Names

G.Kaur

My Name is Kanwardeep singh Means Prince lamp Lion.But my parents gave me shorter name too Dipu which is very common Indian/hindu name(Khalistani brigade will come after me)My name is so difficult to pronounce that that for first one minute with every call center waali I have to tell her what my name .They will say Kamal.Kamar karan and even amar haha.Now I have decided to trim my name to Just K,D singh no need to tell my full name

My Name is Kanwardeep singh Means Prince lamp Lion.But my parents gave me shorter name too Dipu which is very common Indian/hindu name(Khalistani brigade will come after me)My name is so difficult to pronounce that that for first one minute with every call center waali I have to tell her what my name .They will say Kamal.Kamar karan and even amar haha.Now I have decided to trim my name to Just K,D singh no need to tell my full name

surprisingly so many wrongly pronounce Kanwar. Most people actually pronounce the N in Kanwar not realizing that the N is suppose to be pronounced as nasal similar to how N is used in "Bhindranwala".

surprisingly so many wrongly pronounce Kanwar. Most people actually pronounce the N in Kanwar not realizing that the N is suppose to be pronounced as nasal similar to how N is used in "Bhindranwala".

I am now used it even in my Sikh school some kids have real problem with n ,they use to call me kamar

My name is Gurjeet. My youngest taiya wanted to call me Monika (pronounced Monkaaa in Punjabi ;) Thank God I didn't get that name. Then my family went to a Gurdwara in Ludhiana and the Granthi Jee took a Hukamnama. Gaga nikleya si and he suggested Gurmeet, but then my oldest taiya jee said I can't have the same name as him so he said Gurjeet. That's how I got my name.

My name is Gurjeet. My youngest taiya wanted to call me Monika (pronounced Monkaaa in Punjabi ;) Thank God I didn't get that name. Then my family went to a Gurdwara in Ludhiana and the Granthi Jee took a Hukamnama. Gaga nikleya si and he suggested Gurmeet, but then my oldest taiya jee said I can't have the same name as him so he said Gurjeet. That's how I got my name.

Do your parents also call you Gurjeet at home or you have some other funny name which you don't want to tell

Hello,

My name is Barinderpal..To this day, I still don't know what my name means..One of my good freind told me what it means but i forgot...lol...i might have to ask him again and write it down this time around.