌ ਅਨੁਮਾਨੋ ॥੯॥

दीन साह इन को पहिचानो ॥ दुनीपति उन कौ अनुमानो ॥९॥

Recognise the former as the spiritual king and the later as temporal king.9.

ਜੋ ਬਾਬੇ ਕੇ ਦਾਮ ਨ ਦੈ ਹੈਂ ॥ ਤਿਨ ਤੇ ਗਹਿ ਬਾਬਰ ਕੇ ਲੈ ਹੈਂ ॥

जो बाबे के दाम न दै हैं ॥ तिन ते गहि बाबर के लै हैं ॥

Those who do not deliver the Guru`s money, the successors of Babur shall seize and take away forcibly from them.

ਦੈ ਦੈ ਤਿਨ ਕੌ ਬਡੀ ਸਜਾਇ ॥ ਪੁਨਿ ਲੈਹੈਂ ਗ੍ਰਿਹ ਲੂਟ ਬਨਾਇ ॥੧੦॥

दै दै तिन कौ बडी सजाइ ॥ पुनि लैहैं ग्रिह लूट बनाइ ॥१०॥

They will be greatly punished (and their houses will he plundered.10.

Edited by amardeep

i have heard that Guru Ji blessed Babur with 10 or maybe 9 successors mirroreing that of Gurgaddi. where are these pangtian from ? sounds like Panth Parkash.

I would think that it says whoever came to Guru's door, would be saved whereas those who didnt would be seized by Babur. Could this Babur and his descendants be a metaphor for Yamdoot?

There were 6 rulers from Babur to Aurangzeb and it is said that after Aurangzeb the empire started to collapse. Banda Singh Bahadur was a great challenge to Bahadur Shah and it can be said that after 1707 Mughal rule as it was known earlier was preety much gone.

Is that from Bachittar Natak?

I think it may refer to the people who deserted Guru Gobind Singh prior to an impending battle, who were then attacked by a Moghul contingent sent from Delhi?

What was the reason that Guru Maharaj helped Bahadur Shah instead of Tara Azzam?? Was it because he was the most righteous ruler of the two brothers, or was it because Tara Azzam was much stronger and had a greater army, hence Maharaj allied with Bahadur Shah to overthrow Tara Azam, so that Banda Singh Bahadur could take on Bahadur Shah, the weakest of the two brothers, years later? I've always wondered why Guru Gobind Singh helped a man to power who issued hukamnamas to 'kill all nanakpanthis whereever you find them' years later..

Edited by amardeep

What was the reason that Guru Maharaj helped Bahadur Shah instead of Tara Azzam?? Was it because he was the most righteous ruler of the two brothers, or was it because Tara Azzam was much stronger and had a greater army, hence Maharaj allied with Bahadur Shah to overthrow Tara Azam, so that Banda Singh Bahadur could take on Bahadur Shah, the weakest of the two brothers, years later? I've always wondered why Guru Gobind Singh helped a man to power who issued hukamnamas to 'kill all nanakpanthis whereever you find them' years later..

Not sure, but when a young Bahadhur Shah was sent to bring the refractory pahaari rajah in line, (with whom Guru Gobind Rai [name at that time] had formed an alliance), he left dasmesh pita alone and it appears that those that previously deserted Guru Gobind received the bulk of the Moghul ire.

Personally I believe it was Bahadur Shah who organised the assasination of Guru Gobind Singh years later. Thankfully though, Guru ji seemed to have foreseen this and deputated Banda Singh to do his thing in Panjab a few days/weeks/months before the assasination. I think by then Guru ji had seen that Bahadur Shah wasn't going to be a righteous leader, hence his own actions.

Edited by dalsingh101