Having Munmukh friends...

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI Ki FATEH!!!!!!!

hey,

is it ok to have munmukh friends? i mean im in school, how can i not be friends with them?

i hear when u take amrit the punj payarai tell u not to associate with manmukhs. how is this possible in school? i know i shouldnt associate with ppl dat do wrong thinks like smoke and do drugs like dat. but is it possible if we live in a western country?

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA

WAHEGURU JI Ki FATEH!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

I was recently at a Gurmat Camp and one of the Phaji's there said that Sangat is very important. He said it as he was talking to a young Singh who was seriously starting to think about Sikhi. Now, if it was wrong for people to have manmukh friends, then how will people who want to come come into more Sangat get Sangat? All the Sangat would be running away from them as they are 'Manmukhs'. That can't be right can it?

I have to say that the way I came 'into' Sikhi was through interacting with other Sikhs, if they had turned away from me then I don't know if I would be where I am today...

everyone starts off as a manmukh - with wahegurus kirpa we can take the step to becomin gurmukhs... with the sangat of gurmukhs we can leave our man behind.... guru nanak dev ji maahraj sat with all types of people.. they were all manmukhs...

i think the real teaching behind that is.... dont assosiate yourself with poeple who dismiss your beliefs.. people who are total unbelievers - people who cannot understand why ur so into sikhi

omg i wos sooo rong..i went 2 sikh student camp..with loadsa moneys...and gursikhs and manmukhs of all different levels..it wos amaazin...no one brought any1 down, everyone encouraged each other to become better sikhs...the money in sum respects were more greatful for all this knowledge..and this chance to lern more bout sikhi...and so they wanted 2 learn more..the gursikhs also gained these qualities from them...

it wos amazin man,....so imspirational :cry: ..i neva wanted 2 leave

be friends with them from outside.. i mean say hello, bye, stuff like that.. but from the inside keep no association with them.

If you meant association as in attachment then its acceptable. But if you meant association as they were like an bad disease then you need something to deflate your ego. Youths of today need pyaar from their fellow sikh brothers instead of ahankar of rejecting them :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

very true neo.... most of my friends are moneh... they never go gurdwara ... and hardly know nutin about sikhi... they drink - smoke - n do drugs :shock: these people i grew up with and i never let them effect me - even b4 i got into sikhi i never let them influence me.. now even tho ill hang about with em now and again i dont shun them or think im any better... they are in their own place im in my own