Why Punjab always votes Congress?

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/punjab-chief-minister-amarinder-singh-thanks-people-for-party-victory-2042845

I am not familiar with Punjab politics but came across this after news of Modi's monumental victory in the elections was all over the internet.

Realized that while many states totally rejected Congress(14states), Punjab gave 8 seats to Congress.

My question is why? After 84 I'm surprised this party even exists in Punjab.

Are Sikhs in Punjab being threatened to support Congress or are they suffering from Stockholm Syndrome? Or are they intoxicated as usual by Madam "Gandhi's" wrinkled gori bonde?

Why doesn't Punjab have a local party in Power? Look at tamil nadu where the local party DMK won big.

Again I'm not familiar with Punjab politics and would like input from those who have a better understanding of this topic.

To call Punjab politics a quagmire is a understatement of monumental proportions. 

The real question might be: Is it self inflicted if people stubbornly refuse to rise above clannish mentalities, or are easily buyable with bottles of whiskey and whatnot? 

On 5/26/2019 at 10:10 AM, Jageera said:

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/punjab-chief-minister-amarinder-singh-thanks-people-for-party-victory-2042845

I am not familiar with Punjab politics but came across this after news of Modi's monumental victory in the elections was all over the internet.

Realized that while many states totally rejected Congress(14states), Punjab gave 8 seats to Congress.

My question is why? After 84 I'm surprised this party even exists in Punjab.

Are Sikhs in Punjab being threatened to support Congress or are they suffering from Stockholm Syndrome? Or are they intoxicated as usual by Madam "Gandhi's" wrinkled gori bonde?

Why doesn't Punjab have a local party in Power? Look at tamil nadu where the local party DMK won big.

Again I'm not familiar with Punjab politics and would like input from those who have a better understanding of this topic.

Because secretly Lot of sikhs are still in deep.love with congress .You can go to social media and see how sikhs are part of pro congress groups. They are just dying to pass blame to RSS and BJP for events of 80s.

15 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

Because secretly Lot of sikhs are still in deep.love with congress .You can go to social media and see how sikhs are part of pro congress groups. They are just dying to pass blame to RSS and BJP for events of 80s.

Lol.

I've read a few articles too by so called Sikh "liberal intellectuals" who were portraying Modi's election victory as the end of days for minorities.

Look at west bengal with mamta banerji ruling with her invincible party there.

And then look at Punjab where "captain" Amarinder Singh needs to ask Master Rahul's permission to get rid of Navjot Singh.

https://www.indiatoday.in/elections/lok-sabha-2019/video/captain-amarinder-singh-asks-rahul-gandhi-to-choose-between-him-or-navjot-singh-sidhu-1533633-2019-05-24

On 5/30/2019 at 12:00 PM, Jageera said:

Lol.

I've read a few articles too by so called Sikh "liberal intellectuals" who were portraying Modi's election victory as the end of days for minorities.

Look at west bengal with mamta banerji ruling with her invincible party there.

And then look at Punjab where "captain" Amarinder Singh needs to ask Master Rahul's permission to get rid of Navjot Singh.

https://www.indiatoday.in/elections/lok-sabha-2019/video/captain-amarinder-singh-asks-rahul-gandhi-to-choose-between-him-or-navjot-singh-sidhu-1533633-2019-05-24

I can't keep up with the u-turns of apnay 'politics' - so only God knows how a simple minded pendu from back home could!??!

One year congress is the villain, then there is paranoia about RSS/BJP infiltration, then Badal's AD are the booze (and let's be honest all manner of drugs) distributing 'Sikh religious party'. 

Apnay bewakoof's voting congress shouldn't really shock those of us who have even a half decent grasp of Sikh ithihaas. Look at how 'geniuses' amongst apnay took Jallianwala Bagh (which was essentially a massacre of innocent unarmed civilians), and then a short while after jumped in droves to fight goray's wars for them in europe in ww2. What masterclass strategic moves those were.......