Blog: Vegruary- A month of vegetarianism

dalsingh101

DAY 24: 24/2/16

Been naughty.... ate a pack of Oreo cookies over the day. They were on sale for half price. Couldn't help myself. Having a lazy day. Spent a fair bit of the evening looking at vids on improving my writing. 

Also been eyeing up the garden in anticipation of growing stuff over summer. The good thing about that is you have a steady stream of vegetables to use, and they are easy to access. No shopping trips. Plus I KNOW for certain they are organic (well probably). I'm not sure about costs though. By the time you factor in how much you've spent on stuff like seeds, watering, maybe some compost, buying raised beds (which I'm planning on this year - Aldis has a sale on this stuff starting tomorrow if anyone is interested), it counts up. But, it does give you a sense of psychological and even spiritual well-being that can't be priced.

Not much to write about really. I'm realising that the blog is in serious danger of becoming snooze inducing in it's final throes. lol

That's all folks!

22 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

How's your diet going?

Yeh, same old same old..

Monday... cereal and banana in morning..greggs cheese an onion pasties for lunch.. dinner had saag with two roti(not buttered)

Tuesday.... cereal and fresh fruit juice i mixed in blender for morning... lunch greggs cheese an onion pasties.. dinner was roti with daal..

weds... cereal in morning with fresh juice again... pasta for lunch.. dinner had egg and chips with spagetti

now you prob get it when i said i'm a boring/not so fussy eater..lol

training is also going good but i've lost a lot of power..actually that's an exaggeration... about 25-30 percent (but that makes a big difference imo)..As i mentioned earlier im not a keen weight trainer but my cousin advised me to do kettlebell training to tone up and hopefully put a bit of power in me..this seem more me, so ill go argos or check online to buy some..

I actually feel like a khuchee (thats what us uk ppl call gujjratis) sometimes...lol..no offence to anyone just a joke..lol

Okay, im putting this vid up but it contains a lot, and i mean alot of swearing and alittle explicit x rated action (just some guy doin an action nothing really jiggy)...so not for the faint hearted.. so watch at your own peril..haha(i bet you're curious now)lol... watch out for the comment in first 20 secs;)..lol..(on serious note if someone is really offended i will delete this part of my post;))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzzOUrhg2Dk

on serious note if someone is really offended i will delete this part of my post;

Don't worry about it, that's been posted here before! lol Paul Chowdhury is funny!!

I actually feel like a khuchee (thats what us uk ppl call gujjratis) sometimes...lol..no offence to anyone just a joke..lol

megalol!! I hear that! Any minute now I'll be going out greeting people with "Ghemchey", and counting my money at night by candle light.....

What size kettle bell you going to get?

55 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

What size kettle bell you going to get?

I'm gonna get a set probably, il see what my cousins got as i might jack his..lol

i need to test out at cousins house to see exactly what i need,, but probably 8kg/10/ for upper body and something like 16/20 kg for lunges.. im also considering to get belt where you can hang a weight disk for chin ups (im not sure about this though)...

4 hours ago, samurai said:

Okay, im putting this vid up but it contains a lot, and i mean alot of swearing and alittle explicit x rated action (just some guy doin an action nothing really jiggy)...so not for the faint hearted.. so watch at your own peril..haha(i bet you're curious now)lol... watch out for the comment in first 20 secs;)..lol..(on serious note if someone is really offended i will delete this part of my post;))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzzOUrhg2Dk

omg I died laughing at this...literally

but sisters, you dont watch, its very crude but very funny...esp when he showed the gujju guy smacking mikelol

I just want to track my diet more carefully, cut down on rotis and try to get shredded lol.

I am looking to get my diet critiqued, and devise a more carefully planned diet. I am a beginner in this so not much experience. And it does take some effort to arrange the plate consciously, lets see how it goes. My goal is for next 2 months.

@dalsingh101@samurai

Any other fitness guys, feel free to jump in.

