Social Influence

kdsingh80

Urbanites have much more access to Television Infact cable Tv revolution started in Urban India in early 90s

while Cable Tv reached pinds in around 2000

Is there any solid proof That GOI distribute drugs or liquor? I am sure they did when Kharkoo movement was

going on but why after the Kharkoo movement they do?

tv is no doubt one of many factors. westernisation, combined with an increase in disposable income, and probably other factors ... I have long felt that tv panders to the lowest common denominator, over time that denominator becomes even lower, and tv continues to pander. Aristotle once opposed plays that provided comedic entertainment solely for the sake of entertainment (and not for the purpose of instruction) for this reason - it lowers peoples' buddhi.

Is there any solid proof That GOI distribute drugs or liquor? I am sure they did when Kharkoo movement was

a cop interviewed in a newspaper article said that politicans would order drug dealer prisoners released and so the police would have no choice but to release them. if i remembered which newspaper the article appeared in i'd reference it.

I am sorry but all the above logic is applicable on teenagers or adult no one has mentioned why young boys are without hair in Punjab ?

the indian govt. tried to eliminate the Sikhs as a threat once and for all. After such a long and determined resistance movement, why would the government cease its efforts just b/c the movement was defeated ? why would the government give them breathing room to reorganise when they know that many sikhs, at home and abroad, still harbour resentment?

It wasn't just operation bluestar that sikhs dealt with, it was also operation woodrose (the systematic elimination of ALL male keshdharies in targetted villages of a certain age), operation shuddi karan (systematic rape of sikh women so that they wouldn't have "terrorist" babies), and other operations. Sant Jarnail Singh and his men were only at the Golden Temple complex, so why would they attack dozens of other gurdwaras at the same time ?? All these efforts were bent on crushing the Sikhs, grinding them down so completely and totally that they could never again pose any threat to India. To do that it is not enough to defeat a people militarily, you must make a people forget who they are.

My country has the highest rate of teen drinking in Europe. What's the worst, teenage pregnancies or teenage sharabi's?

Pregnancies. but Punjab and Haryana both have some of the highest abortion rates in India, especially when it comes to female fetuses.

a cop interviewed in a newspaper article said that politicans would order drug dealer prisoners released and so the police would have no choice but to release them. if i remembered which newspaper the article appeared in i'd reference it.

Politicians in India have connections with criminals and they always ask police to leave them That does not proove that GOI is still distributing free drugs .It happens in all over India.

the indian govt. tried to eliminate the Sikhs as a threat once and for all. After such a long and determined resistance movement, why would the government cease its efforts just b/c the movement was defeated ? why would the government give them breathing room to reorganise when they know that many sikhs, at home and abroad, still harbour resentment?

It wasn't just operation bluestar that sikhs dealt with, it was also operation woodrose (the systematic elimination of ALL male keshdharies in targetted villages of a certain age), operation shuddi karan (systematic rape of sikh women so that they wouldn't have "terrorist" babies), and other operations. Sant Jarnail Singh and his men were only at the Golden Temple complex, so why would they attack dozens of other gurdwaras at the same time ?? All these efforts were bent on crushing the Sikhs, grinding them down so completely and totally that they could never again pose any threat to India. To do that it is not enough to defeat a people militarily, you must make a people forget who they are.

I am not denying what happened in 80s.I am sure all methods were used to crush Sikhs at that time,but time has changed and even Sikhs has changed.Why will GOI

Still keep distributing free drugs is beyond my understanding when they are already facing 100s of problems in several parts of India.Why they don't distribute them in Naxal area's ,in Kashmir? Why they are still after Sikhs of Punjab which are dieing to leave India and earn $ for them.

I am sorry but present blaming of GOI is just because we want a scape goat nd boost our ego that someone is still behind us

The drug argument is weak. If anything, it's close proximity of Paks and their closeness with Afghanistan that floods Panjab with smack. But the reasons for mass taking seems to suggest either mass demoralisation or mass stupidity on part of Sikh youth.

Lets be real, Panjabis from Sikh backgrounds love to nasha. They don't need much encouragement in the matter especially booze.

Tying this back to the OP, I think Sikh men are under pressure to drink in the culture myself. It sort of goes with macho Panjabi culture.

Politicians in India have connections with criminals and they always ask police to leave them That does not proove that GOI is still distributing free drugs .It happens in all over India.

I am not denying what happened in 80s.I am sure all methods were used to crush Sikhs at that time,but time has changed and even Sikhs has changed.Why will GOI

Still keep distributing free drugs is beyond my understanding when they are already facing 100s of problems in several parts of India.Why they don't distribute them in Naxal area's ,in Kashmir? Why they are still after Sikhs of Punjab which are dieing to leave India and earn $ for them.

I am sorry but present blaming of GOI is just because we want a scape goat nd boost our ego that someone is still behind us

i never said it was goi. and i never said that they were distributed for free. oft times, when there is a pressing social problem, governments will use half assed solutions b/c they don't want the problem to be fixed.

if the govt really did think of sikhs as full, normal proper citizens now, then why do they go to such lengths to defame us in western countries?

