Help Me !!

WJKK..WJKF 

Waheguru Ji had done Kirpa on meme and I got to know about Life,karma and many aspects of this beautiful creation. Now as a normal Teenager,I was admitted into university for Management Course. Guru Granth sahib ji says again and again that wealth,wordly knowledge and education will give us nothing.Our only motive should be to devote ourselves to God as much as we can..so I feel like I am wasting my time in theese studies.I want to devote my life To Sikhi and Waheguru Ji ! But here In India nobody would help me to do that and My parents are very upset because like every other Parent they want me to study and be a Good Officer etc. I am pretty confused and don't know what to do..please Guide me brothers and sisters. 

WJKK..WJKF 

Waheguru Ji had done Kirpa on meme and I got to know about Life,karma and many aspects of this beautiful creation. Now as a normal Teenager,I was admitted into university for Management Course. Guru Granth sahib ji says again and again that wealth,wordly knowledge and education will give us nothing.Our only motive should be to devote ourselves to God as much as we can..so I feel like I am wasting my time in theese studies.I want to devote my life To Sikhi and Waheguru Ji ! But here In India nobody would help me to do that and My parents are very upset because like every other Parent they want me to study and be a Good Officer etc. I am pretty confused and don't know what to do..please Guide me brothers and sisters. 

wjkk wjkf

Brother, Satguru jee has stated that wealth, worldly education, houses, etc, will not be of much use, after we die.  There is no doubt about it, but brother, we need to understand that we cannot survive without maya in this world. Satguru jee states:

ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਜਿਸੁ ਉਦਰੁ ਤਿਸੁ ਮਾਇਆ ॥

Says Kabeer, whoever has a belly to fill, is under the spell of Maya.

Satguru jee did promote life of a householder. It has its advantages:

-  A person's mind wanders less as he is constantly on the move, to earn income for this family. He stays busy. Idle mind is a devil's workshop. 

-  Sexual desire does not trouble him much.

-  Psychological and sociological benefits of being with a family. A person is able to talk about his problems, get support from family members and avoid or mitigate problems such as stress, depression, etc.

-  A person is able to help others with monetary support (Vand Chakna), using his Dharam dee kirat.

Bro, you will have to self-reflect.

-  Do you seriously want to dedicate your entire life to Satguru jee?

-  Are you aware that this could be a very dangerous path? You could potentially face problems, including medical ones.

-  Can you do naam simran for 10-12 hours daily? Not just for one day or a week. Can you keep doing it for months, on a daily basis?

If you are seriously thinking about it, then you will have to enroll in a jatha. Life in a jatha (of Gurmukhs) can be pretty rough. Just to give you an example:

Srimaan 108 Sant Gyani Sundar Singh jee Khalsa Bhindrawale (11th jathedaar of DDT) would require a person to do the following (on top of Nitnaym and other duties):

-  25 Paaths of Sri Japjee Sahib daily

-  Learn Panj Granthi by heart

Bhul chuk maaf

..do not make yourself a parasite..living on people's given alms ..thats not the ideal sikh..

Paaji, your point is valid for pakhandees, but if he has very minimal worldly desire left in him, then he might be able to dedicate his life for panth. 

Many Gurmukhs/Mahapurakhs left their families, became celibates and dedicated their lives completely to the panth. Those great souls touched lives of millions.

Bhul chuk maaf

Paaji, your point is valid for pakhandees, but if he has very minimal worldly desire left in him, then he might be able to dedicate his life for panth. 

Many Gurmukhs/Mahapurakhs left their families, became celibates and dedicated their lives completely to the panth. Those great souls touched lives of millions.

Bhul chuk maaf

Please understand his age and maturity level ..times are different ..let him make himself capable enough to earn his livelihood and then decide .

Please understand his age and maturity level ..times are different ..let him make himself capable enough to earn his livelihood and then decide .

Bro, your point makes sense, but we need youth too in jathas. If he is close to 18 and he is affected only a bit by sexual desire, then there is a good chance that he can be an asset to a jatha. He can one day, improve lives of many people and be a role model.

By the time, he graduates from a university, 3-4 years would have passed. In those 3-4 years in a Taksaal, he can learn so much. For example, listened to entire katha of SSGGSJ, Bhai Gurdaas Vaaran, SDGSJ, completed santheya of SSGGSJ, study Vedant, etc.

