Meditation Retreats May Not Be Good For The Mentally Unstable

"....Meditation is about looking into the abyss within. It wasn't created to make you or me happy, but to help us fight the illusions we have and find out who we truly are."

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/meditation-is-touted-as-a-cure-for-mental-instability-but-can-it-actually-be-bad-for-you-10268291.html

Edited by dalsingh101

"....Meditation is about looking into the abyss within. It wasn't created to make you or me happy, but to help us fight the illusions we have and find out who we truly are."

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/meditation-is-touted-as-a-cure-for-mental-instability-but-can-it-actually-be-bad-for-you-10268291.html

Thats true but many meditation western new age retreats out there is there to show magic of altered state of consciouness*..so mentally unstable will do just fine to see another magic show reality it probably helps them their mental state which is good news, one step at a time.

Real deal-direct teaching is quite boring for lot of people as its nothing to do with expereince or magic show but rather to do with indentity shift of experiencer, more focus is on actual source-JOT saroop which is cognizing the whole expereince- backward step, prior stateless state than forward-

* nothing wrong with altered state of consciousness as long its mentioned its not the real thing so that people don't end up getting fixated on it.

Thats true but many meditation western new age retreats out there is there to show magic of altered state of consciouness*..so mentally unstable will do just fine to see another magic show reality it probably helps them their mental state which is good news, one step at a time.

Real deal-direct teaching is quite boring for lot of people as its nothing to do with expereince or magic show but rather to do with indentify shift of experiencer, more focus is on actual source-JOT saroop which is cognizing the whole expereince- backward step, prior stateless state than forward-

* nothing wrong with altered state of consciousness as long its mentioned its not the real thing so that people don't end up getting fixated on it.

I know, the west has a tendency to 'commodify' spirituality and turn it deviant anyway. Like using it for heightened sexual ecstasy, or as some counter-balance to the ruthless, stress laden corporate life. They've even started to use it to try and alleviate exam stress in teenagers.

I watched Ip Man I and II recently and one point made there (from the Chinese to Japanese in the movie) about a spirit of benevolence permeating Chinese martial arts (itself attributed to Confucianism), which was missing from the then imperialistic Japanese strikes home.