Falling asleep whilst meditating

Just now, Sat1176 said:

I came across this link a few days ago and thought it would be worthwhile sharing it here as I know it has come up a few times before in various discussions.

http://blog.mindvalleyacademy.com/mind/ever-fallen-asleep-while-meditating

does that have any relation with Samadhi?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/01/2017 at 11:52 PM, Sat1176 said:

I came across this link a few days ago and thought it would be worthwhile sharing it here as I know it has come up a few times before in various discussions.

http://blog.mindvalleyacademy.com/mind/ever-fallen-asleep-while-meditating

pUjw krY sBu loku sMqhu mnmuiK Qwie n pweI ]4] (910-7)
poojaa karai sabh lok santahu manmukh thaa-ay na paa-ee. ||4||
Everyone worships Him, O Saints, but the self-willed manmukh is not accepted or approved. ||4||

sbid mrY mnu inrmlu sMqhu eyh pUjw Qwie pweI ]5] (910-8)
sabad marai man nirmal santahu ayh poojaa thaa-ay paa-ee. ||5||
If someone dies in the Word of the Shabad, his mind become immaculate, O Saints; such worship is accepted and approved. ||5||

• 1 month later...

I asked the specific question to Yogi Amardeep Singh and got the following response.

Question: Is Shunya being awake and aware with no thoughts or when you loose full awareness like deep sleep?

Response : Shunya is being awake and aware but there are no thoughts in the mind. In this stage you exist still as the witnesser. When one totally dissolves and there is not even any awareness left, this is called Maha-Shunya. (The Great Void)

4 hours ago, Jasdeep Singh said:

I am not hijacking the topic or something but just wanted to ask today i was meditating on waheguru and while doing so i felt a presure on the right  side of my chest it was not exactly suffocating ... can somebody help me understand this?

Cramp like?

7 hours ago, Jasdeep Singh said:

Yea you can say that , but it didnt pain like a cramp but yea like somebody griped something from inside there .

Sorry no idea. Might be just a muscle spasm or something medical related. Monitor the situation and if it occurs at other times during the day you may want to go and have it checked out by a doctor.