Do hallucinogens eg mushrooms, lsd, salvia, and dmt affect your naam kamaee t all?

ImSoSikh

Just now, ImSoSikh said:

Do hallucinogens affect naam kamaee

gurbani/ rehatnamas clearly state that drugs should not be taken under any circumstances unless medical. If u r taking hallucinogens for non-medical reasons I am sure they would affect ur kamai. First of all, the ill effects of hallucinogens don't make u wanna do bhagti even if u do, u probably can't sit there for long, as u might feel nauseous.

sorry if I hurt anyone unintentionally.

• 2 weeks later...

For true hallucinogens, the experiences generated would be false (hallucinations of the physical brain) so of course they would be detrimental. 

But DMT is a little bit more interesting. First of all, it's not actually a drug per say. It's produced in your own brain, and released in small amounts every night when you sleep and is believed to be partly responsible for dream imagery but it gets more interesting. It's released in huge amounts only twice in your life, at birth, and at death. One has to ask why. 

One doctor who researched it extensively believes it's the 'spirit molecule' and is the link between the physical body and nonphysical world. People who volunteered in his study described experiences which all seemed to suggest a feeling of having the veil of the physical lifted away and they could connect with, and see the truth and not only connect with it, but feel one with it. You can read his book here for free:
http://www.organiclab.narod.ru/books/DMT-The-spirit-molecule.pdf

Note that I am not in any way suggesting to experiment with it as it is illegal in many areas, and not enough is known about it. But just wanted to mention it's interesting and is believed to be what those who are in deep meditative states who have powerful experiences, this is the chemical they are causing to be produced in the brain by their deep meditation. So it's not just a drug creating fake hallucinogenic imagery but could be a piece of the puzzle as to how our physical body can interact with whats beyond the physical.  In any case the research in the book is quite interesting.

Just a quick reply to what jasperS wrote,

I feel that a hallucination causing substance or something that makes your body produce higher volumes of said substance should not be used as a short cut to reach that deep meditative state he mentioned, as I think the whole process and time taken to reach that state of mind must play a vital role in a person's under standing of the "vision".

Sorry if I have offended anybody due to my ignorance.

WJKK WJKF

DMT is apparently present in naam amrit.. It is produced internally and is the "soma" that drips from pineal gland.

I've learned quite a lot about it from my own endogenous experiences and have been in discussions with some people that are both spiritual and know more about some it's deeper actions.  Needless to say, I do have my own explanations and theories that have only been affirmed over time.  This area of study has been extremely interesting and I have been amazed at how much truth it really holds.

1 minute ago, Guruka Sikh said:

Just a quick reply to what jasperS wrote,

I feel that a hallucination causing substance or something that makes your body produce higher volumes of said substance should not be used as a short cut to reach that deep meditative state he mentioned, as I think the whole process and time taken to reach that state of mind must play a vital role in a person's under standing of the "vision".

Sorry if I have offended anybody due to my ignorance.

WJKK WJKF

No you haven't offended, because I now know that these people who try take it with "cheat' intentions mostly end up experiencing lower and middle world realms. Only a few have ever got to any higher realms and that's only with deep meditative practice in conjunction. Over 50% have had negative and threatening experiences with jamdoots etc. 

6 hours ago, Lucky said:

No you haven't offended, because I now know that these people who try take it with "cheat' intentions mostly end up experiencing lower and middle world realms. Only a few have ever got to any higher realms and that's only with deep meditative practice in conjunction. Over 50% have had negative and threatening experiences with jamdoots etc. 

I find it very fascinating. While I don't think that DMT would help anyone who doesn't already have spiritual practice and discipline, I think a natural way to increase levels may help someone who already has had some progress in that area. Did you see the movie based on the book?

10 hours ago, JasperS said:

I find it very fascinating. While I don't think that DMT would help anyone who doesn't already have spiritual practice and discipline, I think a natural way to increase levels may help someone who already has had some progress in that area. Did you see the movie based on the book?

I haven't seen the movie but I shall try and make some time soon.  I have spoken to a few guys who have extensive knowledge on the subject but I don't really want to say too much on an open forum.  I have my own understandings and have also put two and two together for many topics that fall in line with spiritual ascension in sikhi along with experiences. 

While I don't think that DMT would help anyone who doesn't already have spiritual practice and discipline,

Definitely. It can go completely the other way and take you towards the pits of lower hells if your consciousness levels has been declining constantly from the moment your umbilical cord was cut. Only naam dhan can raise you and that is all that matters at the moment of death.

DMT (as God intended), has to be earned endogenously through naam kamaayee.. This is the only guarantee that you shall have confirmations of mukhti.

22 hours ago, Lucky said:

lucky ji what is the experience like? I m very curious to know. I find stuff about realms, jamdoots, etc. really interesting. : )

unexplainable,, and you won't find anything if you go looking for it.  All degrees of attainment occur with pure sacrifice and zero intention of looking for something.. So, you really don't wanna  pre-program any conditions subconsciously.

I have never sat down with any pre-determined intentions. I just let it be... I try not to research or look to what other people experience, because this can easily become a road-block.  I have only researched and looked for correct techniques and jugtees to get to next stage. Only after some experience, I look for a form of guidance to help confirm and clarify my approach.

I never do any ardas for material gains, I only ever ask for forgiveness and strength. With time I have learned to differentiate between my own Mind and Atma.  We are Mind, Body and Soul.     However, we let Mind be the master of Soul and run the whole show.  Idea is to tap into your atma by 'stilling' the mind, and then letting the Atma be the master of mind instead. This is when you are in pure Gurmat and pure HUKAM.

For eg, I know a few seekers who spend more than 2 hours a day doing simran and have done it for a few years. They complain and get frustrated that nothing has happened and they feel that nothing has been gained with all efforts and hours..   I realise that it's the attitude and intention, which is the root of their own problem. They are letting Mind be the master instead of trying to control it.......they have intentions that are conditional......their Inner conditions ask God for spiritual rewards in return for their efforts........ their Mnd's calculations are the hindrance.... this is Man-mat.     "Surrender". "sacrifice",, "balihaarey" ..is what they should do with the mind

• ਬਲਿਹਾਰੀ ਕੁਦਰਤਿ ਵਸਿਆ  Balihārī kuḏraṯ vasiia    (I am a sacrifice to the pervading almighty)

Handng over your mat to the lord is no easy thing,  The significance of amrit sancher is based on this surrender. But you've got to keep trying and dhyia-ing  the  gurmantar until you start drowning in it's love.

• 1 month later...

The use of drugs including hallucinagens is a bajjar kurhait. so yes it would affect naam kamai. Also, there is a limit in how much these things can help a person spiritually. If you have not taken Amrit, you may gain some benefit through their use with a qualified guide, but within our dharm it is forbidden. To violate the rules for discipline in a dharm is very serious.