Clamp Down At Gurdwara

On 7/6/2011 at 10:36 AM, ipledgeblue said:

Didn't Guru ji used to make people eat langar before giving them the chance to have his darshan? (eg Guru ji and Emperor Akbar)

Yes, I think this was at Second Guru's time. Is it still acceptable to do so? 

I never have done unless I matha tek first 

@dalsingh101 around 15 years ago I heard one of the E London Gurdware (Neville Rd or Rosemary Ave) felt too many non Sikhs were coming regularly for Langar only they put some restriction.

Shortly later, there was some infestation of worms or something which ruined much of their food stores; someone said this was a divine punishment  to the Gurdwara!

3 hours ago, Premi said:

@dalsingh101 around 15 years ago I heard one of the E London Gurdware (Neville Rd or Rosemary Ave) felt too many non Sikhs were coming regularly for Langar only they put some restriction.

Shortly later, there was some infestation of worms or something which ruined much of their food stores; someone said this was a divine punishment  to the Gurdwara!

Thats interesting veer ji as this week dass went to Barking Gurdwara and they were loads of non Sikhs who came in for langar without doing matha tek first.

But yeah Neville road Gurdwara dass has stopped going to there for the last 5 years now due to a horrible incident i had with langar lets just say.

3 hours ago, Premi said:

I haven't heard this but I know that some guys in Singh Sabha Goodmayes who were running the gym would tell guys to matha tekh before starting training (to show respect) because I think peeps were just going straight to the gym  and leaving without matha tekhing.

I know at Roseberry Ave, we had issues of gairSikhs (mainly muslims) coming in and having langar without matha tekhing and there was issues with this. I remember one pardaan getting vexed and making one sullah matha tekh. It's telling about these people because there are literally like 25 mosques in the same vicinity but they come to a Gurdwara to get free food.........

Plus it was different in one of the small Gurdwaras I grew up around. There was no 'round the clock' langar, and it used to get served at one go in the evening after all the diwan was finished. But that was when I was a kid.      

^^^

The incident I'm talking about above was the one in the OP! lol

On 6/24/2011 at 1:42 AM, laalsingh said:

That is good question, is langar for everybody or just sikhs and people who respect sikhs?

I think It is should be for every hungry one. Let them keep hating and eat langar. How long can they do it?

Forever by the looks of it.