ESSEN GERMANY

paganvegan

Mr Lindemann said the police were working on the assumption that the explosion was caused deliberately but that there are no indications it was a terrorist incident. 

How do they classify a terrorist incident???

Given what we are seeing I'd say that if the victims are white and the perpetrators nonwhite - then it is terrorism. Otherwise it's a gas pipe exploding....

when i first heard it was sulleh, my first reaction was 'naa mate'..cont be..but thinking about it, its irrelevant, as when sh1t hits uk (which it will, soon) no one cares..there's no 'one' enemy, just you against it..honestly. Seriously uk people start looking at the martial aspect of sikhi, not just the puppu hugging trees and lying on the grass in the park movement cos that aint gonna help you..seriously man ..its up to you though...

36 minutes ago, samurai said:

when i first heard it was sulleh, my first reaction was 'naa mate'..cont be..but thinking about it, its irrelevant, as when sh1t hits uk (which it will, soon) no one cares..there's no 'one' enemy, just you against it..honestly. Seriously uk people start looking at the martial aspect of sikhi, not just the puppu hugging trees and lying on the grass in the park movement cos that aint gonna help you..seriously man ..its up to you though...

I have to say, young brothers are training these days, but I think it's mostly for the girls, they aren't really on the warrior flex. 

And you're right, when things go pear shaped you end up will all manner of fudhus stepping up to you, goray, sullay, even kallay (I notice a lot of gorian are jumping on BBC as some sort of bodyguards these days).   

I say just keep training and keep your own network strong, when I've talked about apnay training and being being 'ready' to some of our lot and their families, a few of them start to 5hit themselves. megalol!!

The people who are clued up,  know what is going on right now - as for those who are a sleep  - we can't do much about them. Some people are plain incapable of ever stepping up when things get hot. Simple. 

Guest sikhkhoj

just like the sikhs of delhi gave all importance to luxurious lifestyles and laughed at bhai jarnail singh bhindranwales suggestion of arming themselves. they later suffered badly in the massacres.

the few who did have weapons saved themselves.

same will happen when things worsen in the uk and europe.

In my opinion ...When things get hot , i dont think knowing martial arts will help greatly , maybe one on one or a group , yes but on this scale here not knowing who will attack , how they will attack and with what weapons.

IF we look at the bigger picture 

a) will the UK government allow us to train in warfare , hold weapons say in our gurudawara ?

b) Do we have the intelligence organisations who constantly monitor for attacks . DO we put more pressure on the government asking them to protect our gurudawaras , protect the sangat when we hold large SMAGAMS

c) Where do we get the training from ? Do we join the army ? Do we look for the sangat who know about warfare and get them to make us more vigilant and alert

If we do all this behind doors are we then seen / labelled as terrorists , even though the aim is to defend the whole of humanity.

d) Do we create pockets of neighbourhood waleh , whose aim is to report any news , events that could have an impact on our Gurudawara.

I think the key is getting information out there making the people more alert and vigilant and if the shit does hit the fan , we know who to call other than the Police.

Guest Chimtta

Stop thinking so negative and start uniting.  Make everyone aware of this and take action.  This awareness can be awakened in the Gurdwaras everywhere.  We need our community to be ready to help each other and not stand aloof like the Eiffel Tower and ignore others' suffering.  Be ready to intervene especially if it's is Sikh brother or sister, old or young!

In my opinion ...When things get hot , i dont think knowing martial arts will help greatly , maybe one on one or a group , yes but on this scale here not knowing who will attack , how they will attack and with what weapons.

It's bigger than that. It's about having physically and mentally strong Sikhs (especially but not solely the men) who are increasingly becoming weak in both body and mind.

It's not about actively preventing attacks that can take place at any time at any place. It's about dealing with the aftermath of these.  

Put simply, if some people were to angrily attempt to avenge some theoretical heinous terrorist attack and target Sikhs because of mistaken identity or just because they don't like Sikhs/foreigners, having hordes of strong tough men about will send a strong dissuasive message, as opposed to having a bunch of out of shape or undernourished weaklings - that look like sitting ducks. It's not complicated. Plus there is the health factor to work in as well. A lot of our people are well out of shape.

