E Desh Sadda Nhi - Giani Sant Singh Maskeen Ji

amar_jkp

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Bhurtpore_(1805)

Yashwantrao Holkar sought help from Raja Bhag Singh of Jind, Raja Fathesinh Ahuwalia of Patiala and other Sikh rulers but they all rejected to help him against the British. He then went to Maharaja Ranjit Singh of Punjab at Lahore who too turned down his request to fight against the British. As soon as the British learnt this, they sent Bahg Singh, uncle of Ranjit Singh, to prevent Ranjit Singh from helping Yashwantrao Holkar. Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Fateh Singh signed a friendship treaty with British. The agreed draft of this treaty was ready on 17 December 1805. Yashwantrao Holkar cursed Ranjit Singh. This curse became a saying in Punjab.

The British army and Holkar's army again came face to face near Amritsar. The English Council told Lord Lake to anyhow make a treaty with Yashwantrao Holkar because if they were late and the other rulers accept the appeal of Maharaja Yashwantrao Holkar it would be difficult for the British to remain in India. The British were worried because of the continuous failure against Holkars. The British approached him for peace.

Edited by jaikaara

Chatanga veer ji ..lets agree to stop mud slinging here...no bringing women into arguments...do you all know if we curse them we are cursing our ancestors ??? Let this forum be an example to bring peace and happiness...What is gone is gone...Dont we agree that we are fighting the bad in the system ?

Jaikaara veer, i respect your views and agree with your concerns too.

I am not claiming i have never gone off the track but usually most of my comments are about the "issues". 'on the other side of the fence', the ultras almost always resort to invectives, denigration of anything even remotely Hindu.

I agree ..it is ..that is what i wanted to prove ..if we dont like to hear any such things for Maharaja Ranjitsingh why do we spread slur against them...there might have been a handful of such incidents ..should we blame each and everyone for it ?????

There have been cases where they would heap insults...and this is never going to end ..if you have the intention to stop this ..then stop doing it yourself...there is room for dialogue here so place yourself sensibly.

shocking.

Yashwantrao Holkar sought help from Raja Bhag Singh of Jind, Raja Fathesinh Ahuwalia of Patiala and other Sikh rulers but they all rejected to help him against the British. He then went to Maharaja Ranjit Singh of Punjab at Lahore who too turned down his request to fight against the British. As soon as the British learnt this, they sent Bahg Singh, uncle of Ranjit Singh, to prevent Ranjit Singh from helping Yashwantrao Holkar. Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Fateh Singh signed a friendship treaty with British. The agreed draft of this treaty was ready on 17 December 1805. Yashwantrao Holkar cursed Ranjit Singh. This curse became a saying in Punjab.

The British army and Holkar's army again came face to face near Amritsar. The English Council told Lord Lake to anyhow make a treaty with Yashwantrao Holkar because if they were late and the other rulers accept the appeal of Maharaja Yashwantrao Holkar it would be difficult for the British to remain in India. The British were worried because of the continuous failure against Holkars. The British approached him for peace.

It is well know that the Marathas failed to understand the Sikhs as a formidable force in their own ego. They found that out in the battle of panipat wherein the Sikhs still came to their aid to free the Maratha prisoners after the battle. So what if Maharaja Ranjit Singh did not help Holkar. The British were a bigger threat to deal with.

खर आहे ते खरच राहतेय

Edited by OnPathToSikhi

So there is the answer ..situations are different ..we shouldnt entertain mudslinging

It is well know that the Marathas failed to understand the Sikhs as a formidable force in their own ego. They found that out in the battle of panipat wherein the Sikhs still came to their aid to free the Maratha prisoners after the battle. So what if Maharaja Ranjit Singh did not help Holkar. The British were a bigger threat to deal with.

खर आहे ते खरच राहतो

Jaikara, what is happening two poor posts in one topic?

Where did you find this rubbish?

Yashwantrao Holkar sought help from Raja Bhag Singh of Jind, Raja Fathesinh Ahuwalia of Patiala

Fateh Singh Ahluwalia of PATIALA???

