Spiritual Master

MakhannaS

1 hour ago, MakhannaS said:

Do we need a spiritual teacher/Master to progress on spiritual journey?  

Bro, spiritual masters definitely help a person in his spiritual journey.

If you find none, then hold on tight to the feet of the Master of all masters and the King of all kings--

Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee Maharaaj

Bhul chuk maaf

That's fine, but don't you still think we need some sort of Master//Teacher to  show us how to put  theory  into practice?  For instance, do you think it is possible to become a chemist, a mathematician, a journalist or even a dancer by just reading books? Similarly, can one become a doctor, a lawyer, a teacher, just by reading books?  Do we need someone to elaborate on what the theory states? Do we not need someone to explain to us what the written word is trying to convey and show us how to apply it?

Spiritual path is a very difficult and lonely path and we certainly need someone to guide us and be with us when we are lost, lonely and totally desolate.  

Guest guest

Makhanna

why do you say 'we' 'us', when what you really mean is 'i' 'me'?  someone with firm faith would never submit to desolation.

also, isn't there a difference between believing you need a teacher, and actually needing one?  its a question of confidence, right?

the teacher won't even be able to have an effect if the student is poor.  if the student is excellent, the teacher won't even have to look after them.

as per your analogy alot of people do become mathematicians by just reading books (Fermat for one).

2 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bro, spiritual masters definitely help a person in his spiritual journey.

If you find none, then hold on tight to the feet of the Master of all masters and the King of all kings--

Dhan Dhan Dhan Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee Maharaaj

Bhul chuk maaf

Thank you so much for your. response.  I agree.

"People come and stop there for a long time, just to make up their mind to jump. This is why in the spiritual traditions, so much stress was always laid on the Guru-shishya relationship – the master-disciple relationship – is simply because if you have to take this jump you need deep trust in the Guru. 99.9% of the people need trust, otherwise they cannot jump. This is the reason why so much stress is laid on this relationship, because without trust, one will never take that jump."

3 hours ago, GurpreetKaur said:

I have been so Enlightened with these answers. Thank you guys :) 

You have advanced from "Om I am a big kid now" to

"Om Namo Yes"

The full mantra is-

ਨਮੋ ਹਾਂਜੀ ਕਹਿਣਾ
ਹਾਂਜੀ ਹੈ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਗਹਿਣਾ
ਜਿਵੇਂ ਫੁੱਲ ਰਵਿ ਨੂੰ ਵੇਂਦਾ
ਭਕ੍ਤ ਰੱਬ ਨੂੰ ਹਾਂਜੀ ਕਹਿੰਦਾ

11 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

ਨਮੋ ਹਾਂਜੀ ਕਹਿਣਾ
ਹਾਂਜੀ ਹੈ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਗਹਿਣਾ
ਜਿਵੇਂ ਫੁੱਲ ਰਵਿ ਨੂੰ ਵੇਂਦਾ

vah vah vah vah!

1 hour ago, shangrilla100 said:

Have you ever had any interactions with the Sufis?  Their Shaikhs do guide, listen and support their trainees throughout their journey, till they have merged with the Creator.  When they initiate their students it becomes the  Shaikh's responsibility to help and guide his student till he has merged with the Creator.  They take  their responsibilities very seriously!  They are responsible for helping the seeker to attain his goal.  I suggest you visit some of the dancing dervishes while they are 'sitting' and see for yourself the love and affection of a Shaikh towards his students.  It is so amazing!! This affection is mutual. It is the responsibility of the Shaikh to point out his student's weaknesses with constructive guidance!!

Look, if you are referring to the 'Datk night of the soul' then you definitely need a Master!  I read someone mention it so in my view you will find someone who can help you.

16 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

You have advanced from "Om I am a big kid now" to

"Om Namo Yes"

The full mantra is-

ਨਮੋ ਹਾਂਜੀ ਕਹਿਣਾ
ਹਾਂਜੀ ਹੈ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਗਹਿਣਾ
ਜਿਵੇਂ ਫੁੱਲ ਰਵਿ ਨੂੰ ਵੇਂਦਾ

I can't Listen to him, he talks so slow I feel sleepy but read his books.

whats bhakoo and rav?

1 hour ago, BhagatSingh said:

Ravi ਰਵਿ is sun. ਭਕ੍ਤ is Bhakt.

Listen to him while you are doing other things. It's worth it.

Just listened, now find it soothing. 

Why is it  Ravi, that's rav. I remember how much dant I got from my teachers back in India for not knowing the difference between the Matra.If Its before the letter then it's like aa sound, if it's behind then it's EE. Or am I losing my Punjabi?

I don't know why the website just log me off after every few minutes .:((

1 hour ago, BhagatSingh said:

Ravi ਰਵਿ is sun. ਭਕ੍ਤ is Bhakt.

Listen to him while you are doing other things. It's worth it.

Why is it  Ravi, that's rav. I remember how much dant I got from my teachers back in India for not knowing the difference between the Matra.If Its before the letter then it's like aa sound, if it's behind then it's EE. Or am I losing my Punjabi? 

1 hour ago, GurpreetKaur said:

" If Its before the letter then it's like aa sound, if it's behind then it's EE. "

O.O

Where in the penguin world did you get that from?

I am gona say it's more than just losing Punjabi...