ram rai dera

ramgharia

today i visited ram rai dera it is in my city  (dehradun) the practices are all antisikh calling that place related to any sikh guru's son's place will  be wrong the walls have hindu gods and godess pictures one of the sacrad place for ram raiyyas is the flag (jhannde ji) there is a pic of guru nanak and in front of pic they have diyya and flowers and some nihangs were sitting there the gaddi ofv ram rai had 4 chawars kept and people were offering prashad there. i had visited the place many times before also there is a very famous fair also held on the 5th day after holy and ends on the 9th day of chaitra shuklapakhs(ram navmi) the dera is under udasis. i had seen many amritdhari sikhs of nearby places visiting there. tody i saw a amritdhari doing seva there. d

Can you provide more pictures of the paintings? They are said to be the earliest of the Sikh Gurus commisioned during the lifetime of Guru Tegh Bahadur himself.

Is there still a following of Ram Raia sikhs or were they all submerged back into 'mainstream Sikhi' like the Bandai Khalsa and other Sikh sects of history?

The architecture of that dera looks quite Islamic. Interesting!

19 hours ago, Koi said:

Was ram rai ji not forgiven by 10th master?

Yes, he was forgiven, but the bachan of Sri Satguru jee (Eighth master) that he will be burn't alive came to fruition too.

Mata Punjab Kaur jee (wife of Baba Ram Rai jee) was installed as the head of the dera, after masands (who were responsible for burning Baba jee's body) were punished.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 12/25/2015 at 11:30 PM, paapiman said:

Yes, he was forgiven, but the bachan of Sri Satguru jee (Eighth master) that he will be burn't alive came to fruition too.

Mata Punjab Kaur jee (wife of Baba Ram Rai jee) was installed as the head of the dera, after masands (who were responsible for burning Baba jee's body) were punished.

Bhul chuk maaf

mata punjab kaur ji was not made the head but mehant aud dass of udasi samprada and one of the diciple of baba ji was maid the head. and yes baba ram rai asked for forgiveness and he was forgiven by dasam pita ji. there ia a sakhi that dasam pita met ram rai ji on the banks of river yamuna near by and he was forgiven at that time. after the death of ram rai dasam pita himself punished the masands at the campus of dera

Edited by ramgharia
wrong quote

3 minutes ago, ramgharia said:

On 12/29/2015 at 3:48 AM, Keerat Singh said:

If you are from a samparda background, you wont see anything anti Sikhi at the dera.

which samprada background you are taking about

bhul chuk di khima

7 hours ago, paapiman said:

According to a historical source (Gur Balam Sakhian by Bhai Vir Singh jee), Mata Punjab Kaur was made the head of the seat.

Bhul chuk maaf

but there at the dera the head after ram rai was mehant aud das who was chosen by mata punjab kaur. and was the 1st gaddi nashin shri mahent of the dera.

rest i'll conferm from there site

bhul chuk di khima

19 hours ago, Keerat Singh said:

Guru Gobind Singh ji appointed a Mahant to do seva  at Anandpur Sahib when they left. A Mahant in charge of a Gurdwara is nothing new. 

I have met Sri Mahant Indiresh Charan Dass ji. A great Sadhu with lots of gian. 

i want to see the puratan swaroops of guru sahib at the dera. i had visited the place so many ties but not able to see the saroops can you tell me where they are kept and at what time we sangat can do drshan of those saroops.

bhul chuk di khima

You need to speak to the Mahant for Darshan. I dont know what the current Mahant is like, but previously you would need to speak to the Mahant. 

The title "guru was given to all teachers. For example even today, you would refer to your music teacher as "Guru". My understanding after meeting Mahant ji  many years ago, they do not accept Ram Rai had a separate Gaddi as satguru, but he was seen as the Vidya Guru of the Mahants and therefore the title Guru continued. You will note that the first Mahant does not have the title Guru but Sri Mahant. They also believe in Guru Gobind Singh ji who came and killed the bad Mahants. The Karhaa where the Mahants were killed and hole created to call each Mahant to the place Guru Gobind Singh was, is kept by the Mahants. There was land dispute going off years ago, I do not know if they still have control off that section. 

From their website it does not look like the current Mahant has changed the above view.