As soon as the British learnt this, they sent Bahg Singh, uncle of Ranjit Singh, to prevent Ranjit Singh from helping Yashwantrao Holkar.

Thats a little weird, because history tells us that Maharaja's council was split in two over this, half wanting to fight the british and half against fighting them. Maharaja Sahib preferred peace to a war he was not part of, and accepted the advice of his council that advocated peace with the british, was best because of their power in the rest of hindustan, and secondly the marhattas were untrustable. Maharaja did not want to decimate his own kingdom for untrustable allies. A policy which I feel is something the Sikhs should have learned many lessons from to have avoided what we have become today.

Again, this sounds so weak, At one point the article is saying holkar went from pillar to post for allies, and being rejected by all, and above its talking of other rulers accepting holkars appeals.

You are missing the point bhaa ji ...when you call someone names of stepping back ...here is a example of stepping back too...

Its a different case that you wouldnt want to accept this part of history and will want to continue to insult someone and then in turn that person will insult you...if you love playing tom and jerry then its your choice ..i wish you luck ..

Jaikara, what is happening two poor posts in one topic?

Where did you find this rubbish?

Fateh Singh Ahluwalia of PATIALA???

Thats a little weird, because history tells us that Maharaja's council was split in two over this, half wanting to fight the british and half against fighting them. Maharaja Sahib preferred peace to a war he was not part of, and accepted the advice of his council that advocated peace with the british, was best because of their power in the rest of hindustan, and secondly the marhattas were untrustable. Maharaja did not want to decimate his own kingdom for untrustable allies. A policy which I feel is something the Sikhs should have learned many lessons from to have avoided what we have become today.

Again, this sounds so weak, At one point the article is saying holkar went from pillar to post for allies, and being rejected by all, and above its talking of other rulers accepting holkars appeals.

You consider them anti - sikh and they consider you anti - hindu ..does this make sense ?

You are being biased in your views for reasons I fail to understand. No I am not anti-Hindu or anti any Faith and I don't think anyone here is.

Here is the thread that perhaps started it all on this forum:

Most of that moron's ('sher') posts on this thread have been deleted possibly due to level of hate it carried.

There is a comment by dalsingh101 on this thread:

"You consider yourself a Nanakpanthi - okay cool. But how the hell do you get off by implicitly dissing GGS by attacking the decisions he made - on a Sikh forum no less! Check yourself!"

The "You" dalsingh101 is referring to is 'sher'. Incidentally sher's comments are not visible since they have been deleted.

The hate and venom that sher has spewed on this forum has been to the extent that it has prevented from any sensible discussion to be carried out since.

I will say that there has been some failure by the moderators also for have let this sher-aka-rat on the loose.

Understood and agreed, but can I ask why there is no such concern raised with all the anti-Sikh comments going on for quite some time now.

The reason for this is that they are utterly and unreservedly biased towards the sikhs.

I was asked a foolish question by this ignorant so called fake 'sher' earlier on, 'what is the sikh identity anyway' when he/she was busy with his/her smear campaign against Maskeen sahib ji. The dingbat asked me this question on sikh awareness forum out of all the other forums. Hello lamebrain..............................if you don't know what is a sikh identity by now you never will.

Sher's venom is more poisonous than a most venomous snake. So disgusted with you.

Edited by karma

where is the "hate" in my comments? Yes, dalsingh has criticised me in the past, so? He has been much more severe on those who considers themselves jat first and then sikh or whatever.

i dont know what venom i have been spewing or which hatred spills out of my comments but i have been, among others, threatened to be killed, abused, denigrated, vilified and what not.

grow up onpath learn to live with those who may not agree with your worldview.

You are a fine one to preach others on how to live with others that don't share 'your worldview' and what worldview might that be if I may ask? The worldview of hindu hatred towards the sikhs and calling them profanities and obscenities when they don't agree with it? Calling their families 'pendus' and anyone that believes in sikhi 'jats?'

The amount of venom you have spewed on this forum would surpass the venom spewed by million of cobras put together.. Do you worship snakes by any chance because hindus are known to do so?

You love propogating hate towards everyone and no wonder hinduland is in the state it is in now because there are billion more like you controlling it with their cunning, conniving and scheming ways.

