Short Video On Panjabi 'student' Problems In Uk

Dal, I'm not making excuses or trying to defend anyone. We can go and on and on with this discussion, and I see your point, but try for once to have an open mind and see my point as well. At the end of the day, just as my view on this situation represents some Punjabis and not all, so does yours.

Okay.

And give us a break with your thesis on Punjabis on the run, your whole argument relies on the statements on a few Punjabis you have met at the Gurdwara. Conduct a world wide survey on the topic and then we'll see if your theory holds.

Not at all. I've worked with these people many times over the years. Plus I've known A LOT of people who hire these types. So, although I agree that no one can speak absolutely definitively, I think I've been at the ground level enough to speak about the matter on more than just a theoretical level.

Besides, don't misunderstand, underlying this is my own sense of disappointment that our own people couldn't do things more smarter, like I see other communities who do this kind of work do. The skills of the Polish immigrants here is often impressive. What Panjabis seem to have totally failed to grasp is how the 'good old days' of relying on former colonised people for labour is over and you now have hordes of motivated and trained people from eastern Europe to compete with.

Strangely I noticed that all the garbage disposal trucks and road sweepers positions around here have been swamped by eastern Europeans in the matter of a few years. Seems like there are still some jobs our people just will not do (publically at least)? Even if the wages are very good?

No, if I was going abroad, I'd try and do the homework before hand to give myself an edge, it's the lack of this that I am bewildered about. This notion is nothing new. When you read the original white man accounts of Panjab (see for yourself by getting this book), you quickly notice how the people writing the narratives (many as early as the late 1700s), where scoping out the terrain and sussing out the environment. These narrratives where valued in the west because they used them to understand new territory - to their advantage. This helped them form plans, strategies etc. which eventually played a part in them conquering and subjugating our homeland for a century.

It's always easy for us to say that if we lived in Punjab we'd try to do some homework before we went to Europe. We'll never know the answer to this question because you and I never grew up in Punjab (or did you?)

How do you know you wouldn't be desperate to get out of Punjab if you were born there? Even poor, middle class and rich people are very desperate to get out that they'd do anything to get out of India. Imagine you being a poor or middle class guy who lived in Punjab, you had a job but didn't make much money. You want to go to Europe like other Punjabis whom you see have made a great living in the West, trust me, Dal you wouldn't even think about doing your homework before hand. All this about doing homework before just sounds too ridiculous to me.

If you grew up and lived in Punjab you would probably also have a different personality than now. The place(s) and the environment we live in do have a very deep effect on our personalities.

The desperation in Punjab is unbelievable. Nowadays people have started marrying their door rishtedar cousin's (the one's they aren't blood related to) just so they can get out of Punjab. It wouldn't surprise me if apne log in 10-15 years from now started marrying their first cousin's so they can get visa to Europe!

Edited by G.Kaur

Dal you wouldn't even think about doing your homework before hand. All this about doing homework before just sounds too ridiculous to me.

If you grew up and lived in Punjab you would probably also have a different personality than now. The place(s) we live do have a very deep effect on our personalities.

All this about doing homework before just sounds too ridiculous to me.

I'm not disagreeing about the effects of geography on our thinking.

That doesn't change the sad fact that overall, apna society just doesn't seem to be the circumspect, prudent type. And yes, on one side I do find it quite strange that given Panjabis Sikhs close contact with Brits for quite a while, and prolonged residence here they haven't really sussed out what goes on on this island to a great depth. But maybe that is simply down to the fact in reality we are a highly individualised society and that members generally have the psychology of doing things on their own without community support, unless it involves close family?

Maybe that explains why apnay haven't been able to manipulate thee situation for a better corporate advantage for the wider community (as opposed to individuals)?

Edited by dalsingh101

It's always easy for us to say that if we lived in Punjab we'd try to do some homework before we went to Europe. We'll never know the answer to this question because you and I never grew up in Punjab (or did you?)

