Astral Projection?

is this doable or just bs? has anybody here done this before if so how long did it take and what method was used

what are the sangats thoughts on using substances like dmt and the people who use them to assist in accomplishing this

First things first, there's a good book on it called "Journeys out of the Body" by Robert Monroe. Check it out. I absolutely loved it!

Second, you don't need to take substances. Just practice meditation. Try to relax your body as much as possible. There are no downsides or negative side-effects to relaxing as there can be with substances.

Thirdly, I have been trying to do it for about two weeks. I can relax my body immensely and feel floaty, and it even feels like my limbs (mostly hands) are popping out of their physical shell. But I haven't been able to pull myself completely out of the body. It just goes to show how attached we are to our bodies. My moh for my deh is holding me back it seems.

Edited by BhagatSingh

I think it can be doable as well. I don't think it's all bs, although some of the stories you hear may well be.

Funny you mention DMT, because i also mentioned this a few weeks ago with reference to it coming from the pineal gland and contributing to sweet saliva taste !

The again, we have to remember that our bodies can make very small amounts of most chemicals within our bodies quite naturally.

You don't need to be using any substances but meditation alone can get you there.

Anyway, this astral travel has been spoken about since egyptian times and there are sakhis of our Guruji's being able to do it at will as well.

I am one of the few who has no doubts about it.

You can go in two different directions with these things just like the other ridhi sidhis that can come with deep meditation.

You may either use them to feed your Maya and ego, or you may use them to find and get closer to God.

I don't think as sikhs, we need to be reminded what guruji would want us to do ??

One of the major difficulties is trying to astral project at your own will, but then again you have to ask yourself what your real intentions are.

Astral projection comes in initial/preliminary stages of panj koshas/gyan meditation, its related to body/ mind/intellect sheat It's just mental concept infront of bigger aim which is realizing the self which is beyond panj koshas (five sheats).

Astral projection comes in initial/preliminary stages of panj koshas/gyan meditation, its related to body/ mind/intellect sheat It's just mental concept infront of bigger aim which is realizing the self which is beyond panj koshas (five sheats).

any more information on the panj koshas bro?

One of the major difficulties is trying to astral project at your own will, but then again you have to ask yourself what your real intentions are.

This one of the strangest things. Our intentions are often not very clear. They are all fogged up. Often we don't really want what we think we want ie we want something but in actuality we want something else. And Intention is probably the most important thing to work on when doing these kinds of things. Developing a clear mind, and a clear set of intentions.

sounds like dreams, hallucinations and other sleep disorders- loads of sleep disorders (sleep paralysis) exist where you have an out of body experience- get a comfy mattress things should sort out themselves

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/03/070305202657.htm

Edited by JatherdarSahib