Sun Tzu - Art of War

dalsingh101

Here's my early xmas gift to you all! lol

Picked this up as a fresh graduate many many years ago when I visited Holland. Read this translation over others because it has been translated by Chinese people. I plan to start some discussions on the contents soon.  

566f3c1b81d62_Artofwar_SunTzu.pdf

A lot of Bush, Blair, Camoron type bewakoofs could have done with following these maxims. Note that the text appears to open the door to disobeying orders from above if they are against the interests of the state. 

Now, to win battles and take your objectives but to fail to consolidate these achievements in ominous and may be described as a waste of time. And therefore, it is said that enlightened rulers must deliberate upon plans to go to battle, and good generals carefully execute them. If not in the interests of the state, do not act. If you cannot succeed, do not use troops. If you are not in danger, do not fight a war. A sovereign cannot launch a war because he is enraged, nor can a general fight a war because he is resentful. For while an angered man may again be happy , and a resentful man again be pleased, a state that has perished cannot be restored, nor can the dead be brought back to life. Therefore, the enlightened ruler is prudent and the good general is warned against rash action. Thus the state is kept secure and the army preserved. 

Is there an indian equvelant of it?

Of all the people I personally know in the whole world, I think you are probably in the best position to answer this question. 

N30,

We used to be able to see how many people downloaded documents. What happened to that feature?