I find it appropriate to post it here, because this thread is health & diet related, and making better changes in lifestyle

11 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Personally, I'd say it's all a bit carb heavy myself (especially meal 2). You should've had either the potatoes or apples. Not both. 

Try and get a high protein, lowish carb breakfast to start the day with. 

Are you going to train as well? 

Gotta say, those aloo walay prontay look tasty......

33 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Personally, I'd say it's all a bit carb heavy myself (especially meal 2). You should've had either the potatoes or apples. Not both. 

Yes it does eh.

Yea I have been training on/off for last 8 months. But I plan to be more consistent this time. Heres my tentative routine.

- Mon: Chest, Triceps

- Tue:  Back, Biceps

- Wed: Squats

- Thu:  Shoulders, Triceps or Chest

- Fri:  Back rows or Pulls Up, Single Rows

- Sat: Squats

Need to fit in Abs workout somewhere.

35 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

Gotta say, those aloo walay prontay look tasty......

Yea they are def. yummy, no wonder I have gained 5 lbs or tiddi over last 2 months lol.

1 hour ago, Ragmaala said:

Yes it does eh.

Yea I have been training on/off for last 8 months. But I plan to be more consistent this time. Heres my tentative routine.

- Mon: Chest, Triceps

- Tue:  Back, Biceps

- Wed: Squats

- Thu:  Shoulders, Triceps or Chest

- Fri:  Back rows or Pulls Up, Single Rows

- Sat: Squats

Need to fit in Abs workout somewhere.

Yea they are def. yummy, no wonder I have gained 5 lbs or tiddi over last 2 months lol.

You using weights or body weight?

1 minute ago, dalsingh101 said:

You using weights or body weight?

I am using weights, started off with 25 lbs ( 11 kg) 8 months ago, now work in the range of 35 lbs - 45 lbs ( 15-20 kilos).

Trying to get a squat rack and an olympic bar at home, lets see how it goes. Trying to kick things up a bit . lol. Hopefully Maharaj does kirpa.

@Ragmaala.. i agree with dalsingh, your carb intake is pretty high especially seeing that your routine does not involve cardio of any sort..just a few suggestions..

as your not being consistent, instead of weight training every day..keep weights for mon/weds/fri..and tues and thurs do cardio/abs even something like skipping (5x3mins)...rest on weekends (or hit one or two mucles on a saturday)..its all bout quality not quantity..keep sessions short an sweet..

mon-chest/tris

weds-back/biceps

fri-legs and shoulder..

also another thing is  if you want you can do chest with biceps and do back with tris..as this way you will be working the muscle twice in a week.. This is what i did when i trained last year with cousin..

bro, you really got to tackle those pranteh man..lol..as hard as it may seem. are you still on six meals a day? 

with training it really is a mental thing. like for me when i train i go hard, especially with diet etc, but when im not training i eat so much crap aswell..lol an put on weight...had it not been for this veg diet i would be in peak now trying other things, but im glad i went on this diet..

bro u can do it, its a mental thing where its tough for about 2 weeks or so after that you will get that 'enjoying' feeling..its all about consistency and when your mind says 'not today' make that a battle where you have to train and win..lol

14 minutes ago, samurai said:

bro u can do it, its a mental thing where its tough for about 2 weeks or so after that you will get that 'enjoying' feeling..its all about consistency and when your mind says 'not today' make that a battle where you have to train and win..lol

really needed this.. in the meantime I will keep doing research about diet and how to improve it further...something is better than nothing. I need to cut rotian first lol. I have been on rotian since I was a kid , like 2 in morning 2 in afternoon 2 in evening, 6 rotis a day for last 20 years ...but since metabolism is starting to slow in late 20s have to be more careful. lol

I am not sure how many meals I am going to need, just started today.   Lets see how it goes. 

I am starving going to mash some sweet potato, lets see how long does that.