How do you know you wouldn't be desperate to get out of Punjab if you were born there? Even poor, middle class and rich people are very desperate to get out that they'd do anything to get out of India. Imagine you being a poor or middle class guy who lived in Punjab, you had a job but didn't make much money. You want to go to Europe like other Punjabis whom you see have made a great living in the West, trust me, Dal you wouldn't even think about doing your homework before hand. All this about doing homework before just sounds too ridiculous to me.

If you grew up and lived in Punjab you would probably also have a different personality than now. The place(s) and the environment we live in do have a very deep effect on our personalities.

The desperation in Punjab is unbelievable. Nowadays people have started marrying their door rishtedar cousin's (the one's they aren't blood related to) just so they can get out of Punjab. It wouldn't surprise me if apne log in 10-15 years from now started marrying their first cousin's so they can get visa to Europe!

Very well said .People can criticise others especially the less fortunate one's but they can never be in their shoes

BTW G.Kaur If you ever create your fan club please invite me Your thoughtful and close to life posts on this issue has really impressed me a lot

KDS - People back home seem to think life is all roses for us here. It isn't. Nor was it easy for everyone growing up here. Desis need to figure that out. It is foolishly imagining that we are all living like kings here - that is causing half of the problems we are talking about.

Plus yes, as a community, I think we really pity ourselves these days. That's sad.

Edited by dalsingh101

KDS - People back home seem to think life is all roses for us here. It isn't. Nor was it easy for everyone growing up here. Desis need to figure that out. It is foolishly imagining that we are all living like kings here that is causing half of the problems we are talking about.

Plus yes, as a community, I think we really pity ourselves these days. That's sad.

The big question is who is going to tell them that life is not like heaven in UK.

When they were growing up they saw NRI's as rich people so it just enter their mentality that if we will do what those NRI's did then our life will be the same.I am sure if thousands of lute pite NRI's will return in future then this mentality will change

Very well said .People can criticise others especially the less fortunate one's but they can never be in their shoes

BTW G.Kaur If you ever create your fan club please invite me Your thoughtful and close to life posts on this issue has really impressed me a lot

Errrr are you insane? Don't you know Sikhs aren't allowed to worship cows :blink:

This is an up close and personal picture of me taken in 2007 in Punjab :D https://picasaweb.google.com/GurjeetK84/Punjab2007#5135327731019526754

Goodnight everyone!

Errrr are you insane? Don't you know Sikhs aren't allowed to worship cows :blink:

This is an up close and personal picture of me taken in 2007 in Punjab :D https://picasaweb.google.com/GurjeetK84/Punjab2007#5135327731019526754

Goodnight everyone!

I knew it.Thanks for informing me.Women are incapable of good discussions on forums so you something else O/W How could you be writing such good posts.

Women are incapable of good discussions on forums

Hee hee! emoticon%20laughin.gif

KDS - People back home seem to think life is all roses for us here. It isn't. Nor was it easy for everyone growing up here. Desis need to figure that out. It is foolishly imagining that we are all living like kings here - that is causing half of the problems we are talking about.

When you tell people in Punjab that there are no trees in our gardens with dollars and UK pounds on, that we don't go out in the garden every morning to pick money from the our trees, they don't believe you and accuse you of being jealous because they are going abroad. I've tried so many times explaining people what life abroad is like, but either they won't listen or the won't believe me.

When is the last time you've been in Punjab? From most of your posts I've got the impression that you haven't been in Punjab for a long time and only talking from a UK perspective, but maybe I'm wrong?

The other day I read a very interesting article in the newspaper. The Poles in Poland wanted to warn other Poles about not going to my country for work (carpentry, building construction etc.) unless they had an insurance and union. The reason why they started this campaign amongst Poles in Poland is because a man (in his 40's or maybe he was 50) came here few years ago, started working (he had no union or insurance) and one day he fell down from the roof. He had to pay more than 100.000 UK pounds for all the operations, he's totally handicapped now because of the accident and a machine is breathing for him. He's totally paralysed and wanted to warn other Poles.

Maybe it's unrealistic to do similar campaigns in Punjab, because people won't listen. But I was impressed by the Polish campaign, and I hope it will be a warning for them not to come here without an insurance.

