Sikh Beating Another Sikh-Elderly Sikh Begging For Their Mercy Crying

What the hell is a 'jathereya di tha'??

Jatheras means ancestors. Worshipping at places of Jatheras is a tradition among Jatts. Das jee has already provided details of it.

Please read the link below.

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/article_samparda_jat3.html

Worshipping ancestors is not allowed in Sikhism, but worhsipping for ancestors is allowed.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

Raw talk:

Our community,stuck in the backwardsness of India, has gone majorly backwards.

They are so detached from global realities and power that they've reverted to petty, dumb shite to make themselves feel powerful.

Let's be honest. Pind de rehan wale don't have to worry about global reality. You do!

Lol backwardness. You haven't even been you India. You think you are in any position to be making judgements?

A lot of westerners have this impression that "middle eastern countries are backward because their punishment is brutal".

But think about this-

1. Go to court and be stuck in jail for 10 years for your crime

2. Get a beating from the local pind's sarpanch and move on with life

What would you choose?

Can you please elaborate? How can one justify this act of violence? I did not watch the whole video as I am a mentally weak person. So, if you could explain, that would be great.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

they went there to talk with them , to sort things out beating was not the first option

as they are speaking in this video

while they were talking with committee the baba's started path in any case

this is a huge respect to guru granth sahib, if they wanted path to be done , it could have been done at gurudwara sahib

even doing kirtan at madiyaan jathereyan is hugely disrespectful , and doing prakash of guru sahib is on a whole new level of beadbi

even baba nand singh ji and his sewadars agreed to it , i heard it from his hazuri sewadars

on top of that these pendu baba's dont understand the words

if you go and try to talk to them nicely and explain them.

you will be looking at lots of cussing from them

they dont want to understand

here is a perfect quote for this video

latoon ke bhoot battoon se nahi manate

even while beating the singh explain " sangat says you do this , but they dont understand we try to talk to these people and still they go to these measures and leaving us no choice"

the fact that , they started path while singhs were there to talk and stop them , is the proof that they didnt care at all. for the beadbi happening.

so yes they deserved it

there is also a sakhi from guru gobind singh ji maharaj

a war was going to start and guru sahib ordered sangat to return home

a singh remained , they asked why you cannot go

he replied guru sahib , this is you are my everything

guru sahib replied. you are very educated and know nothing of war.

if you stay here all you would be doing is " guru must have done this, done that"

if you want to remain a sikh go home.

hope that explains

and same explanation from them here

https://www.facebook.com/waheguruakalpurkh/videos/vb.1451460355084724/1629642503933174/?type=2&theater

Edited by savinderpalsingh

Lot of fear mongering talk here with lot of previous examples used as precedence (very slippery slope as most dharam thats how they get hijacked by extremist), none of these so called sevadars have full bhramvidya from taksal and can explain things in stages, so off course with no real knowledge in sikhi, they project their own short coming (own anger) hid behind sikh self righteous cause and beat up people, restore to enforcement, beating up people, instilling fear in people they are acting out of fear mongering by beating them, shaming them-making psychotic video of beating same technique taliban uses to have control on their herd, by infusing fear in public/media.

Ask them to show practically khalsa -advait nirbhuo nirvair sidhant.

Brand new thread open on people who are trying to justify it with even burning story of masand:

Savinderpal singh,

Please read- zafarnama, off course we are all famliar with when all means have failed, its justifies to raise sword...Off course many right wing sikhs follow twisted version of this - its justifies to pick up sword to address all means

But read zafarnama deeply and feel it and come back to tell me if actions of these individuals who were beating reflect zafarnama sidhant of Guru Maharaj.