Xylitol, yes it's very sad. Have you seen a movie called "a nation without women"? It's a very interesting movie about what could happen in India if people keep continuing killing their baby girls.

You can read about the movie on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrubhoomi

Dal, I also think many women in Punjab are under the pressure of plucking their eyebrows, wearing expensive jewellery, clothes, giving dowry to your in-laws etc. so that people won't talk about them.

My cousin did not pluck her eyebrows till she got married, and when I asked her why she started doing it, she said "my mother-in-law told me "soni banke reheya kar". If you don't pluck your eyebrows people think you are unfashionable, LOL.

i never said that they were distributed for free. oft times, when there is a pressing social problem, governments will use half assed solutions b/c they don't want the problem to be fixed.

Well I guess it is the Punjab govt which has to tackle this problem and not the center.People of Punjab elect government they can elect Akali dal (Badal) or any other sikh party which they think is good for them.If they are electing bad politicians then it is their fault.

if the govt really did think of sikhs as full, normal proper citizens now, then why do they go to such lengths to defame us in western countries?

I don't know what they trying to defame sikhs in west but one thing I know is that you cannot clap of from one hand,If Indian Govt is defaming Sikhs in west then Sikhs in west too try their level best to defame India.

Almost all the sikh sites that are operated from west try their level best to attack India and mock Hindu's ,

recently Sikhchic published anti swami Ramdev article .

I never understand what is the obsession of Sikhs in west with anti India and anti Hinduism.I have hardly seen any anti china article on any Sikh site

Dal, I also think many women in Punjab are under the pressure of plucking their eyebrows, wearing expensive jewellery, clothes, giving dowry to your in-laws etc. so that people won't talk about them.

It is not Punjab but the entire Indian women Girls are under pressure to look good and westernised.One of the reason why urban girls of Delhi ,mumbai have abandoned

salwar kameez is to shun their uncool image .The Girls that used to wear Salwaar kameez and keep braided hair were called behen ji's which is now considered derogatory word for young girls.Infact it is the girls that use these words against the other girls .

From inside heart Indians just worship Europeans and wanted to be like them

Xylitol, yes it's very sad. Have you seen a movie called "a nation without women"? It's a very interesting movie about what could happen in India if people keep continuing killing their baby girls.

You can read about the movie on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matrubhoomi

Punjab has already shown remarkable improvement in CSR from 798 to 850 so i guess that type of situation cannot occur in Punjab

where does fashion come from? how are ideas on what's fasionable and what's not disseminated? tv is the main purveyer of these ideas, tv is also the main purveyer of subtle notions of european american superiority to other cultures.

I recall an indian friend went to china to learn mandarin for a summer. He said that he was often ignored and received the worst service while his white friend received the best service. people basically fawned over his white friend.

another friend (vietnamese) went to japan to teach english. She told me that the japanese look down on others who aren't white or japanese.

where does fashion come from? how are ideas on what's fasionable and what's not disseminated? tv is the main purveyer of these ideas, tv is also the main purveyer of subtle notions of european american superiority to other cultures.

I recall an indian friend went to china to learn mandarin for a summer. He said that he was often ignored and received the worst service while his white friend received the best service. people basically fawned over his white friend.

another friend (vietnamese) went to japan to teach english. She told me that the japanese look down on others who aren't white or japanese.

Tv is recent phenomina in developing countries .upto early 90s we have only state controlled Television that used to telecast serials for barely 1-2 hours a day .In early 90s Cable revolution started .The concept of Dating was even their in India as early in 50s and 60 but only among rich urban Indians .

China also started its reform in 79 so I am sure Tv came into quite late.

The reality is the liberal rich lifestyle of west attract a lot of people,Do whatever you want ,no need of families ,no need to take care of parents ,lots of electronic gadgets ,big cars ,no restrictions .

Almost all the journalists all over the world promoted this lifestyle ,chase your dreams blah, blah.Is it any wonder people worship europeans

It's power that they are worshiping (whether they recognise it or not). That is one thing that whitey is always trying to project. On the other hand people like ours end up looking like either 1) sycophant lesser species who are incapable of uniting amongst themselves or 2) dirty hapless poverty stricken folk or 3) useful fools or more likely 4) a mixture of 1 & 2 & 3

The overall effect of the impression is one of diminished importance hence 'we gets no respect' when we go out there. If we are pretty indifferent to how we treat each other, outsiders take unspoken cues as to our worth.

Similarly, in 1978, there was less than one television receiver per 100 people, and fewer than ten million Chinese had access to a television set (in 2003 there were about 35 TVs for every 100 people, and roughly a billion Chinese had access to television); expansion and modernization of the broadcasting systems continued throughout the late-1970s and early 1980s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_in_the_People's_Republic_of_China#1980s