When you tell people in Punjab that there are no trees in our gardens with dollars and UK pounds on, that we don't go out in the garden every morning to pick money from the our trees, they don't believe you and accuse you of being jealous because they are going abroad. I've tried so many times explaining people what life abroad is like, but either they won't listen or the won't believe me.

Well to be honest people are not going to believe unless some of you will settle in Punjab and do your job their instead in Europe or America,Canada.People will say behind your back look She is working in Europe but telling us not to go their.If Life is so good in Punjab then why don't she just settle here

I know this. When we try and analyse the reasons for this, it looks like we have no trust or faith in each other as a quom. What do people base such suspicions on? Experience? Or is it paranoia?

When is the last time you've been in Punjab? From most of your posts I've got the impression that you haven't been in Punjab for a long time and only talking from a UK perspective, but maybe I'm wrong?

I haven't been for a few years but I still have A LOT of contact with freshies here and with family back home, so I know what goes on over there and I know the mentality well.

I don't know why we are arguing anyway. I think we are both seeing the same thing but only differ in that you are taking a softer, sympathetic approach to the matter, whereas I feel that enough is enough and direct and stern words are the order of the day. We don't disagree on what is going on, but rather disagree on the stance to take towards it.

I've only ever known one desi I worked with who came here and worked for a bit (on a site), felt demeaned and didn't like the waking up early and went back asap. Mind you he wasn't a Sikh but an atheist Panjabi communist from a Sikh background.

The other day I read a very interesting article in the newspaper. The Poles in Poland wanted to warn other Poles about not going to my country for work (carpentry, building construction etc.) unless they had an insurance and union. The reason why they started this campaign amongst Poles in Poland is because a man (in his 40's or maybe he was 50) came here few years ago, started working (he had no union or insurance) and one day he fell down from the roof. He had to pay more than 100.000 UK pounds for all the operations, he's totally handicapped now because of the accident and a machine is breathing for him. He's totally paralysed and wanted to warn other Poles.

Like I said before, when you compare how other communities operate to how our lot go on, it seems to indicate we have a lot of hostility, jealousy and animosity between each other.

Maybe it's unrealistic to do similar campaigns in Punjab, because people won't listen. But I was impressed by the Polish campaign, and I hope it will be a warning for them not to come here without an insurance.

That is exactly my whole point, what other communities take as commonsense and practical (based on experiences) seems to fly over our people's heads. It's a deeply rooted problem. It's almost like we struggle with higher level thinking? Pendu brained. This isn't being arrogant on my part, but an observation based on growing up around the most diverse range of cultures going and comparing.

That isn't to say we don't have good things going for us, but still, that petty thinking that seems to characterise our lot these days is pretty strange - no matter how anyone explains it away.

Edited by dalsingh101

Well to be honest people are not going to believe unless some of you will settle in Punjab and do your job their instead in Europe or America,Canada.People will say behind your back look She is working in Europe but telling us not to go their.If Life is so good in Punjab then why don't she just settle here

You know there is something very weird (or should I say predatory?) about the mindset of most desis back home. If they made the environment more conducive for people to resettle/retire back there, maybe we'd see more of this. But whilst things remain as they are, with poor infrastructure and the way they treat 'NRIs' like something from another planet, are you really surprised people don't want to return?

But I do potentially foresee a time in future (a few decades at least), where people could be moving to India for a better life, that is if the economy really does pick up and prosper in the 21st century.

It does, however, seem as if Panjab is failing to take full advantage of the impending change taking place to its advantage? We seem to have no economic vision outside of the tired old agricultural thing we'd had going on from time immemorial.

Edited by dalsingh101

I know this. When we try and analyse the reasons for this, it looks like we have no trust or faith in each other as a quom. What do people base such suspicions on? Experience? Or is it paranoia?

I haven't been for a few years but I still have A LOT of contact with freshies here and with family back home, so I know what goes on over there and I know the mentality well.

I don't know why we are arguing anyway. I think we are both seeing the same thing but only differ in that you are taking a softer, sympathetic approach to the matter, whereas I feel that enough is enough and direct and stern words are the order of the day. We don't disagree on what is going on, but rather disagree on the stance to take towards it.