That's justifying monarch/medieval which is designed to take Sikhi back to 15th century if not before.
Jathere ..are bad, beadbi? How about this extarct from a writer (Chaupa Singh Chibber) who was 10th guru sahib's contemporary.
Rituals
For a shraddh ceremony, prepare the tastiest of food and summon fellow members of the Khalsa. Read the Anand, recite Ardas, and feed the assembled Sikhs. Perform other unspecified rituals punctiliously, never. entrusting them to Brahmans. [16, 20]

Bro, I think Shradh is different from Jathera. Jathera is usually connected with worship of ancestors, while Shradh is a ceremony, which can be used to help our ancestors. There is no worshipping of ancestors in Shradh. Hindus pray to Sri Ganesh jee, which in a sense is better than praying to ancestors (in most cases).

Anyways, the actions of these people are against Gurmat.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Edited by paapiman

Please stick to the topic here. Sher you are quite familiar with extremism in general be it whether its hindu, sikh, christian and islam. Why you think these people compelled to make video and commentary with it- words they used- whats their ulterior motive here? I sense their main aim is to spread fear, hysteria. This is not just our typical awareness campaign towards sri guru granth sahib ji satkar, this is much more sinister they are following foot steps of talibans/sharia vadi islamist of video making to put it up on facebook. Satkar towards sri guru granth sahib ji is just camouflage they use to spread their propaganda.

Thanks Pappiman, i agree Jathere different from Shraddh, i did not make any such claim. I quoted from Chaupa Singh Chibber Rehatnama which asks Sikhs to perform Shradd. well respected scholars have also published papers metnioning that Guru Nanak devji performed shradh of his father two days before his own death. a Khatri man doing what a khatri man is required to do.

Sorry about that bro.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

Just saw this cant believe it , and I dont think the panj piare would sanction them to be beat like this , but i think it would be more beneficial if these guys who were beaten , called to harimandir sahib ,

1. asked them , if they thought they did anything wrong

2. If no , then explained why it was wrong according to sikhi

3. Get them to do local seva

4. Get them to be educated

5. After x amount of months called back and tested as to what they have learnt

6. Monitor them for x amount of years

Then if they still fail , and do beadbi then take them call them back . The point is no one is perfect , and we all make mistakes , educate the people who make mistakes as lot of people dont know whats right from wrong .

i admit, my assumption was wrong. But did the victims appear in front of Akal Takht or not?

From appearing in front of Sri Akal Takht, you took it to being beaten up in Sri Darbar Sahib or Sri Akal Takht. And then fell flat on your face/arse.

Will you ever learn in this lifetime?

Beating or killing in the name of religion (blasphemy, insulting the Gurus, etc) is not the Sikh way. I used to be a supporter of these killings but have since changed my mind; people like Rulda should've been countered by parchaar not bullets. Same with most of the deradaars, with the exception of the ones who commited rapes, forced sterilizations and murders - they can be killed in Khalsa vigilante justice according to Sikh and Gur Ithaas.

Our Gur Ithaas is full of slanderers of the Guru and even ones who changed bani but the Gurus just told us not to mingle with them, not to kill them. Our Gurus took on the Mughal empire, and if they wanted they could've decimated all these sects.

From an ex-extremist.

Bro, what do you mean? I did not understand your comments.

Waheguru jee kaa Khalsa

Waheguru jee kee Fateh

It was refering to sher. if you are new to this forum, you need to be aware of this sher thing. he is a hindutva supporter who likes to cause trouble on this forum. he tells lies, twists things, to make Sikhs look bad.

As in this topic, he tried to link jathera puja with shrad and use a hukumnama to make it look like the Sikhs who performed jathera puja were correct in doing so. He does this so that no progress in topics can be made, instead bringing up his old drivel just to keep us busy countering his rubbish and not acheiving anything else.

He gets away with it here because this forum allows him to have a voice. I tackled him on his forum and I got banned. Why he is still allowed to post here after it is plain to see his agenda, I don't know. But watch out for what he says.

Sher is under strict moderation so as kharku84 along with jungchumkaur, starpach47. They all have agenda thats why they been put on strict moderation but with that being said, their post may also bring valid concerns in grand scheme of things. Everyone is given a valid voice under control here.. may be fascist hindu rss forum can take inspiration from sikh platform which still despite of knowing that some members have agenda-still allows their valid concerns/valid freedom of speech/concerns instead of totally rejecting them in totality.