And itz a GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLEEEE !!!

Ideal Singh

Hello everybody!! You know what ???????? New season of Socccer/Football is also starting shortly... and you know what !!!!!!!!!! I also happen to be a die-hard fan of SOCCER :twisted: so this thread will listen to all of your Socccer yearnings...

Come to the party pals !!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inder Singh : "Pele' of Punjab....

The celebrated king of soccer, striker Inder Singh will go down in the annals of Indian football as a legend. He has been rightly described as "Pele' of Punjab.He is one Sikh footballer who has brought immense glory to the state. Speed and skill were the chief weapons of his game. He pounced upon the ball like a panther and when he went on an attacking spree he put any defence out of gear. He trapped the ball with remarkable skill and scored from acute angles. It was with this nerve that in the 1974 National Foorball Championship.

He earned the distinction of leading the Indian football team thrice. In 1969 he became the first Punjab player to play in the Asian All-Star team. He was presented the Arjuna Award in 1969. Inder Singh studied at Government High School, Phagwara. He attended his first Punjab school soccer camp in 1959 where the camp-in-charge was Joginder Singh. He was quick to learn. Form 1959 to 1961 he represented Punjab in the All India school Games. In 1960 and 1961 he was declared the best player and highest scorer in the School Games. In 1962 he joined Leaders Club (Jalandhar). The same year here presented Punjab in the Santosh Trophy at Bangalore. In 1963 he was selected in the Indian team which played in the pre- Olympic meet in Iran and at Calcutta. The same year he played in the Asia Cup at Tel Aviv where in the final Israll defeated India 2-0. Then he played in Merdeka soccer at Kuala Lumpur where India finished second. In 1966 Inder Singh toured Burma and played in theAsian Games at Bangkok. In 1969 he was named skipper of the Indian team to play in Merdeka soccer. Next year's Merdeka turned unlucky for him as he badly injured his knee.

Inder Singh was recalled to the coaching camp in 1971-72 but could not attend it because he was not fully fit. In 1973 he again led India in Merdeka.In 1975 he captained India in the Hakim Gold Cup tournament in Indonesia. Playing against South Korea, He broke his right arm.

Since 1975 he has not played for India. From 1962 to 77 he continuously represented Punjab. In 1972 he left Leaders Club and joined Jagatjit Cotton Textile Mills (Phagwara).

Inder Singh who was born in 1943 has been with the J.C.T. Mills (Phagwara).

Mugerrrrrrrr, i'll take you out if you say that again! It's gonna get reallllly ugly in here if you say Soccer Sucks again.... I hope i don't need a SOURCE to clarify that soccer does not suck....

Muger, Muger, Muger.... tsk tsk tsk.... as smart as you are, you're just not Clever! How can you not like soccer? You don't even get time to scratch your butt in soccer...

You're brit....I'm Canadian....yet I love soccer, and you don't??? :):LOL:

wrong buddy..

Man U is still favorites to win everything, yet again.. They've got young guns to replace beckham, and with players like Giggs, and their new American Keeper.....sorry, No one will dethrone Man U..not now..not for a long long time.. That's a very smart team. The spotlight is now off them, they don't have to worry about the incredible impact the media can have on your minds. With Beckham gone, they remove a very important part of their team, but they also remove a big tumor.. I didn't think that it was a good idea to get rid of them from the business aspect, but i DO think it's an excellent move for the on the field purpose. The lack of Beckham creates even more trouble for opposing teams, now that there's no individual player that the offense runs through

ARRGGHHHH! i hate arsenal!!! cheatin scum!! *spits* :twisted:

chelsea might have a good chance this summer.... i think other teams should start worryin cos their manager who is a russion billionaire is spending soooo much money on new players... if he can get a team which gells together then they got a good chance :D

funny how most poeple support manchesta united / liverpool /arsenal jus because they at the top of the tables.. and never their home local teams... dam glory hunters :twisted:

<waves his baggies scarf... even tho they got relegated :cry: :P:oops:

and one more thing.... its GOAL not GOLE :LOL::LOL:

SSA Steele Bangle: Gooooooooooooolllllllleee is in Brazilian language when a brazilian scores a gole the commentator yellls like thisss goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeee!!

:LOL::LOL:

haha i became a man.u fan after Barthez got shipped there.. That's when my interest in Man. U skyrocketed.. I'm a keeper too, so that's why.

haha my local team... it's not even semi-pro..hahaha we basically have NO local team...I've gotta look to a whole different continent to find a team.

I HATE Chelsea....ugh.... i don't even know why....i just HATE them

Guest BikramjitSingh

Ahh Football the beautiful game.. beats any other sport in the world.

Can all you guys stop referring to it as Soccer.. It's called football.. just 'cos the americans have a game where they wear motorcycle helmets and shoulder pads and call it 'football' doesn't mean we should call it soccer just for their sake. Hey I support the Americans.. war against terrorism, Iraq and all that.. but don't ask me to support their national team.

I agree with Steel Singh that Chelsea might just steal it this season.. Although Arsenal are the best. Where are all the British 'asians' who support Liverpool ?.

And Amans how comes you got into footy ?. Whenever I visit India the only games that are on the TV is some Middle Eastern games played in front of one man and his dog :)

GurFateh

Bikramjit Singh

Well Bikram I have followed footbal since 1990 world cup and i would stay wake in midnight to see all the matches... I simply love the strategic beauty of the Game...

And Cricket is not that bad game as you percieve just becasue you dont see it on your area.

Guest BikramjitSingh

Man U are the best, lai! :roll:

Hey I won't even dignify that with a comment 8)

Ideal Singh

Yeah I've been watching the World Cup since Espana 82. One of the best world cup tournaments ever. The Brazilian team were the best team never to win a world cup. The stars Socrates, Falcao, Junior, and of course Zico.

Who do you rate as the best footballer in the world. For me it's the main man Maradona ( for americans and canadians here.. it's not the singer ), the way he single handedly won the 86 world cup was great to watch. He scored both the most famous and the most infamous goal in the world in the same match against England. Yeah.. I'm one of those guys who hate England winning anything but is happy to live here :)

Two teams I support Argentina and Brazil.. if they play each other then it's gotta be the Argies :)