I've only ever known one desi I worked with who came here and worked for a bit (on a site), felt demeaned and didn't like the waking up early and went back asap. Mind you he wasn't a Sikh but an atheist Panjabi communist from a Sikh background.

Like I said before, when you compare how other communities operate to how our lot go on, it seems to indicate we have a lot of hostility, jealousy and animosity between each other.

That is exactly my whole point, what other communities take as commonsense and practical (based on experiences) seems to fly over our people's heads. It's a deeply rooted problem. It's almost like we struggle with higher level thinking? Pendu brained. This isn't being arrogant on my part, but an observation based on growing up around the most diverse range of cultures going and comparing.

That isn't to say we don't have good things going for us, but still, that petty thinking that seems to characterise our lot these days is pretty strange - no matter how anyone explains it away.

I don't think it's paranoia. From my experiences in Punjab it seems like people think you will get jealous if they go abroad. I couldn't care less if they're going abroad or not, and I don't understand why people don't want to listen to you, so they won't get a shock when they come here and find out that there are no trees with money in our gardens!

I'm not taking a sympathetic approach to the matter. I'm trying to understand people and their mentality and why they do what they do and sometimes I don't understand it, and for many years I've been trying to understand people in Punjab and their intense desire to go to Europe no matter what it costs, that is izzat, pride, money, 'selling their daughters' etc.)

2 years ago I was at my cousin's in-laws house and her sas showed me a lot of their family pictures. There was a picture of a 16-years-old girl who was sitting next to a man he was 40 or 50. I thought it was her dad, and then her sas said it was her husband! I was totally shocked and asked why on earth her parents married their daughter off to a man who could be her dad, the only thing her sas said was "it took her 4 years to go to the US". She showed me other pictures of her niece who is parhi-likhi who got married to an un-parh man who's older than her and now they're waiting for her to get visa to the US. You would never ever see people in Punjab marry their daughter's off to old men (unless they were very poor) unless the men had visa's to the western world. These are some of the double standards that I'm tired of, I could write so many things about what makes me angry about apne log but that would be a long, boring lecture/post :P

I don't know why stories like these don't scare people back home

http://www.thestar.com/printArticle/580236

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-news/fatherinlaw-of-punjabi-girl-killed-in-canada-arrested/408163/

How sick can you get, marry your daughter off to a man you've known for 3 days?!

I don't know if it makes sense to you, but I wrote all the things above in this topic because it's important to know what is going on in Punjab and why people do what they do, even though we don't always understand it. Well I don't...

Edited by G.Kaur

I don't know if it makes sense to you, but I wrote all the things above in this topic because it's important to know what is going on in Punjab and why people do what they do, even though we don't always understand it. Well I don't...

I don't think it is that hard to understand. Ultimately, our people have taken the notion of izzat to stupid lengths. By this, I mean they feel diminished and degraded if someone can show more financial strength than them. Thy feel they lose izzat without overt shows of wealth/status.

Underlying this is a complete lack of spiritual depth in our people. The type that will have people content with less in their life and take them out of materialistic competition with one another.

Whereas haughty, snobby insults in another culture may well lead to the recipient feeling bad, they will soon get over it. With the pendu brain, such an insult becomes unbearable to the point of them becoming desperate to avoid it and even suicidal if they can't. The notion of being content with what you have doesn't seem to exist with the 'aspiring' pendu. Most of the guys I speak to from back home aren't poor by Indian standards. They are usually from relatively prosperous and connected families who can afford to make all manner of dubious payments to get them here.

What is lacking is a greater, higher level, progressive thinking. We are so individualised as a community that we are stuck in a game of petty one-up-manship. What makes me laugh is that despite all of the skulduggery, our people aren't ever going to be as prosperous as some Russians, Arabs etc.

Most of all, it is sad to see. It is sad that we debase our community and any sense of morality/ethics pursuing these dreams. It's like an ugly, horrible streak that is just SO at odds with what Guru Nanak taught that it makes your heart sink.

