What is the oldest recorded katha or keertan we have?

Sajjan_Thug

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2018 at 3:33 AM, chatanga1 said:

From my recollection the recording of katha /kirtan started with Sant Gurbachan Singh and Sant Ishar Singh Ji around the 1960s. Someone gave the Taksal a tape recorder and from then on the katha was recorded. Haven't heard anything before the 1960s.

The earliest kathas are from the 1950s.  Some people say Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji Bindranwale did katha of entire Dasam Granth but the Taksal doesn't want to release it yet, is this true, anyway we can find out?  Also, some of the kathas of Baba Gurbachan Singh Ji have been lost and the originals can't be found.

43 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

From what Kam told me there was a lot of katha by Sant Gurbachan Singh at Chowk Mehta all recorded on spools. However because material like this needed to be kept in certain conditions a lot of it got ruined and unable to use.

Waheguru thanks for posting this information veer ji as i didn't know this. 

Plus i do remember Bhagat Jaswant Singh Ji did make all the recording which are online using the avilable resources at the time in the 1960s as they did seva of setting up the mic stand etc. 

These recordings were later converted into mp3s i think under Baba Thakur Singh Ji and posted online.