Living In A Brown Family - 3.5

dalsingh101

AK had a point but made it in a harsh way.

That fat kid in the vid was making a complete fudu of himself. We already have a problem with Sikhs appearing like buffoons in Bollywood movies, why we need to make vids like that ourselves too. Kid or no kid, someone had to make the point at some stage. lol

Jus Reign should reign in the way he is encouraging young apnay to act like clowns. We have too much of that as it is. lol

That is true Jusreign is clownish lol.

I wouldn't worry about bollywood movies anymore. I think their recent work has largely been an improvement. I am quite satisfied with it. That episode is over.

As for kids being clowns it's all about being creative lol. Our young munde are going to do all sorts of shit. That's how munde are. Its man's creative impulse that takes various forms. Everything we see around us today is from the same creative impulse as that fat kid. Believe it or not! ;)

Anyways, what you think of this video:

As for kids being clowns it's all about being creative lol. Our young munde are going to do all sorts of shit. That's how munde are. Its man's creative impulse that takes various forms. Everything we see around us today is from the same creative impulse as that fat kid. Believe it or not! ;)

I hear what you are saying but WE ARE having a serious image crisis in the world. And if we don't mould and shape our youth to act in a manly fashion (especially keshdharis) it only adds to the problem of females not taking them seriously, which hordes of keshdharis complain about!

How about a bit of masculinity, decorum and sophistication for a change my Panjabi brothers?

Then people have the nerve to wonder why apneean run off with the flanaahs and timkaahs of the world.....

Behold.

Anyways, what you think of this video:

Watched the clip in AK's video, can't be bothered to watch more, what I saw there was more than enough for me.......

Put it this way, the kid looks like he wants some butch pendu to drag him into some dark alley and.....you know.......bend him over....kinda thing. I see skinny jeans have reached the pend!

As for the uncle....I mean WTF! But truth be told its not surprising is it.

Our lot are behsharam.

Lol

Sure public image does guide one's prejudice but ultimately if you meet someone who doesn't fit within that image then that's all that matters. I think what we need to do is teach apne on method of courtship, how to interact with a woman, how to approach, how to behave, how to demonstrate masculinity.

If you ever read Kaam Sutra, they taught about this back in our culture. It's all about how to get a wife and how to make love.

And in the same manner. I think apneean also need to be taught how to behave towards our men, and how to approach, interact, and demonstrate their femininity. It's not just our munde who don't know shit, our kureean don't know shit either.

The video of the boy and drunk uncle was actually all set up.There is this Indian movie from I think the seventies and they did the whole dance exactly from the movie including the uncle.

So what are you trying to say? That apnay don't do that type of shite regularly and that we are being defamed in some conspiracy?

I'm saying that the video quite accurately portrays problems we have in the community.

Singhs who are more effeminate than a Singhni, and drunk arse uncle jis with no decorum.

Again, your denial of this ugly truth just makes it more difficult to stamp out.

Dally apne don't dance like a nagin regularly. OK! calm down lol. This is just one kid and his way of being. It does not represent anyone else.

One thing's for sure, he is a solid dancer (that shit is harder than it looks!!!), and very confident about his dance decisions.

On the other hand, the drunk uncle being a drunk uncle. That's common lol. Very easy to do as well.

Dally apne don't dance like a nagin regularly. OK! calm down lol. This is just one kid and his way of being. It does not represent anyone else.

One thing's for sure, he is a solid dancer (that shit is harder than it looks!!!), and very confident about his dance decisions.

You're missing my point. It's about certain Sikh males behaving like b1tches.

lol

Thing with the 'drunk unks' is that they always liven up a party with their shenanigans.......

Tamasha vekho!

Thing with the 'drunk unks' is that they always liven up a party with their shenanigans.......

Sat bachan lol

I would say it's not that one is drunk that they liven things up. It is that one has lost their inhibitions and conditioning, and their true self is shining through. This can be done through meditation as well, in trance state. The difference is that in the latter you are supra-conscious. (It's also much harder to do)

The boy is doing just this. He is one with his dance, he is mast. There is enormous amount of energy coming off of his state. His true self is shining through, and without the use of any intoxicants. And that in itself I find very impressive.