And btw Dal, you are my enemy so I'm allowed to argue with you

You should try being a bit more 'nirvair'. lol

Edited by dalsingh101

You know there is something very weird (or should I say predatory?) about the mindset of most desis back home. If they made the environment more conducive for people to resettle/retire back there, maybe we'd see more of this. But whilst things remain as they are, with poor infrastructure and the way they treat 'NRIs' like something from another planet, are you really surprised people don't want to return?

Punjabi people may have thousand of bad points but there is other side of story too.Why will any NRI will give up his/her lifestyle which he/she is getting in developed country? Here an NRI have to face common day to day problem like electricity cuts ,water shortage,corruption etc and those who have lived much of their life in developed countries Why will they give up that lifestyle to live in Punjab especially the pinds.You cannot clap from one hand.Living in lower standard of lifestyle is most difficult for humans and one of primary reason for suicide among farmers.Why will any NRI lower his standard

I don't think it is that hard to understand. Ultimately, our people have taken the notion of izzat to stupid lengths. By this, I mean they feel diminished and degraded if someone can show more financial strength than them. Thy feel they lose izzat without overt shows of wealth/status.

Underlying this is a complete lack of spiritual depth in our people. The type that will have people content with less in their life and take them out of materialistic competition with one another.

Whereas haughty, snobby insults in another culture may well lead to the recipient feeling bad, they will soon get over it. With the pendu brain, such an insult becomes unbearable to the point of them becoming desperate to avoid it and even suicidal if they can't. The notion of being content with what you have doesn't seem to exist with the 'aspiring' pendu. Most of the guys I speak to from back home aren't poor by Indian standards. They are usually from relatively prosperous and connected families who can afford to make all manner of dubious payments to get them here.

What is lacking is a greater, higher level, progressive thinking. We are so individualised as a community that we are stuck in a game of petty one-up-manship. What makes me laugh is that despite all of the skulduggery, our people aren't ever going to be as prosperous as some Russians, Arabs etc.

Most of all, it is sad to see. It is sad that we debase our community and any sense of morality/ethics pursuing these dreams. It's like an ugly, horrible streak that is just SO at odds with what Guru Nanak taught that it makes your heart sink.

You should try being a bit more 'nirvair'. lol

I agree that a lot of our people have taken the notion of izzat to stupid lengths, and people will do anything to save their izzat instead of using their brain!

Regarding the dushmani, I think we both know you don't like me because I'm black and a jatt! :(

I agree that a lot of our people have taken the notion of izzat to stupid lengths, and people will do anything to save their izzat instead of using their brain!

The izzat thing has become a liability now. It doesn't help us but hinders us in it's current form. It just seems to boil down to hypergamy today, nothing else. We need a better value system than one based on status and avoiding 'bitchy' comments from relatives and members of your pendu biradari, to the extreme of committing murder or suicide because of them.

Watch whitey focus on it to bash us and continue with the 'savage, backward, uncivilised, unevolved' narrative. The shame is that in this area at least, they may well be right......

Regarding the dushmani, I think we both know you don't like me because I'm black and a jatt! :(

Why didn't you tell me this before!! I can't believe I have been talking to you! I have to have a shower now!

<I'm joking before you start crying>

Why didn't you tell me this before!! I can't believe I have been talking to you! I have to have a shower now!

<I'm joking before you start crying>

While you're at it you might want to disinfect yourself too! :D

Btw I was also joking, I'm not a jatti, lol

Edited by G.Kaur

here is an interesting read from someone's blog

-------------------------------------------------------------------

http://mannbikram.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/paaji-bhenji-will-you-marry-me-another-long-post/

Paaji ā€“ bhenji .. will you Marry me ā€¦ (another long post)

Posted: May 16, 2011 by Bikram in never, People, Angry, indians, Soch, Age, Mankind, Shameless, Sad story, Cheaters, Abuse

Tags: UK, Visa, Scenarios, Marriages, SHAM..

DISCLAIMER:-This Article has some very nasty truths .. so please read it at your own risk.. Truth is always hard to digest. These are my thoughts or what i have seen and heard ..

After my last post on what happened with a girl I know, I have some further Shocking incidents to discuss here.

