Feedback from Guest and other members

SAadmin

We started a pilot project about a year ago to enable guest posting to allow guest members to be more engaged in discussions. We tried our very best to approve the messages on time and continue to approve messages on timely basis ...we will keep it open for now for new guests, but like to get feedback from regular guest posters if you guys will consider making a actual free account on here to post, its easier for you guys as  posts/topics will be available right away and it be lot easier for the volunteer sevadars as well to go through messages and approve them manually.

What you guys think?

I wouldn't mind registering but I tried to already and my security settings won't allow it.  If you do that please lower the security settings required for cookies and scripting. Or use a simpler forum which doesn't require them. Some sites have a simple version for mobiles etc that will work without security issues. But I work for a fairly large company who has tight security as I am a junior accountant for them and I am usually at work when I come by here and a few other sites. 

28 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

i have seen alot of guests posting really vile comments.  you mean to tell me your mods have been approving them all this time? 

Some of the posts were probably fell through the cracks, you and other members can help us  by registering- use the report feature in case we miss anything. Lets together make this place pleasant learning experience.

Guest guest

thanks for your response.  where is the report feature?  is it something avaliable to people with usernames?

i can understand if you cut off anonymous posting IN threads, but I would suggest/recommend that you allow anonymous users to START new threads.  people may come here with questions/issues looking for advice and want to remain anonymous.  i see people abusing the anonymous feature for responses but not so much for starting new threads.

Reporting feature can be utilized by registered members only...Yes guest posting are allowed to start both new threads and posting, will look into your suggestion on limiting guest posting to start a new thread only but the problem arise afterwards, what if guest -op have to reply back to the thread?

Sometimes people don't want to register because they see how much attacking others do on here if someone disagrees with them. Maybe some members also who do have accounts want to post anonymously because they fear if they say something controversial they will be attacked by other members and wont be one of the gang anymore. I have lurked here for over a year, and all I have seen are hatred and people being attacked.  I have seen several members leave because they were ganged up on so badly that they felt it was not a good place to have a sane discussion (sikh khoj I think and another) and I have seen the females be attacked constantly. Is this a Sikh forum for all Sikhs or just for certain sampradas because it seems anyone who disagrees with certain sampradas beliefs will be attacked maliciously until they leave.  I was not going to register but I did because I wanted to address this. This site looks anything but welcoming to new members.