Labelling Everyone Sikhs

BALJIT44

I agree with ragnarok , and just to add we must first realise and understand the definition of a Sikh.

We may be born into a "sikh" family but does not make us a Sikh unless we follow the Guru's ( Dhan Dhan sir Guru Granth Sahib Ji ) hukam, live the Rehit of a Sikh and this anyone can follow.

I agree with ragnarok , and just to add we must first realise and understand the definition of a Sikh.

We may be born into a "sikh" family but does not make us a Sikh unless we follow the Guru's ( Dhan Dhan sir Guru Granth Sahib Ji ) hukam, live the Rehit of a Sikh and this anyone can follow.

This is theory reality is anyone born in sikh is considered as sikh unless he/she publicaly renounce his religion.When a Sikh man abandon his turban so many sikhs become emotional at that time do they at that time feel that person was never a sikh and was just wearing turban because he was born in sikh family.also if tommorow 100 born sikhs will convert to islam or christianity then there will be big ho halla in sikh community .Why at that time nobody say that they were never sikh so Sikhs just need not to care

Contemporary 'sikhs' don't realise that the only condition for being a Sikh is to learn from the Guru. Period. They're trying to translate their caste system into a race system whereby only punjabis can be Sikh and only punjabis can marry each other.

Nicely put.

Ragnarok. ..A sword in final fantasy..brings back memories

Edited by Koi

This is theory reality is anyone born in sikh is considered as sikh unless he/she publicaly renounce his religion.When a Sikh man abandon his turban so many sikhs become emotional at that time do they at that time feel that person was never a sikh and was just wearing turban because he was born in sikh family.also if tommorow 100 born sikhs will convert to islam or christianity then there will be big ho halla in sikh community .Why at that time nobody say that they were never sikh so Sikhs just need not to care

As I understand where you are coming from , may i ask you what is a definition of a Sikh ?

As I understand where you are coming from , may i ask you what is a definition of a Sikh ?

It depend whether you are asking for spiritual or political defination of sikh.. If we go by defination that only a person following Guru is sikh then how many corrupt politicians of Punjab and Akali Dal and how many corrupt Gurdwara officials will qualify as Sikhs?