Where do we come from?

I am a bit curious about how our religion says humans came to be... Do we beleive in evolution? Do we support science? Is there a story like the aborigionals in North america about the turtle or the adam and eve story in sikhi? I am just curious! THanks a bunch! :)! ssa

generally gurbani doesnt concern itself with such topics as it is focussed on praise of god.

however there are a number of hints.

there is a shabad which describes creation of the universe. it says that god created gas, and from gas came water. (this is inline with big bang and creation of planets.) then it says from water came all life - ie we all evolved from the water.

there is a line in the granth which has been translated literally as "he himself directs the evolution of this world" and the concept of creation sustaining destruction also fits in with this.

from this science is 100percent inline with gurbani, and there are plenty of other passages like talking of the egg and sperm etc which no other holy book mentions (they think its "congealed blood" which makes a baby lol)...i havent given any page references but there was a topic on creation of the world a while ago that you could search for giving page references.

We come from God and we'll return to God

This line very deep if you think about it. I can get few lines out of it i guess..

First our soul was created when the earth was created....so we come from god..

Every being/soul out there has to merge with vaheguroo...it can take million years or 1000 yrs to merge depending on your past karamic influences and your growing seed of spirtual enhancment. :D

I m not sure if i m right...lalleshwari is that somewhat accurate ?? what you think??

EVOLUTION IS SCIENTIFIC TTHEORY

as most people know

Sikhism..is a Scientific religion ( in other words, science can't deny anything Sikhism claims similarly..

these following post was taken from FAIthfreedom where MI (Mission Impossible) who also is in Sikhawareness.

He wrote the following:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear people,

Sikhism supports evolution, something which every major religion opposes, especially the Semitic ones! Here are the quotes from the SGGS which support evolution!

"The Lord Himself directs the evolution of the world" - SGGS p. 721

"Shattering and breaking apart, He creates and re-creates; creating, He shatters again. He builds up what He has demolished, and demolishes what He has built." - SGGS, p. 936

"Nights, days, weeks and seasons; wind, water, fire and the nether regions—in the midst of these, He established the earth as a home for Dharma. Upon it, He placed the various species of beings. Their names are uncounted and endless." - SGGS p. 8

"There are beings and creatures in the water and on the land, in the worlds and universes, form upon form." - SGGS, p. 467

There are plenty more quotes, please download the SGGS at: http://www.geocities.com/sikhismnow and see for yourself. Thanks.

Kind Regards,

MI

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess :

"Nights, days, weeks and seasons; wind, water, fire and the nether regions—in the midst of these, He established the earth as a home for Dharma. Upon it, He placed the various species of beings. Their names are uncounted and endless." - SGGS p. 8

is the quote KHalsa Souljah was talking about :o? :roll:

SIKHS RULE :twisted: :LOL:

thanxxxxx so much for everyones imput!!! i understand a bit better, but how do we know if this is all true?? i mean you never really knowwwwwwww!!! science is basically theory in a way.i dunno i think toooo much sometimes! don't get me wrong im like a MAJOR SCIENCE NERDD but im juz curious as i said before! and there are many questions that have no answers....