When I was studying in school as usual we had our female class mates with us, yes we had our crushes and emotions for a few of them in the school which is common , One of the girls in the class called me bhaiya or Veerji.. and that was it since that day onwards we have talked to each other as brother and sister, I am sure there are hundreds and thousands who have had that experience and do believe in the relation like that.

BUT nowadays a new situation is cropping up, which is quiet mind-blowing and shocking too, the hunger to come abroad, reach foreign shores is so bad in our country that people will do anything to get out, I know most of the people will say itā€™s not like that anymore. No one wants to come abroad the young generation is not looking to go abroad but to be blunt It is a myth. What all the so-called Educated, the future of the nation would do to come abroad.

Here area few scenarios..

1. A girl/boy takes an exam to get admission in a University or college in UK, they have been taking tuitions to pass this exam to get a good band, They pass it and then apply for a visa to come to this county.. Visa is again a lottery .. Lets suppose that ā€œAā€ gets the visa (I donā€™t know what type of visa etc) , but lets assume they get 3 or 4 years visa. Money has been spent on tuition, staying in a city for all that time, visa fees, visiting Delhi or whenever the consulate is .. all this adds up to a good amount, BUT mission accomplished got the Visaā€¦

The scheme starts now.. ā€œAā€ ā€˜s parents are now on a look out for a partner for their child, OH YES.. the reason being that since ā€œAā€ can come abroad he can apply for a visa for a dependant which can be a husband-wife-partner .. So the BOLI the Auction starts .. the highest bidder who can pay .. for all that money spent, plus the college fees to be given , the travel arrangements etc etc and a PROFIT on top of it is required, well you can well imagine how much money exchanges hands.. it goes in lakhs..

This is the new trend which has come up you want to come abroad find a person who has got a visa then apply as a partner and voila you can come to the foreign shores, we the indianā€™s are exploiting this rule to the fullest, sometimes to prove they are partners a sham marriage takes placeā€¦ Sham marriages is another big fiddle these days. In our society itā€™s still ok for a boy but the girls too donā€™t mind these days, they get the money , and then come here and have to live like partners here to ā€¦

This is becoming quiet common in south india and Punjab since most of the students who are coming are from these areasā€¦

2. This is Much more shocking a boy marries a girl from abroad or vice versa , come to the country stay for as long with their mutual partner , then I think its 2 years or maybe 5 years they apply for the citizenship , which they usually get because all these years they have been golden boys/girls in the family, suddenly when that Red passport comes in hand they change to their true colours .. Bang comes the papers to file for a divorce out of the blue.. next thing is they have a girl friend or boy friend back in india who now comes over as the new partner

Hold on One more scheme is there

3. If you have a relative settled abroad doesnā€™t matter who it is , if they have a permanent residency then ask them to divorce their partners , you have a sham marriage with them .. you can come abroad .. then off course you change partners again once all settles down .. a LOT of money exchanges hands this way ..

Situation is so bad that brothers and sisters are getting to this SHAM marriage ā€¦ when I started writing this article this is what i wanted to write on but itā€™s too disgusting .. Reading the above few scenarios I am sure you all are intelligent enough to know what i would have said .. YES there have been such cases, tooo. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT.. what people can do to come abroad , thatā€™s why I laugh sometimes when people say oh the young generation is not interested ā€¦ One needs to see the Ques at Delhi or other consulates.. We as indians have this habit of not seeing the reality and hushing up matters this is one of them..

Someone said to me its only a small number .. YES ITS A SMALL NUMBER BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY SO MANY APPLICATIONS THAT CAN BE PROCESSED IN A DAY AT THE CONSULATESā€¦ if it is open 24 hours the line will be longer ā€¦

I had an Indian passport with permanent residency, here when you apply for a british passport legally you are supposed to surrender your old passport .. I was offered 10 lakh plus rupees if I could sell my passport to a friend in Chennai, He was so desperate to come over. I mean how will the name BIKRAMJIT go with a south Indian face, no disrespect to him, but his answer was that its his problem, Me being an idiot surrendered my passport the day i got my british one, I should have kept it easy money that wasā€¦

