Colour?

Guest kaur1699

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

I was talking to someone today and it came up that the colour of clothing can have an effect on a person. That as one does more Bhagti and moves onto higher spiritual levels, that the person tends to move on to wearing more white.

I have never come across this concept/idea before and was wondering if anyone else has come across it or knows anything about it.

Does this explain why a number of Sants wear white?

doesnt make sense to me that a sant must wear a certain colour, or that as you move up you begin to wear white.

Im sure that colour can affect a person any their trail of thought but it's only a colour, it cant really control you because its all in the mind. For example, we see the colour and allow our mind to make a judgement, but what if we were blind... then colour has no effect.

Here is what Guru Granth sahib ji telling us about Colurs and everything...

Page 464

Wonderful is the wind, wonderful is the water. Wonderful is fire, which works wonders. Wonderful is the earth, wonderful the sources of creation. Wonderful are the tastes to which mortals are attached. Wonderful is union, and wonderful is separation. Wonderful is hunger, wonderful is satisfaction. Wonderful is His Praise, wonderful is His adoration. Wonderful is the wilderness, wonderful is the path. Wonderful is closeness, wonderful is distance. How wonderful to behold the Lord, ever-present here. Beholding His wonders, I am wonder-struck. O Nanak, those who understand this are blessed with perfect destiny. || 1 || FIRST MEHL: By His Power we see, by His Power we hear; by His Power we have fear, and the essence of happiness. By His Power the nether worlds exist, and the Akaashic ethers; by His Power the entire creation exists. By His Power the Vedas and the Puraanas exist, and the Holy Scriptures of the Jewish, Christian and Islamic religions. By His Power all deliberations exist. By His Power we eat, drink and dress; by His Power all love exists. By His Power come the species of all kinds and colors; by His Power the living beings of the world exist. By His Power virtues exist, and by His Power vices exist. By His Power come honor and dishonor. By His Power wind, water and fire exist; by His Power earth and dust exist. Everything is in Your Power, Lord; You are the all-powerful Creator. Your Name is the Holiest of the Holy. O Nanak, through the Command of His Will, He beholds and pervades the creation; He is absolutely unrivalled. || 2 || PAUREE: Enjoying his pleasures, one is reduced to a pile of ashes, and the soul passes away. He may be great, but when he dies, the chain is thrown around his neck, and he is led away. There, his good and bad deeds are added up; sitting there, his account is read. He is whipped, but finds no place of rest, and no one hears his cries of pain. The blind man has wasted his life away. || 3 || SHALOK, FIRST MEHL: In the Fear of God, the wind and breezes ever blow. In the Fear of God, thousands of rivers flow. In the Fear of God, fire is forced to labor. In the Fear of God, the earth is crushed under its burden. In the Fear of God, the clouds move across the sky. In the Fear of God, the Righteous Judge of Dharma stands at His Door. In the Fear of God, the sun shines, and in the Fear of God, the moon reflects. They travel millions of miles, endlessly. In the Fear of God, the Siddhas exist, as do the Buddhas, the demi-gods and Yogis. In the Fear of God, the Akaashic ethers are stretched across the sky. In the Fear of God, the warriors and the most powerful heroes exist. In the Fear of God, multitudes come and go. God has inscribed the Inscription of His Fear upon the heads of all. O Nanak, the Fearless Lord, the Formless Lord, the True Lord, is One. || 1 || FIRST MEHL: O Nanak, the Lord is fearless and formless; myriads of others, like Rama, are mere dust before Him. There are so many stories of Krishna, so many who reflect over the Vedas. So many beggars dance, spinning around to the beat. The magicians perform their magic in the market place, creating a false illusion.They sing as kings and queens, and speak of this and that. They wear earrings, and necklaces worth thousands of dollars. Those bodies on which they are worn, O Nanak, those bodies turn to ashes.

Guru Granth sahib clearly telling us that evertything exist by his power. So, howcome one color is bad and another one is good?

Any color you wear has nothing to do with good and bad as we know every color on this earth is coming from that almighty God.

I hope anwsered your questions.

ssa

more than anything else , i thnk white color denotes simplicity.spritual persons tend to lead a simple life , be it food , clothes or other things....

so they may not be doing so intentionally but because they are not looking to make a fashion statement they tend to dress up in simple clothes( large number of times white)

wjkk wjkf

yep....all dis has got a lot 2 do wid physcology..the way u feel whilst wearin particular colours, and the way ppl react 2 u wen u wear them.

for instance colours lyk red are very vibrant and make a person feel outgoing, and warm colours like oranges and yellows make a person feel kind, happy, ..the usual

so i do think colours do hav an effect on a person.

a lot of ppl don't realise that the colour of things around them effects things a lot. it was like this indian man once said about ppl in the West, that they wear too much dark-coloured clothes, unlike in india, and in india a lot of ppl, are more joyful and khushi, while in the west theres a lot less khushi. we don't even realise these colours half the time, just like we don't even think about breathing! But i think it does have an effect, and light coloured kapray, esp white/cream is good. it really does affect our moods, so if u think it might help u be more happy for doing paath, then wear lighter kapray, but im not saying its something written in Sikhi or anything, or that its absolutely vital!

If ur so absorbed with Naam, then u probably wouldn't even notice!

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE COLOR NEWAYZ & WHY?

Mines all shades of blues... from baby/sky blue through to dark/navy blue...

Why, I don't know, I've always liked the colour...

ps, Amans awwwww @ ur avatar!