Your last comment is simply hilarious.

You are such a dingbat! Need your head examined!

Edited by karma

honestly dont worry about any of the dum faggets on this website. they still live in a black and white world where everything "hindu" is bad and everything "sikh" is good and these categories are objective for them. This is why sikhi is diminishing and were slaves in pardes, these fools are pseudo intellectuals. theyll never amount to anything ever again. a tree without its roots is non-existent. these fudus are ignorant losers. they cant even fathom basic terms and concepts. Their hero kahn singh fudu of fudu-ville nabha controls their interpretations of everything. their lost souls trying to find their way back home and when they look at history it challenges their made up bullshit from their stupid singh sabha gianis and granthis at their corrupt gurdwaras and they just choose to ignore reality and move forward in their blind state. the fudus on this website cant even connect the dots between rajput culture and sikh culture...

singh, turban, beard, mustache, khanda, shastar-vidya, kshatriya status, land-ownership, titles, kalgi on the pagri, horses, jhatka, the list goes on... the whole identity of sikhi is grown out of indian culture and yet these fools think the persian word "punjabi" denotes identity and the persian word "sirdar" is acceptable for all.. even those sikhs who have never been sardars ever.... wearing a pag doesnt make you a sardar... but this is also beyond their comprehension. losers breed losers..

and see which one came first... how stupid can you really get? they think "sham sing attariwala" was named sham because it means "Evening".. not Krishan... they think Govind has no meaning or relation to Krishan. the list goes on... these people think sikh culture has sprung from the skies and its ok to call hindus cowards and forget about how many times sikhs have been defeated by afghans, mughals, and rajputs (hindus and muslims). they read history black and white... every kom has pros and cons but these fudus paint black and white pictures creating a serious psychological problem for sikh youth and the community as a whole. the whole kom's mentality is based on lies and ignorance so when the kids confront history they run from it and hide like the little bitches they are and thus they are incapable of moving forward because they are always stuck in trying to manipulate the past into fitting their made up categories. sikhs are finished because of this psychological problem. they cant even read anything anymore and think about it because their mind is enslaved to kahn fudu nabhay da and ajmer singh. their worse than house niggers now, they hate their own history and hate themselves and you can see this in the diaspora and in punjab especially. fake history = enslaved children relying on lies and baseless stories for identity= cowards/unsuccessful losers as a community.

if i ask a "foolish" question, i am still doing it in a civilised way. PLEASE enlighten an ignorant like me where was the hatred where was the venom in that question? Also, am I not allowed to ask question about Sikh identity on a Sikh forum, why not?

If you think that your behaviour on this forum is civilised, then I dread to think what your uncivilised behaviour would be.

You have asked questions here interspersed with crude remarks against Sikhs, the Guru's and the Sikh Panth, and even though we have given the answers, sadly because they are not what you wish to hear from us, you carry on repeating the same things over and over again. Bringing up the same stuff in different topics.

why are you asking these questions in the first place? Is it to learn about Sikhs? I don't think so.

now I strongly object to this accusation. as they say, put up or ..err shut up. show me where i have spewed hatred towards Sikhs. my ire has been towards individuals who distort history, sikh spiritual text to promote their basically anti-sikhi agendas.

I don't think that we need you here, to tell us Sikhs what we know about Sikhi is wrong. So do us all a favour.

And talking about distorting history? what a hypocrit!

singh, turban, beard, mustache, khanda, shastar-vidya, kshatriya status, land-ownership, titles, kalgi on the pagri, horses, jhatka, the list goes on... the whole identity of sikhi is grown out of indian culture

are you sure? cos not long we had a muslim guy trying his best to convince us that these were all part of persian culture.

Who cares what some "Persian" Muslim says... this is a stupid label in itself considering that islam has tried to homogenize all of its followers and persian culture is dying if any exists at all.. the zoroastrians are the true persians and they ran away to india and their nothing like the stupid so called persian muslim your dum visitor is tlaking about. you should know that all the things mentioned are indian culture... your stupider than you appear on this forum if you think otherwise.