What Is Pati Bartha Dharm?

I hear this in katha sometimes that a women was pati bartha dharm i think it means somthing like she had full faith in her husband. Also, there is the sakhi when Guru Arjan Sahib Ji was digging the sarover and a women came from i think kabul everyday because she was pati bartha dharm. Can someone tell me what this has to do with Siki.

pati = husband

barth/varth = fasting

dharam = duty

basically its about in india how women take a fast for their husbands health.

In this excample of Guru Arjan Dev Ji, there was a woman who was fastidious in her obedience to her husband, and she by kirpa of Guru Ji, used to arrive at Amritsar from Kabul in seconds and go back each night. She used to push her arms in the air, and the Sikhs said to Guru Jiwhat is that woman doing? Maharaj said she is rocking the pangoora in which her child lies in Kabul to get it to sleep.

Amazing.

Edited by chatanga1

pati = husband

barth/varth = fasting

dharam = duty

basically its about in india how women take a fast for their husbands health.

In this excample of Guru Arjan Dev Ji, there was a woman who was fastidious in her obedience to her husband, and she by kirpa of Guru Ji, used to arrive at Amritsar from Kabul in seconds and go back each night. She used to push her arms in the air, and the Sikhs said to Guru Jiwhat is that woman doing? Maharaj said she is rocking the pangoora in which her child lies in Kabul to get it to sleep.

Amazing.

But what does that have to do with Sikhi and why does only the women fasts for her husband.

PatiBartha Dharm is the Dharm of the ideal Indian woman who is faithful and obedient to her husband. The reason it is mentioned when talking about good Sikh women is because this is traditionally considered a praiseworthy quality for a woman to have. But due to western/feminist influence these types of traditional qualities are no longer considered sought after. Patibartha Dharm along with Sharam, chastity and modesty were considered not only good qualities amongst Sikh women but amongst all Indian women.