Eggless Cakes

G.Kaur

• 2 weeks later...

Having seen a few cases of the old 'sugar' in my own and other Sikh families, I'm a bit paranoid of cakes these days......

(There, that'll bring the whole mood down....)

lol

Having said that, I used to just love any cake with almond in them...yummy!!

Another old favorite was gajerela or 'gajjar park' as my mum used to call it, for some strange reason (I never met another Sikh/Panjabi family who called it that?)

Having seen a few cases of the old 'sugar' in my own and other Sikh families, I'm a bit paranoid of cakes these days......

(There, that'll bring the whole mood down....)

lol

Having said that, I used to just love any cake with almond in them...yummy!!

Another old favorite was gajerela or 'gajjar park' as my mum used to call it, for some strange reason (I never met another Sikh/Panjabi family who called it that?)

Old sugar?

"chah-ch khand nahi pauni" lol.

ਚੱਜ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਆ

ਸੁਣਨੇ ਆ ਕਰ ਤੇਰੀ ਮਾ ਨੂੰ !

What are you saying dalsingh, I can't read Punjabi letters on this computer?

I said:

Chuj dee gal aa

Sunaya kar teri maa nu!

Chaj in ppanjabi is not spelt with a jajja "ਜ" but with a Jhajja "ਝ" Dal Singh Ji.

Thank you brother.

If I thought my spelling in English was bad, my spelling in Panjabi is infinitely worse! And we don't even have a spell checker to save us..... lol

.....hang on! I just checked the spelling with the "ਝ" in a few dictionaries and noting came up???

I must say though, the difference between "ਜ" and a "ਝ" seems infinitely minuscule.

Edited by dalsingh101

my kids and most of other canadian born kids seem to be unable to say letter ਝ. maybe due to too much exposure to english and not enough to punjabi. neither can they say ਭ, instead it is pronounced ਪ. ਭੰਗੜਾ is spoken ਪੰਗੜਾ, ਭਾਅਜੀ is spoken ਪਾਅਜੀ.

Chaj in ppanjabi is not spelt with a jajja "ਜ" but with a Jhajja "ਝ" Dal Singh Ji.

ਚੱਜ is mostly spelt ਚੱਜ and sometimes ਚੱਝ.