We need to resurrect the aspect of our culture where the majority aspire to be physical strong and are clued up to potential threats against us. Terrorists are going to do what they are going to do - we just have to be ready for the after effects. 

when I've talked about apnay training and being being 'ready' to some of our lot and their families, a few of them start to 5hit themselves

Mega lol followed with a mega smh....

@DSG I dont think its going to be a war with tanks etc..lol.. Just take yourself back to the london riots (which spread all over) now times that by 100.. Now this could last weeks.. but this period is gonna be bad..the average joey is also predicting this..matter of time.

With martial arts training you are in a much better position to protect yourself and family. Doesnt mean your gonna become superman but you will be in a position to take out multiple people..remember most street fighters and trouble makers are not trained fighters but they are more willing to stick something in you, so again training how to deal with knife attacks etc holds you in better sted then if you didnt train.. You can get training from sangat at your local gurdwara, im sure someone has done some sort of training..or learn from family/friends..my cuz has done bjj for years.. so i just ask him to teach me basic locks and ground work (not much effort at all)

At gurdwareh there should be peredar..so when there is a function or whatever mans should be outside being vigilant. Im sure in maharajs time as the sangat were getting bliss from kirtan etc there were warriors guarding the fort..some people get anand out of this aswell..

Guest Judge Sahib

Empty talks again.  This will get you nowhere.  What happened to the huge protests that took place in London last year?  None of the mainstream media reported it! In fact, all anyone could see was the brave police mounted on unfortunate horses trapped in 84 lak junes! My main worry was how to help free these helpless horses from their 84 lak junes they have found themselves in.  Poor things.

On 22 April 2016 at 7:18 PM, Guest Judge Sahib said:

Empty talks again.  This will get you nowhere.  What happened to the huge protests that took place in London last year?  None of the mainstream media reported it! In fact, all anyone could see was the brave police mounted on unfortunate horses trapped in 84 lak junes! My main worry was how to help free these helpless horses from their 84 lak junes they have found themselves in.  Poor things.

Meaning?

I dont think its going to be a war with tanks etc..lol

You never know ... tanks, machine guns, chemical weapons , rockets .... commando style .....Its good to know some form of martial arts but  I cant see the average householder especially the elderly showing the culprits their moves " ter lah puth ek mukha set fayre key ... meh ready nee see   LOL Wait my son , throw your punch again i wasnt ready " , I think more like they will be hoping someone comes to their rescue or can be called upon or at least know how to deter the enemy without actually physically engaging with them.

In the London riots , the sikhs got together , there was a sense of unity ... i think that it is what we need , something in place where all come together.  I agree with Dalsingh that its more of a mental game , being strong mentally .

1 hour ago, DSG said:

In the London riots , the sikhs got together , there was a sense of unity ... i think that it is what we need , something in place where all come together.  I agree with Dalsingh that its more of a mental game , being strong mentally .

Being mentally strong whilst being physically weak doesn't cut it either. 

Every last Sikh man should be training unless they have some medical excuse. 

I don't think there was that much unity, in fact i think it was exaggerated, especially with the southall gurdwara protection unit going worldwide. Many, i mean many panjabis/sikhs were too afraid to go to their local gurdwara/streets and help out, now that is cool if your intention was to keep an eye on your house and family, but in most cases it was fear. The southall boys held it up, fair play, but what didnt hit the news was that there were alot of apneh houses broken into and robbed in ealing. (so lesson to be learnt here)

If you believe in sant/sipahi, then as well as your spiritual development you should really work on your physical development too, be the best you can in both. 

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe these kids would do this......brainwashed or what. 

EssenAttack.jpg

Germany: 3rd Suspect Arrested Over Sikh Temple Blast

Police say they have arrested a third suspect over an explosion last month at a Sikh temple in the German city of Essen.

Police said the male suspect was arrested in Essen on Wednesday evening but gave no further details. They said in a statement that investigators are still working to clear up "the events and structures" behind the bombing.

Three people were wounded in the blast April 16, one of them seriously. Regional officials have said that the two 16-year-old suspects already arrested sympathized with the Islamic State group and one of them had been in a violence prevention program aimed at Islamic extremists.

Essen police chief Frank Richter has called the attack an act of terror.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/germany-3rd-suspect-arrested-sikh-temple-blast-38883751