Bhul chuk maaf

Bhul chuk maaf

There are lot of practical problems which a person in real world. tell me which family will even consider him for rishta for  their daughter

There are lot of practical problems which a person in real world. tell me which family will even consider him for rishta for  their daughter

Bro, Ragis, Dhadhees, Granthis, etc, do get married. Moreover, he can become a celibate and dedicate his life to panth.

Bhul chuk maaf

Edited by paapiman

Bro, your point makes sense, but we need youth too in jathas. If he is close to 18 and he is affected only a bit by sexual desire, then there is a good chance that he can be an asset to a jatha. He can one day, improve lives of many people and be a role model.

By the time, he graduates from a university, 3-4 years would have passed. In those 3-4 years in a Taksaal, he can learn so much. For example, listened to entire katha of SSGGSJ, Bhai Gurdaas Vaaran, SDGSJ, completed santheya of SSGGSJ, study Vedant, etc.

Bhul chuk maaf

Yaar veere gal nu samajh ..he is at a age which is more like mid teens or little elder..i wanted to join the kharkoos at that age ..had seen saffron dumalle wearing singhs kneeling with their ak 47s ..ajj vi when i see taksalis singhs i feel the pull to be one of them..par yaar duniya edda nahi chaldi ..yaar othhe jehre singh ne are mostly from homes with more than 2 children..and from farmer backgrounds who have a lot of sardha ..chalo kakke ne baba ji naal jaahna hai .jaa puttar dharm da kam kar..that is the mentality ..par eh munde di ehoji gal nahi..

Yaar veere gal nu samajh ..he is at a age which is more like mid teens or little elder..i wanted to join the kharkoos at that age ..had seen saffron dumalle wearing singhs kneeling with their ak 47s ..ajj vi when i see taksalis singhs i feel the pull to be one of them..par yaar duniya edda nahi chaldi ..yaar othhe jehre singh ne are mostly from homes with more than 2 children..and from farmer backgrounds who have a lot of sardha ..chalo kakke ne baba ji naal jaahna hai .jaa puttar dharm da kam kar..that is the mentality ..par eh munde di ehoji gal nahi..

Samajh gaya paaji. Good point.

Bhul chuk maaf

Bro, Ragis, Dhadhees, Granthis, etc, do get married. Moreover, he can become a celibate and dedicate his life to panth.

Bhul chuk maaf

Studying for passion is luxury for rich or people living in developed nation where there is shortage of workforce in everyfield.In countries like India you have to take subjects of which jobs are available . O/W you may end up more in depression .

You need to work. Also, donating lots of money is an easy way to accumulate a lot of seva. Seva removes obstacles from our bhagti. 

Putting in a good day's work can actually be quite satisfying. When I was coming into Sikhi I had the same attitude as you do. 

Alternatively, you could live at home, work odd jobs and just do hardcore bhagti, but then you're pretty limited in a lot of options in life. You can also live in a dera. But then you pay out of your naam kamai for all the food, electricity, consumables (clothing, toothpaste, shampoo etc) that you use.  As long as we have a sareer, in some way or other, we have to pay. 

See this for advice on choosing a career : https://khojee.wordpress.com/2011/08/28/how-to-choose-a-good-career/

You can also live in a dera. But then you pay out of your naam kamai for all the food, electricity, consumables (clothing, toothpaste, shampoo etc) that you use.  

Excellent point bro. The above is a clear indication that if one lives in a dera, then he will have to do a lot more Bhagtee (meditation), than a householder. For example, if a householder is able to dedicate 3 hours of his day for Bhagtee, then a singh in a jatha, should at least be doing 6 hours of Bhagtee daily.

Bhul chuk maaf

Excellent point bro. The above is a clear indication that if one lives in a dera, then he will have to do a lot more Bhagtee (meditation), than a householder. For example, if a householder is able to dedicate 3 hours of his day for Bhagtee, then a singh in a jatha, should at least be doing 6 hours of Bhagtee daily.

Bhul chuk maaf

Please keep in mind that he is a student and has parents to attend to.

Edited by jaikaara