Limit dasam granth authenticity debates on the forum to once a month- Need feedback?

SAadmin

We are thinking in terms of limiting authencity debates on sri dasam granth on this forum as recently we have been seeing lot of forum members energy is put on debates and discussion which is fine but if whole forum members energy is directed towards one specific topic, one specific area then we might have to strike fine balance so discussion / debates/vichar can be equally proportionally spread across other areas/sections/topics in the forum for example- gurbani, meditation, sikh samparda etc.

What you guys think? Limit to sri dasam granth discussion for once (for 7 days) in a month. I really don't want to enforce limitations on the topic so it would defeat the purpose of freedom of speech /freedom of expression / freedom of liberty on this forum.

what you guys think?

I think debate/discussions are positive, but just anticipate some people turning up and playing the usual  clutching their handbags to their chests aghast 'nindak' card. lol

It was all the negativity about the DG that caused me to look at it in more detail - I love it now. So that was a bit of an own goal for all the anti-DG brigade. 

N30 Paji, whilst I think open respectful and civilised debate is good for the Panth ...

We (all of us, myself included) cannot afford to take our eyes of bigger Panthic objectives that we all agree upon.

Thus how we tackle the menace of drugs, alcohol, female infanticide, caste biraderi, illiteracy, cancer and poverty afflicting our Panth should be our main overall focus. But if debate can make all realise that everyone reveres Dashmesh Pita equally that is good too as hopefully that can help push us towards the Unity that we need to ensure single united Sangat Gurdwara's in every pind and locality in the West and ensuring 100% literacy globally.

Edited by mrsingh

Again , please provide proof - AKJ and Taksal. Have you seen some of the post by satkiran, mrsingh strong opinions against DDT. I also like to remind you yourself had a very strong opinion against sant gurbachan singh bhindranwale of DDT, we allowed that even as long as it was done respectfully. 

my humble submission is that there should not be any discussion on the authenticity Sri Dasam Granth on this site unless it is of view that is not or disputed, therefore need to be settled here, a remote possibility. from the perspective of those who believe that it is authentic and Bani of Dhan Dhan Dhan Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj, it is question of devotion not discussion, and devotion is at very high pedestal than freedom of whatever. mow the if sa believes that it is Maharaji's Bani (regardeess of the fact if it is nor), then questioning and bringing in doubts about Sri Dasam Granth, will create more doubts for ordinary folks. the discussion can happen on its relevance in moderns society and how it was used by puritan sikhs. for me, is unequivocally settled not because i have "historical evidence" but because those all Dargahi Mahapuraksh (including original Five Beloved) and those blessed by them have never rejected anything related to Sri Dasam Granth, and i urge those who believe in it please not do use improper method and language against those who not approve it.  finally it is slippery slope, tomorrow someone will want to discuss the same issues regarding Sri Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj, then even if there is Sachkhand so on  and so forth.