The reason I brought this up I have a family friend here who are happily married and recently got their permanent stay here, Look how news travels and how the minds of people work, this was on 28th or 29th of April .. and last week someone approached me from India a friend of a friend of a friend ā€¦ ā€¦ that I should go and talk to this couple if they are interested in making some money and this was the idea.. 25 Lakh each

Me being me called this friend who had given my number and blasted him off , now I have lost a friend too.. I have not told the couple here lest they stop talking to me too, the best part is the person who phoned me is cousin of the girl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is some his comment

dont let me open my mouth on the RAAGIā€™s or granthiā€™s , they are the worst lot of them all, and in some case the ROOT CAUSE .. they are the ones who have come out with some ideas and what they do whe nthey reach here you will be schokced.

Imagine this is me going ot india, tthree Granthis, proper AmritDhaarā€™s , sitting with me .. as the flight took off .. they got up and changed to kurta pyjamas.. and come the drinks I asked for myself , I was with friends so i got up and moved to where they were sittng .. a few hours later i got up to go back to my seat .. these guys were Drinking , I wanted to SLAP them .. so i asked sarcastically ā€œKOI seva kariye , Babiyoā€

he replies ā€œBas ji hun taan dhan dhan hoi hai ā€œ..

Can you beleive this

I have a few more , maybe i will blog it , when i had to catch one of them .. Will let u know when i blog it ā€¦

Not jsut punjab, even from south there is a flood of people now ..

here is an interesting read from someone's blog

-------------------------------------------------------------------

http://mannbikram.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/paaji-bhenji-will-you-marry-me-another-long-post/

Paaji ā€“ bhenji .. will you Marry me ā€¦ (another long post)

Posted: May 16, 2011 by Bikram in never, People, Angry, indians, Soch, Age, Mankind, Shameless, Sad story, Cheaters, Abuse

Tags: UK, Visa, Scenarios, Marriages, SHAM..

DISCLAIMER:-This Article has some very nasty truths .. so please read it at your own risk.. Truth is always hard to digest. These are my thoughts or what i have seen and heard ..

After my last post on what happened with a girl I know, I have some further Shocking incidents to discuss here.

When I was studying in school as usual we had our female class mates with us, yes we had our crushes and emotions for a few of them in the school which is common , One of the girls in the class called me bhaiya or Veerji.. and that was it since that day onwards we have talked to each other as brother and sister, I am sure there are hundreds and thousands who have had that experience and do believe in the relation like that.

BUT nowadays a new situation is cropping up, which is quiet mind-blowing and shocking too, the hunger to come abroad, reach foreign shores is so bad in our country that people will do anything to get out, I know most of the people will say itā€™s not like that anymore. No one wants to come abroad the young generation is not looking to go abroad but to be blunt It is a myth. What all the so-called Educated, the future of the nation would do to come abroad.

Here area few scenarios..

1. A girl/boy takes an exam to get admission in a University or college in UK, they have been taking tuitions to pass this exam to get a good band, They pass it and then apply for a visa to come to this county.. Visa is again a lottery .. Lets suppose that ā€œAā€ gets the visa (I donā€™t know what type of visa etc) , but lets assume they get 3 or 4 years visa. Money has been spent on tuition, staying in a city for all that time, visa fees, visiting Delhi or whenever the consulate is .. all this adds up to a good amount, BUT mission accomplished got the Visaā€¦

The scheme starts now.. ā€œAā€ ā€˜s parents are now on a look out for a partner for their child, OH YES.. the reason being that since ā€œAā€ can come abroad he can apply for a visa for a dependant which can be a husband-wife-partner .. So the BOLI the Auction starts .. the highest bidder who can pay .. for all that money spent, plus the college fees to be given , the travel arrangements etc etc and a PROFIT on top of it is required, well you can well imagine how much money exchanges hands.. it goes in lakhs..

