Spiritual Education in Sikhs

das

@das....Its commendable what you are doing and thinking. But as you mentioned karam, remember your children are also in their own karm and journey...what you are doing is fine but your concerns regarding their exposure to the world is something you really need to understand that its not about you but the karm of your child.. As a parent you hold a duty, but remember you also cared for yourself when your mother was in concern..same applies for your child..

Remember you are also going through your own karm and that involves how you deal with your children' s karam...does that make sense veereh..when you truly love someone its not about you, but letting that beloved express him or her self and accepting it..whatever it may be............

2 hours ago, Guest said:

thats a pretty nasty and unnecessary comment (and no i'm not a brahmin). 

legit brahmins do a lot of meticulous and hard work- have you ever seen how much thought and learning goes into a puja, havan etc

what is the point of doing nindya of other people and their dharams?

I was neither referring to Hindu Brahmin nor referring to Real Brahmin.........I was referring to the Fake/Scholar/Brahmin in the sense and it did include all the person from all religions. But I should be more explicit when writing something which could be read by anyone..........and I'm Sorry this time that it hurt someone. I've also changed the original post. Thanks for bringing this to the attention.

The real Brahmin is the one who knows the God and it has NOTHING to do with our wordly tagging system of Hindu Brahmin......same thing goes for the Sant word which someone might attach to Sikh religion, but in reality Sant and Brahmin is the same in the core sense..

ਬਬਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਜਾਨਤ ਤੇ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ॥

@das

I don't think you hurt anyone, I think Guest was just bringing more awareness into the use of the term.

Brahmin by definition means "real Brahmin". The fact that people use the word with negative connotations by default, says a lot about our degeneration of culture and its langauge, that we use an exalted term in a derogatory manner. It's like the recent trend in India of using 'Bhakt' in a derogatory manner.

The real Brahmin is the one who knows the God and it has NOTHING to do with our wordly tagging system of Hindu Brahmin.

Yes it very much does. ਬਬਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਜਾਨਤ ਤੇ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ ॥  this is the oldest definition of Brahmin, since the very beginning. One who by nature tries to obtain knowledge of God (and knowledge in general), is a Brahmin. So it also applies to those who have obtained it as mentioned here - ਬਬਾ ਬ੍ਰਹਮੁ ਜਾਨਤ ਤੇ ਬ੍ਰਹਮਾ - meaning those who know Brahm, are Brahm.

1 hour ago, BhagatSingh said:

@das

I don't think you hurt anyone, I think Guest was just bringing more awareness into the use of the term.

Brahmin by definition means "real Brahmin". The fact that people use the word with negative connotations by default, says a lot about our degeneration of culture and its langauge, that we use an exalted term in a derogatory manner. It's like the recent trend in India of using 'Bhakt' in a derogatory manner.

Yes, I understand that and that's the reason I apologized for using the terms in loose manner. I was wrong in using the term in wrong way, but that was not the intention. I'll be more careful in future.

On 2/16/2016 at 5:49 AM, das said:

We ourselves are also hopeless, we waste so much time in arguring about what we think is right interpretation of a religious concept. I feel that we're The assholes, good for nothing......anyways, 

Beautiful , heart touching  words LOL

There is basics of sikhi youtube channel, also movies by vismaad. Check out vismaads website. They have kids play place and free movies. Also there is a mool mantar book called step one or something,google it. And books about guru nanak dev ji called journey man by inder jit kaur. Also lots of resources by Sikhri.

11 minutes ago, Guest said:

There is basics of sikhi youtube channel, also movies by vismaad. Check out vismaads website. They have kids play place and free movies. Also there is a mool mantar book called step one or something,google it. And books about guru nanak dev ji called journey man by inder jit kaur. Also lots of resources by Sikhri.

Bhai sukha Singh ji's videos are awesome, I like his katha and information more than BOS.

• 8 months later...