DAY 25: 25/2/16

Just finished a bit of all over weights (7 x light stiff leg deadlifts, 5 x weighted calve raises followed immediately by blank calve raises, 6 x preacher bi-curl with ez bar followed 3 sets of standing light dumbell burnouts, 5 sets of seated shoulder press with dumbbells).

I have to say that today has been the best session so far (on this diet) in terms of energy and completing reps! It near enough matched my meat performance.  Probably helped big time that I didn't train at all yesterday and maybe the extra carbs I've had from nibbling a few Oreo cookies throughout the day? Feel good about it. I still feel full of energy right now, which has been rare post-training. I could've done more but the battery on the speak I use to listen to tunes whilst I'm training, ran out. 

On the subject of cardio - I've notice my cardio training goes up in warmer weather. Maybe because you know you'll be wearing T shirts soon? lol

@Ragmaala

All through training I couldn't stop picturing your prontay with a nice fat, melting knob of butter on them. Seriously.

If you must eat prontay, eat them with a big bowl of low fat Greek yogurt as this has a half-decent protein content. 

Don't forget to hunt out some cottage cheese too. 

Learn to check the nutrient levels of how much carbs, protein and fat the food you buy has.

Need to fit in Abs workout somewhere. Yea they are def. yummy, no wonder I have gained 5 lbs or tiddi over last 2 months lol.

Balance your workouts out so that you do extra work on problem areas. If your weak/lagging in certain areas, put extra focus on those areas. Do more reps and longer sessions on them specifically.

Build up to having 'core days' where you focus on this alone (or mostly) for instance. 

I'm as guilty as the next person with trying to stick on a few minutes of abs at the end of workouts. We have to watch out for this very common phenomena! lol  

44 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

I have to say that today has been the best session so far (on this diet) in terms of energy and completing reps! It near enough matched my meat performance.

That's motivating man...i'm seeing improvements in terms of training but i do think, "what if i was eating meat"..lol

44 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

On the subject of cardio - I've notice my cardio training goes up in warmer weather. Maybe because you know you'll be wearing T shirts soon? lol

haha..yeh man.. plus its easier to sweat..

57 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Quick update meal 4 . Sweet potato.  

Lol@ paraunthe .  

Loving this thread so far. Good job.

image.jpeg

You need a big dollop of cottage cheese with that! Looks great!

28 minutes ago, Ragmaala said:

Meal 5 sandwich time. I think that's it for the day. Last meal would be a glass of chocolate milk with some almonds

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That bread is not whole grain. I can tell that. I don't know why Rotiyan are banned but you gonna eat these 4 breads( even if it's 100% whole grain or wheat, it's still not healthier than whole wheat Rotiyan. If it is, explain me how?. if you can't live without Rotiyan, eat it but use whole grain. Don't kill your rotiyan desires for these store bought bread. Roti is made by moms hand and these bread is made by rabb ji knows lol. Parantha should be banned unless it's gajjar wala then I am in lol

btw nice food pictures, they make me check this topic lol

11 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

That bread is not whole grain. I can tell that. I don't know why Rotiyan are banned but you gonna eat these 4 breads( even if it's 100% whole grain or wheat, it's still not healthier than whole wheat Rotiyan. If it is, explain me how?. if you can't live without Rotiyan, eat it but use whole grain. Don't kill your rotiyan desires for these store bought bread. Roti is made by moms hand and these bread is made by rabb ji knows lol. Parantha should be banned unless it's gajjar wala then I am in lol

btw nice food pictures, they make me check this topic lol

Apparently this bread is whole wheat. Well I am going to try this diet and see how it goes. Even bread is a temp measure. 

Trust me rotiyan might have lots of love...but they also show love in your belly.  Have you seen poor granthis and babas they have the love of rotiyan showing...after 30 your metabolism is not same to handle love of rotiyan lol

yea I will try whole grain..one step at a time