Edited by BhagatSingh

The boy is doing just this. He is one with his dance, he is mast. There is enormous amount of energy coming off of his state. His true self is shining through, and without the use of any intoxicants. And that in itself I find very impressive.

in England they have a word to describe what he's doing:

'Gay'

The crux of the matter is this:

We are living in globalised times. This new 'closeness' means that cultural norms become challenged by one another. We Sikhs are facing a lot of issues globally right now. Sikh men with keshas especially; we all know this. But truth be told, there are general issues with brown people out there right now, kesh or no kesh. We have to confront this.

The new closeness I referred to earlier will mean that societal norms will become challenged across cultures.

My personal feelings are that we DO NOT want to encourage anything that is perceived as emasculated, especially in this climate. I saw some idiot keshdhari walking down Oxford Street in London holding his teenaged keshdhari son's hand like the boy was a 3 year old a few years ago. Half the street was laughing at them or shaking their heads in disgust. Imagery like that sticks in people's minds. We already have an image problem - why add to it?

And I'm not saying go overboard. I still give my nephews and close friends a hug when we meet or depart. But there are limits and I'd say walking around holding hands like a pair of bum boys is one of them.

Plus have a think about how diasporic apneean will react to such 'strange' (in their eyes) behaviour........

Anyway, check out the beginning of this vid, it really parodies the homo-erotic stuff we are talking about well:

My personal feelings are that we DO NOT want to encourage anything that is perceived as emasculated, especially in this climate.

Dally I think you are being way too sensitive about our image. While I agree that you don't need to do anything more than what you find in your culture, you have to let our people be our people.

In our age of globalisation, we also have a lot to say about certain norms and I think we should empower our own voice and say it, rather than let it be stifled by fear of image.

I hear what you are saying, you don't want to be dictated too much by outside forces to our detriment but, given globalised realities and genuine problems of Sikh males (and consequently Sikh females) becoming targets due to emasculation we need to combat this. This slide isn't anything new as Giani Gian Singh explicitly mentions the loss of warrior abilities and mentality amongst Sikhs a century ago. In a world where comparisons do take place between communities - let's not end up looking like he-bitches.

Canada probably has the most friendly reception for Sikhs in the western world today and you shouldn't let that cloud your perception of more global realities, consider the daily realities of many Afghan, Pak, US Sikhs. Even in the UK, it's got to the point that certain sullay feel emboldened enough to walk into nagar kirtans dressed as Sikhs to pluck some dimwitted apneean for sexual abuse - this frequent victimhood says a lot about the state of many our bundhay today in relation to others.

We ARE having issues regarding 'murdhi' amongst our own. We need to make it an issue that we resolve as quickly as possible for obvious reasons. Not least of all - appearing like a bunch of paper tigers with warrior pretensions.

Edited by dalsingh101

While I agree that there is work to be done on how we demonstrate masculinity, I don't think this masculinity is mutually exclusive to nagin dance or hand holding. These things can actually be leveraged to demonstrate distinct character and utter lack of giving a f***! But I digress. I think warrior mentality does foster masculinity. But I don't think warrior mentality is needed for masculinity. They are certainly related to masculine traits but they are not exactly the same. Consider the idea that "man is strong". This can be demonstrated simply through upright posture and deep, relaxed breathing. One does not need to wear shastar or use them to demonstrate it.

And you haven't acknowledged that our females need lessons on femininity. Do you not consider that an issue?

Ps What's murdhi?

Edited by BhagatSingh

• 4 years later...
On 11/8/2013 at 2:18 PM, Singh123456777 said:

The video of the boy and drunk uncle was actually all set up.There is this Indian movie from I think the seventies and they did the whole dance exactly from the movie including the uncle.

Veer ji the movie is nagina 1986 with rishi kapoor and sridevi. I remember as i have seen that movie with the song main tera dushman which is what they are dancing to in the video. 

The 70s movie was nagin with sunil dutt which had a very good soundtrack.