This is the new trend which has come up you want to come abroad find a person who has got a visa then apply as a partner and voila you can come to the foreign shores, we the indianā€™s are exploiting this rule to the fullest, sometimes to prove they are partners a sham marriage takes placeā€¦ Sham marriages is another big fiddle these days. In our society itā€™s still ok for a boy but the girls too donā€™t mind these days, they get the money , and then come here and have to live like partners here to ā€¦

This is becoming quiet common in south india and Punjab since most of the students who are coming are from these areasā€¦

2. This is Much more shocking a boy marries a girl from abroad or vice versa , come to the country stay for as long with their mutual partner , then I think its 2 years or maybe 5 years they apply for the citizenship , which they usually get because all these years they have been golden boys/girls in the family, suddenly when that Red passport comes in hand they change to their true colours .. Bang comes the papers to file for a divorce out of the blue.. next thing is they have a girl friend or boy friend back in india who now comes over as the new partner

Hold on One more scheme is there

3. If you have a relative settled abroad doesnā€™t matter who it is , if they have a permanent residency then ask them to divorce their partners , you have a sham marriage with them .. you can come abroad .. then off course you change partners again once all settles down .. a LOT of money exchanges hands this way ..

Situation is so bad that brothers and sisters are getting to this SHAM marriage ā€¦ when I started writing this article this is what i wanted to write on but itā€™s too disgusting .. Reading the above few scenarios I am sure you all are intelligent enough to know what i would have said .. YES there have been such cases, tooo. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT.. what people can do to come abroad , thatā€™s why I laugh sometimes when people say oh the young generation is not interested ā€¦ One needs to see the Ques at Delhi or other consulates.. We as indians have this habit of not seeing the reality and hushing up matters this is one of them..

Someone said to me its only a small number .. YES ITS A SMALL NUMBER BECAUSE THERE IS ONLY SO MANY APPLICATIONS THAT CAN BE PROCESSED IN A DAY AT THE CONSULATESā€¦ if it is open 24 hours the line will be longer ā€¦

I had an Indian passport with permanent residency, here when you apply for a british passport legally you are supposed to surrender your old passport .. I was offered 10 lakh plus rupees if I could sell my passport to a friend in Chennai, He was so desperate to come over. I mean how will the name BIKRAMJIT go with a south Indian face, no disrespect to him, but his answer was that its his problem, Me being an idiot surrendered my passport the day i got my british one, I should have kept it easy money that wasā€¦

The reason I brought this up I have a family friend here who are happily married and recently got their permanent stay here, Look how news travels and how the minds of people work, this was on 28th or 29th of April .. and last week someone approached me from India a friend of a friend of a friend ā€¦ ā€¦ that I should go and talk to this couple if they are interested in making some money and this was the idea.. 25 Lakh each

Me being me called this friend who had given my number and blasted him off , now I have lost a friend too.. I have not told the couple here lest they stop talking to me too, the best part is the person who phoned me is cousin of the girl.

Here is some his comment

dont let me open my mouth on the RAAGIā€™s or granthiā€™s , they are the worst lot of them all, and in some case the ROOT CAUSE .. they are the ones who have come out with some ideas and what they do whe nthey reach here you will be schokced.

Imagine this is me going ot india, tthree Granthis, proper AmritDhaarā€™s , sitting with me .. as the flight took off .. they got up and changed to kurta pyjamas.. and come the drinks I asked for myself , I was with friends so i got up and moved to where they were sittng .. a few hours later i got up to go back to my seat .. these guys were Drinking , I wanted to SLAP them .. so i asked sarcastically ā€œKOI seva kariye , Babiyoā€

he replies ā€œBas ji hun taan dhan dhan hoi hai ā€œ..

Can you beleive this

I have a few more , maybe i will blog it , when i had to catch one of them .. Will let u know when i blog it ā€¦

Not jsut punjab, even from south there is a flood of people now ..

Interesting read.

I've never heard about people in India who don't want to go abroad. Of all the people I've met in Punjab (family, door rishtedars, neighbours, friends etc.) 99,9% of them want to go abroad.

I'm sure all of you live in the West have got many rishte from people in India who have not even met you or know anything about you other than you live outside India! Sometimes I'm wondering if it says "visa to Europe" on my forehead, since people always approach when me when I go to India. It's pathetic!