SIKHISM AND GENDER EQUALITY

Guest Annya

5 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Also, even a Sikh kid knows that discrimination based on caste, is prohibited in Sikhism.

Hmm but discrimination based on gender is not prohibited?? 

(Paapiman won't see this as he blocked me.. Truth hurts...)  but discrimination is prohibited in Sikhism no matter what the basis. 

20 hours ago, Harjots8963 said:

If you want a better perspective on Damdami Taksaal's Rehat, read Gurbani Path Darpan. by Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale... You cannot continue to just use English translations...! 

You're fighting a lost cause if you want my dear asatkiran to learn Panjabi to further her understanding of Gurmat in it's original language. My darling can troll on her all day, every day, but make 1001 excuses on why she cannot learn Panjabi.

18 hours ago, Harjots8963 said:

This website has become more draining then beneficial, a pale image of it's past. Tbh, Providing little reason for me to remain. 

It went down ever since the feminazi inflicted herself on us over a year ago. The same drivel over and over, and over.

Look here's the evidence:

16 hours ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

being male I don't expect you to ever understand how it feels to be forced into the passive role doing all the menial things while the other gender gets to run everything. You feel like you are taken for granted and undervalued. And since this is religion we are talking about you feel like maybe our creator even thinks less of us. Women have been given the crap role in life in general. And then men go and make it worse by imposing limitations which have nothing to even do with gender. But they base it on your gender. You'll never know what it feels like to hear the words "sorry dear men only" which makes you feel like a piece of crap for being the gender you are. Men will never know what it's like to have any limitations.  Because Of male privilege. And don't even try to say that doing dirty jobs makes it equal. It doesn't. Someone mentioned sewer cleaner? How about wiping dirty asses all day long? Sewer cleaners at least get protective gear. When is the last time someone wore a respirator changing a diaper? Have you even smelled baby crap??? It's revolting and vomit inducing!! And careers have nothing to do with seva at the gurdwara anyway! 

5 hours ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

Harjot Ji you KNOW I can't speak Punjabi! It's not a matter of willing to read it. I can't physically read it without English translation. I would need someone to read it and tell me what it says.

@Harjots8963    18 years of learning about Sikhi (so my dear claims) and zero panjabi.

1 hour ago, CdnSikhGirl said:

The gurus were all the same one light. It was not a matter of choosing a human to be the next one. They were not human even though in human form. So it was never a matter of choosing someone and saying ok this person will do good as the next guru... No it was in fact one same light. This is why we also say tenth Nanak etc.

Can you imagine if a woman in that time made the statement that women deserved equal rights? They would have been laughed right back to the kicthen with the statement 'sure dear now make me my sammich' But no, the gurus in male form made the statement that women deserved equal treatment! Now the men would listen (too bad most of them forgot now). Same as a slave claiming they deserve freedom. It would never happen without a revolt. But a slave owner claiming slaves deserved to go free would be listened to. Or a low caste person claiming they deserve equal rights to a Brahmin but if a Brahmin made the same declaration.... See the difference? The message of equality for the lower levels has to come from the highest level in order to be taken seriously.... Message of women equality had to come from a male form for men to actually consider it. 

That is just a cop-out. Guru's were not humans. Were they aliens then?

Saying something is one thing, but you have to practice what you preach. If the Guru's made a statement that women deserved equal rights then then prrof would have been in making a woman Guru. Same a a slave -owner saying "slaves deserve freedom" but not freeing his slaves. It's just words unless it's put into practice.

@amardeep Are you going to allow this bs topic to descend into the cesspit a certain member has taken it to over the last year again?

6 minutes ago, Koi said:

Satkiran, are there any punjabi classes you could take where you are? I'm sure there's a ton of stuff on YouTube. ...

Come on @Koi Ask a serious question. Of course there is. I have learnt a good few words of Kurdish over the last 6 months from youtube.

Plus my darling asatkiran is an executive member of the gurdwara so she will be meeting Panjabi people on a regular basis.

5 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

Saying something is one thing, but you have to practice what you preach. If the Guru's made a statement that women deserved equal rights then then prrof would have been in making a woman Guru. Same a a slave -owner saying "slaves deserve freedom" but not freeing his slaves. It's just words unless it's put into practice.

you are saying the Gurus thought women were inferior and wanted them to be treated inferior? You really think women are beneath you? Try telling your own Mother that she is inferior to you! 

And you really need to stop being such an ass towards CdnSikhGirl.  No wonder she seems so disheartened with supposed Singhs like you saying that our Gurus thought of women as less than men.

are you taking lessons from my darling asatkiran? Guru's never gave women equal rights in EVERYTHING in Sikhi. Most, but 1 or 2 things, NO.

It has nothing to do with inferiority or superiority. Don't not use these words in your next post on this topic.

Just now, chatanga1 said:

are you taking lessons from my darling asatkiran? Guru's never gave women equal rights in EVERYTHING in Sikhi. Most, but 1 or 2 things, NO.

It has nothing to do with inferiority or superiority. Don't not use these words in your next post on this topic.

So then what things in Sikhi did the Gurus give to women that men dont have?  If rights are given to men that women dont have certainly there would be things to balance it out that women have which men dont? And dont say childbirth because that has nothing to do with religion. I mean in the religion. Because if rights were given to men more than women, then it very much does make a statement of superiority and preference. How are the women supposed to feel when the only reason they have these fewer less rights than you, is their gender (something they had no control over)?  Certainly seems like Waheguru is giving preference to some souls over others no? To be born in a male body is then a privilege while being born a female which already has hardships like childbirth is even less privileged with these fewer less rights in Sikhi.  

You really have to stop doing nindiya of people especially her. 

How do you explain the tuk CdnSikhGirl posted above?

As gurmukh look upon all with single eye of equality for in each and every heart the divine light is contained.  Are you gurmukh or manmukh? The choice is yours.

1 minute ago, chatanga1 said:

You're the admin. Delete the damn thing and watch out for any further topics started by men-hating feminazis.

what about the women hating chauvenistic sexist??  Those are ok?

Admins, please note that CdnSikhGirl posts are not in any way man hating. However this chatanga is very much woman hating, and in specific he is continually after CdnSikhGirl (satkirin?) and I don't think this should be allowed. She has not said anything to him.

• amardeep locked and unlocked this topic

You guys are going about in circles discussing things that have already been discussed hundreds of times here on the forum. Stop wasting each others time by repeating yourselves over and over again. I am locking this topic; if people wish to read about the subjects they can search into the earlier topics regarding female rights in Sikhi.

Edited by amardeep