All Babies Are Atheists!

unbreakable

all babies are illiterate and cant even count, either.

Plus they are dumb.....so what is her point? That we should remain in the same intelectual/spiritual state as we were when born?

Also hows about the idea that foetuses spend 9 months in the mothers womb doing Katthan tapasya asking god to release them from the pain of living in the womb, and promising that they will remember the lord in gratitude after taking birth.

all babies are illiterate and cant even count, either.

Plus they are dumb.....so what is her point? That we should remain in the same intelectual/spiritual state as we were when born?

Also hows about the idea that foetuses spend 9 months in the mothers womb doing Katthan tapasya asking god to release them from the pain of living in the womb, and promising that they will remember the lord in gratitude after taking birth.

I understand what you are saying, infact I also understand her point too.

About Katthan Tapasya, please provide some proof?, thats what people will say.

But it is a interesting point to make, akin to what some people say "everyone is born a sikh".

About Katthan Tapasya, please provide some proof?, thats what people will say.

But it is a interesting point to make, akin to what some people say "everyone is born a sikh".

I cant give any proof...Its been such a long time since I was in the womb, i've forgotten everything that I said/did.

However , this is what I've been told by preachers in gurdwaras.

'everyone is born a sikh' ;first time I've heard of this. But I have heard that 'everyone is born a MUSLIM, but changes afterwards'. Hence the term 'reverting' back to islam!

Another thing is that I believe we as humans have a natural tendency to want to feel that there is a greater being than us, ie God/ Mother Nature etc. Initially this may be in the form of our parents who we think as unfallible and always right but then it evolves into something more supernatural.

In other words I believe that all Humans are born Theists, inc babies ( but they just cannot communicate it). Only later when we become educated and start using reason and logic and our experiences do we start denying God.

the word god invokes a different concept in different peoples' minds, everyone has a different idea of what god is. those who *know* god can only explain god to those who do not know by using the idea of god, the concept of god. the knowing of god exists at birth, but the intellectual concept of god, as we understand it, is taught to us by the world.

I cant give any proof...Its been such a long time since I was in the womb, i've forgotten everything that I said/did.

However , this is what I've been told by preachers in gurdwaras.

'everyone is born a sikh' ;first time I've heard of this. But I have heard that 'everyone is born a MUSLIM, but changes afterwards'. Hence the term 'reverting' back to islam!

Another thing is that I believe we as humans have a natural tendency to want to feel that there is a greater being than us, ie God/ Mother Nature etc. Initially this may be in the form of our parents who we think as unfallible and always right but then it evolves into something more supernatural.

In other words I believe that all Humans are born Theists, inc babies ( but they just cannot communicate it). Only later when we become educated and start using reason and logic and our experiences do we start denying God.

I love the smart comments on this forum. (highlighted in bold)

Everybody is born a Sikh - Can't remember where I heard or read that, I am sure somebody knows who coined that. Well whoever said this, said it because, we as Sikhs, don't alter our natural bodies in anyway, well thats the idea anyway. For example, no cutting of the hair, no circumcision, piercings, etc.

I have heard of the Muslim saying "everybody is a muslim when they are born" on youtube and from muslims. Hindus say that everybody on the planet was a hindu first, well I'll correct myself, Sanatan Hindu Dharam....

This statement has less to do with Human Nature and more to do with conversion or reversion arguments.

As for Humans having a natural tendancy towards something bigger than themselves, i.e. your assertion of them being Theiests, I don't agree with that at all, because this has not been proven.

To actually know, we must first explore Human Nature (not Human Behaviour), we must, lets say have a bunch of babies, isolate them from the known world and everything in it and see how they develop. I think thats abit extreme. We could have a controlled environment, where children are not taught about god at all, they only have language skills, speaking, reading, writing, etc....Then we can ask them, "do you feel anything"....

People who believe in God will always say certain things to support that belief in God, same goes for everybody else, I guess..

I think there were experiments done on children by one of the mughal kings to see what the language of god was.

the word god invokes a different concept in different peoples' minds, everyone has a different idea of what god is. those who *know* god can only explain god to those who do not know by using the idea of god, the concept of god. the knowing of god exists at birth, but the intellectual concept of god, as we understand it, is taught to us by the world.

I agree, the word God does invoke a different type of image of God in christians than in Sikhs, or Hindus, etc.

I remember that Suleman tape, where that ghost said, whoever has met God can help you meet God.

What does Gurbani say about this? and other scriptures from other faiths?