Dreams/Purpose?

• 1 month later...

i once talked 2 an elder person at a sikh youth camp who deeply believed that when one dreamt they became one with god...that is why it feels good to sleep...and why you don't like to be waken up when you are asleep...but it was too far over my head lol im not that knowledgeable about sikhi yet...hopin i will get there tho :)

Chardi Kala!

~SYM

Guest Javanmard

Well there are loads of different types of dreams, but regarding the dreams you are referring I can confirm that from my own experience the more you practice simran and meditation your dreams start acquiring new qualities. They actually help you a lot in understanding yourslef or possible problems in your inner life. Always be open to dreams, they're very very informative. There is also lucid dreaming which is really fascinaing. MY brother has done it for quite some time and it's amazing what you can achieve with it. :D

Well there are loads of different types of dreams, but regarding the dreams you are referring I can confirm that from my own experience the more you practice simran and meditation your dreams start acquiring new qualities. They actually help you a lot in understanding yourslef or possible problems in your inner life. Always be open to dreams, they're very very informative. There is also lucid dreaming which is really fascinaing. MY brother has done it for quite some time and it's amazing what you can achieve with it. :D

Do Naam Simran in dreams/sleeping, maybe you will experience bliss, but be careful of illusions (Maya-jaal) like seeing your life flash before your eyes, this is an obstacle, ignore it.I speak from experience :D

From a Freudian perspective, dreams are a means for individuals to express the inexpressable or the morally unacceptable (as defined by the superego).

I'd imagine that those who repress all their desires and who don't give the psyche chance to express and release those desires will be negatively affected by them.

Perhaps the reason why increasing naam simran will change the nature of your dreams is perhaps because when you increase naam simran, you also make efforts to live and think in a morally acceptable way, thus calming your desire-drven id. Therefore, less repressed desires to have to work through.

Thats using Freudian theory anyway.

a way to remember you dreams is to set an alarm 2hrs b4 you usually wake up. then go back to sleep

haha i rememba once i set the alarm to wake up and when it went on i thought it was the alarm in my dream goin off....hahaha

:stupid: :mrgreen: hehehe

so yea i realized that it wasnt cuz i got up late :!: