My Sister Set Herself On Fire

G.Kaur

There are other bits to her story that they like to keep quiet. Like the fact that she did find a Sikh guy that adored her, and ran away with him to make a new life; but then proceeded to shag about on him.

That doesn't justify what happened to her sister though.

Thing is, today, a lot of apnay have a lot of say in their partners; unlike the days she speaks of. She seems to be oblivious to this or purposefully ignoring it?

She seems to be oblivious to this or purposefully ignoring it?

I was arguing with this idiot Mona guy and he was completely oblivious to what was happening.He was like back in the day in the 80s when I went to school all the kids who had jooras and patkas etc were laughed at and made fun of.He still thinks to this day that they are still being bullied around.Is he blind or something?I live in Ontario Canada and I see our punjabis growing more and more!

He was a total idiot and me and my father had a big argument with this moran cause he said a lot of bad things about Sikhi,gurus etc.

Monaey don't want to see the truth for example the Moran I had an argument with or this woman.

There are other bits to her story that they like to keep quiet. Like the fact that she did find a Sikh guy that adored her, and ran away with him to make a new life; but then proceeded to shag about on him.

That doesn't justify what happened to her sister though.

Thing is, today, a lot of apnay have a lot of say in their partners; unlike the days she speaks of. She seems to be oblivious to this or purposefully ignoring it?

I think the reason she ignores it is because that is what her intended white audience wants to hear of an Asian demeaning her culture as being very barbaric and backward. A lot of apnay do this and write books which then go on to become best sellers. Although what happened to her sister is very unfortunate. But that was during the 80s. Today in Punjab women are not forced to marry at such a young age of 14 or 15 as her sisters were.