Bhai Gurdas Vaaran manuscripts?

SikhKhoj

A topic that is not often brought up but is still an interesting one; how many manuscripts of the Vaaran are available? When was it first published and on what manuscript is it available? Are there variations?

I am talking only about the 40 Vaars and not the late 18th century '41st vaar' (which is not by Bhai Gurdas II by the way) which was appended later on to the text by fools.

Years ago I read a discussion on the authenticity of the Vaaran in a book but I don't remember any details.

Edited by SikhKhoj

I often quote from the Vaaran myself, but talking about the manuscripts is no paap.

I am researching. You will not see a single distasteful post from me against the Dasam Granth, I try to remain objective in my study and keep the past baggage, assumptions, blind faith aside.

Yes, saw that but;

A manuscript without background information is not that suitable for research, especially for beginners like us. If a Path had been created we could look in a particular direction and then it is easier to form opinions.

Edited by SikhKhoj

BTW Singh123..., over the years I have found enough evidence in Guru Nanaks Bani for the political teachings, some historical facts about Guru Angad out of which mal akharas is an important one. Guru Arjan has lots of miri aspects too, only stuck on Guru Amar Das and Guru Ram Das.

I'm sure someone will get there soon.

Already been done Paji by the Congress + Hindutva alliance which has ghost written these books for these new Balmiki + Dera Ballan apartheid Mandir franchises, with the avowed aim of reducing our Qaum to a minority in Punjab by the 2021 census.

What Miri aspects are there during Guru Amar Das and Guru Ram Daas time?

I have read that Sikhs complained about oppressive Muslims during Guru Amar Das times and the Guru told them to keep forgiving them and living like that, tolerating it till the end i.e. no resistance. This seem in stark contrast to Guru Nanak and Guru Angad (and ofcourse the latter Gurus) and therefore I do not believe in this Sakhi (which I read in some recent book).

Please edit the title of this thread to make it very very specific as title is questioning whole bhai gurdas ji varan, also to avoid this topic being locked. Please provide what exactly needs to discussed regarding the varan from which aspect? historical? theological ? or spiritual?