Limit dasam granth authenticity debates on the forum to once a month- Need feedback?

SAadmin

I found a great quote the other day... only I can't find it again, so this is paraphrased:

If you perpetuate a lie insiduously and over time, that lie will get passed down to others as truth, and then eventually the truth will be seen as absurd. 

This quote also holds true:

“You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.”
Abraham Lincoln

There are those who unquestioningly believe DG is 100% 'bani' and the work of Guru Gobind Singh Ji because it's what they were passed down, told.

And there are also those who just a fervently believe that the wool has been pulled over the eyes of Sikhs over time, so insiduously that the truth actually now actually seems absurd.

Keep in mind we are not talking about proven bani like Jaap etc.  But controversial the works like Charitropakhyan.

Edited by Satkirin_Kaur

My 18th century source regarding 24 Avtar/Charitars being court poetry was a slap in the face of all thosewho claim DG was always accepted as Guru Krit prior to the Singh Sabha movement (amardeep being one of them).

It was no slap. A tickle that maybe raised the lips but not more. Your source is no more a slap in the face than the "keski is kakkar" effort.

Maybe you had a look at the posts after yours, where the lines that you posted about the Kavis being the authors was discussed? I hope you did.