Sikh Man Killed In Arson Attack - Forest Gate

dalsingh101

British Sikh Man Killed In Arson Attack In UK

Twenty-one firefighters and four engines tackled the blaze, which was brought under control after two-and-a-half hours.

LONDON:  A 60-year-old Indian-origin British Sikh man was killed after his house was set on fire by an attacker, who has been arrested, in east London on Christmas Day.

Harbhajan Singh Rooprai was inside his home when 27-year-old Tyrone Jacobs allegedly set his home on fire, causing flames to be ripped through the terraced house in Forest Gate.

Mr Rooprai died from burns and inhalation of fumes after he was found on the ground floor of the property.

Twenty-one firefighters and four engines tackled the blaze, which was brought under control after two-and-a-half hours.

Four people had managed to escape from the house before firefighters arrived.

Jacobs has been charged with murder and arson with intent to endanger life after the incident. He is due to appear at the Old Bailey court in London on March 21.

Another 32-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of murder has been bailed until mid-February.

Detective Chief Inspector Steve McCabe said: "Mr Rooprai's family have been left devastated by what has happened and are struggling to come to terms with the loss."

Mr Rooprai's relative Harjit said, "Words cannot express the pain and anguish of our family and friends have endured since the loss of our dear and loving uncle on Christmas Day".

"We have been left devastated. The news will haunt us and we are still in disbelief that a member of our family has been so cruelly snatched away from us," Harjit told the 'Evening Standard'.
Story First Published: January 07, 2016 00:30 IST

53 minutes ago, GurpreetKaur said:

The pain this family is going through is too much. May Vaheguroo provide them courage and healing 

Very true, my heart goes out to them.

Also, I think it's important to recognise that we are likely to get a rise in violence against Sikhs given contemporary rightward political trends.

We should face that squarely and brace ourselves for it. 

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Very true, my heart goes out to them.

Also, I think it's important to recognise that we are likely to get a rise in violence against Sikhs given contemporary rightward political trends.

We should face that squarely and brace ourselves for it. 

True, I have no knowledge of politics, all I know over here, Sikhs go through stuff because Americans are not smart enough to know who is Muslim and who is sikh.  But what this family went and is going through and especially the one who had to go through such a horrible death, I have no words. Thank you for sharing this, made me feel stupid for crying over simple things in life. 

10 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

True, I have no knowledge of politics, all I know over here, Sikhs go through stuff because Americans are not smart enough to know who is Muslim and who is sikh.  But what this family went and is going through and especially the one who had to go through such a horrible death, I have no words. Thank you for sharing this, made me feel stupid for crying over simple things in life. 

Sister, do gurughars in US have armed (guns, etc) guards or not?

Bhul chuk maaf

3 hours ago, paapiman said:

Sister, do gurughars in US have armed (guns, etc) guards or not?

Bhul chuk maaf

No, we had one drunk guy with some weapon inside the gurughar about a month ago and he was Punjabi and wanted to just take his revenge on someone. He was arrested and nobody was harmed since the weapon he brought was not  a gun and being intoxicated  backfired him. He was pumped up by elders in the house to kidnap a woman from gurdwara sahib. Smh

They kept him in mental hospital and then deported back to Punjab I think, hopefully he will do some inner work and realize controlling anger always serves a purpose. But no, I don't think any protection is around the gurughar that's why Wisconsin gurdwara went through pain.

He was pumped up by elders in the house to kidnap a woman from gurdwara sahib. Smh

What the heck! Kidnap!

But no, I don't think any protection is around the gurughar that's why Wisconsin gurdwara went through pain.

You know what bhen ji, I'm really surprised that more US Sikhs (especially the men) don't carry guns given the situation over there. By this I mean legally, like with a concealed weapon permit. 

I mean I've heard that red necks commonly have stockpiles of weapon at home. 

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

You know what bhen ji, I'm really surprised that more US Sikhs (especially the men) don't carry guns given the situation over there. By this I mean legally, like with a concealed weapon permit. 

Sikhs in US should definitely carry weapons, if legally allowed, for protection against hate crimes. Muslims should also follow likewise.

Bhul chuk maaf

9 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

What the heck! Kidnap!

Yea that's how my Bua put it, kuri chakan aaya see tut paina, changa hoyea hasptal ch jama karta. Lol

8 hours ago, paapiman said:

Sikhs in US should definitely carry weapons, if legally allowed, for protection against hate crimes. Muslims should also follow likewise.

Bhul chuk maaf

Naw Muslims should put it down, if they give up guns and suicide bombing, Sikhs won't have to carry guns. Most of the violence on Sikhs are under the misconception Americans have. If 911 would not have happened maybe things would have been different in America but oh well. Vaheguroo ji's khel. 

11 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

Naw Muslims should put it down, if they give up guns and suicide bombing, Sikhs won't have to carry guns. Most of the violence on Sikhs are under the misconception Americans have. If 911 would not have happened maybe things would have been different in America but oh well. Vaheguroo ji's khel. 

Sister, Muslims in US (wherever legally allowed) should carry weapons for protection against hate crimes. Innocent Muslims need protection too.

Sarbat da bhalla

Bhul chuk maaf