Making Cartoon Drawings of Guru Ji.

Harjots8963

Can someone please provide bani, and explain why making drawings of Guru Maharaj is wrong. Or drawing Guru Maharaj with a modern look.

​Well, we have two instances, where Satguru jee allowed his portrait to be made.

One sakhi is of a woman from Dhaka (present day Bangladesh), who requested to make a portrait of ninth master and she was given permission. The sakhi is below:

http://nanaksarkaleran.com/originalportraitofgurutegbahadurji

Second, we have the famous portrait of first master, which is used in Nanaksar gurughars. Srimaan Sant Baba Nand Singh jee Maharaaj Kaleranwala did great parupkaar (mercy) on people like me, by gifting the Panth, the photo of first master.

Having said the above, we should try to stick to the above two pictures, in addition to any other historical pictures of Satguru jee. If cartoon images are to be made, they should use these pictures as a base.

Also, pictures should not be worshiped, but can be used for motivation and inspiration.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

​Well, we have two instances, where Satguru jee allowed his portrait to be made.

One sakhi is of a woman from Dhaka (present day Bangladesh), who requested to make a portrait of ninth master and she was given permission. The sakhi is below:

http://nanaksarkaleran.com/originalportraitofgurutegbahadurji

Second, we have the famous portrait of first master, which is used in Nanaksar gurughars. Srimaan Sant Baba Nand Singh jee Maharaaj Kaleranwala did great parupkaar (mercy) on people like me, by gifting the Panth, the photo of first master.

Having said the above, we should try to stick to the above two pictures, in addition to any other historical pictures of Satguru jee. If cartoon images are to be made, they should use these pictures as a base.

Also, pictures should not be worshiped, but can be used for motivation and inspiration.

Bhul chuk maaf

Yea I know about the second sakhi mate. But I heard in Sant Baba Hari singh ji Randhavewale Katha that In the Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji sakhi that it wasn't guru nanak dev ji but guru granth sahib ji. And that Sant Ji saw Guru Nanak Dev Ji AS Guru Granth Sahib Ji! 

Can anybody please provide bani that talks about drawing the guru or some thing similar about that. I can't remember the Pauri right now 

Yea I know about the second sakhi mate. But I heard in Sant Baba Hari singh ji Randhavewale Katha that In the Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji sakhi that it wasn't guru nanak dev ji but guru granth sahib ji. And that Sant Ji saw Guru Nanak Dev Ji AS Guru Granth Sahib Ji! 

​Bro, can you please provide the reference (Katha)? Are you 100% sure, he said that?

I used to think that, it was the other way around. He got darshan of first master in SSGGSJ. I might be wrong.

Bhul chuk maaf

45 minutes

​Thanks bro for the link. The photo of first master was used by Srimaan Sant Baba Isher Singh jee Maharaaj and he was a Gurmukh Brahamgyani.

Proof -  http://www.sikhlionz.com/baba-isher-singh-kaleran-wale.jpg

Bhul chuk maaf

​Thanks bro for the link. The photo of first master was used by Srimaan Sant Baba Isher Singh jee Maharaaj and he was a Gurmukh Brahamgyani.

Proof -  http://www.sikhlionz.com/baba-isher-singh-kaleran-wale.jpg

Bhul chuk maaf

Oh nice. 

So you think it's just a difference of samparday beliefs ? 

Also if someone could please provide more insight on the cartoon or picture drawing.

Can anybody please provide bani that talks about drawing the guru or some thing similar about that. I can't remember the Pauri right now 

Is this the tuk?

ਸੂਖਮ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਨਿਰੰਜਨ ਕਾਇਆ ਕਾ ਆਕਾਰੁ ॥

But to the subtle image of the Immaculate Name, they apply the form of a body.

It's starts off like natak chet 

​Is it in SSGGSJ or Sri Dasam Granth Sahib jee or Bhai Gurdaas jee dee varaan?

ਨਾਟਕ ਚੇਟਕ ਕੀਝ ਕ੝ਕਾਜਾ ॥ ਪ੝ਰਭ ਲੋਗਨ ਕਹ ਆਵਤ ਲਾਜਾ ॥੧੪॥
The saints of the Lord abhor the performance of miracles and malpractices. 14.

Unquote [1]

[1] - http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Martyrdom_of_Guru_Tegh_Bahadur

Bhul chuk maaf

It is said that the final touches of the Dhaka painting were done by Guru Tegh Bahadur himself.

Gurbilas Patshahi 6 (1718), Mehima Parkash (1776)  & Suraj Parkash (1843), historical Sikh sources, confirm that several paintings of the Gurus were made during their lifetime.