Why don't we just BUY a Sikh state?

Freedom Fighter

Dear All,

I was just looking back at some history and found that it may be possible to buy some land from some large country and then set up our own free state! For example, did you know that Alaska was actually a part of Russia until the 19th century when they SOLD it to the USA for a mere $7 million! Instead of building all these Gurdwaras all over the place, why not set up a Sikh Homeland Fund which will be a chariatable organisation collecting donations from Sikhs world wide until it has enough to make a serious offer to some country for buying land and sovereignty to set up a free Sikh nation. This is 100% legal and can be done if we try, please let me know what you think, yeah I know it's not the same as having a free Punjab but hey, it's a start right? We can do what the Jews did and buy land (Israel) and have our freedom from "India" at least. Free immigration to ALL Sikhs worldwide regardless of race/culture (but NO immigration to anyone else unless they can make a substantial economic contribution to the country or convert to Sikhism - obviously the natives of the country/land we purchase would be exempt and can practice their religion/culture freely). There will zero taxes and worldwide banking, financial, IT services etc. like Switzerland (which is a land-locked country even richer than the USA! So this proves that even a land-locked free Punjab would do just fine!). It would be modeled on a modern democratic European country but based on Sikhism. The country does not have to be very big but it would have to support at least a few thousand people (Sikhs as well as natives). It would be an excellent country and would be a SAFE HAVEN for ALL Sikhs if and when they are ever in danger... It would be like starting again! This is a realistic way we could actually get something done, we could even join the United Nations and the Sikhs would finally have a voice on the world stage where we can expose "India's" lies and crimes against humanity and the whole world will listen!!! We have plenty more ideas, including even building an artificial island which can be later declared a free state, this too is 100% legal! Japan recently built a massive airport in the Japan SEA! There are so many rich Sikhs and Gurdwaras we could get help from, so please consider what I have said seriously... Here are some other new states recently created or being created:

http://www.angelfire.com/nv/micronations/n...newcountry.html

SEALAND - Excellent case of a newly created state! (and an artificial structure too!)

http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/tech/Da...land000606.html

What do you guys think? Thanks,

Freedom Fighter

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the simple reply, freedom fighter, is that that answer is just way too simple.... the power hungry sikhs who strive for the answer don't like simplicity..they have to make things as impossible and difficult as they can....it makes them look better that way. the more logical the solution, the less attention they pay to it...sad but true

well about a sikh country... that sounds really weird! There are more sikhs around the world then in india itself. IT makes sense to be ambasadors to the sikh religion then to seperate ourselves from the world and live on our own. We all know whats happend to isreal, and what is still happening there. I think it very unlogical to make a sikh state. why not just improve in our way of life around the world, and make it safer for everyone else to live in. Sikhs should learn to prosper with other cultures, religions and languages.

Just some thoughts, it was very daring and interesting of you to voice your opinion!

one love

Altough i agree its a good feeling to call something ur Home, but sadly we can't take our Guru's houses with us. What will happen to the Gurdwaras.

What will happen to Sikhi when this place is built? Indian Agents will join us under the guise of sikh appeance and our dreamland will be ruined.

So It sounds good but its definatly not the way to go.

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

First of all, no nation on earth is going to sell their land to the Sikhs so that there can be an independent 'Sikhistan' or 'Khalistan'.

Even if they did manage to buy land for a new country, it is likely that after the land has been bought the Sikhs who bought the land would be bankrupted and unable to provide and fund stable social institutions, government, economy, army, food surplus, electricity, sanitation etc etc etc

Sure, its good to dream, but its better to live in the real world and be realistic.

Also, please, i am pleading to every Sikh to open your eyes and understand that Punjab is not exclusive property to Sikhs or any other religiou group. If you deny this fact you will never be satisfied or understand that Sikhs are a religious group that can come from any nation, culture and any race and that the Punjabis are a race and culture that can belong to any faith he or she choose to follow.

Punjab is for the Punjabis, of all faiths.

Learn to separate Sikhism from Punjabiyat and im sure you will find that your thoughts are no longer twisted and distorted in regards to Punjab and its history.

If you love Punjab and want an independent Punjab then fight in the name of Punjabiyat and fight for ALL Punjabis. If you only fight for a Punjab for just the Sikhs you have already lost.

i have an idea which may work even better,

lets not make sikhi "kachee" (brittle). We have many gurdwara's, we have comittees, we have langar etc etc....

why don't we expand this!!!!

instead of setting up gurdwara's and focusing on that, as most are empty anyway why don't we recreate everything in the spirit of sikhi? bhain kanaiya was a sevapanthi/sikh (whatever) but he took guru ji's message and blew people's minds! why don't we stack up on non-perishable food items and start sending them out to impoverished countries. Why don't we take the spirit of the guru's and start spreading love. Instead of opening up another gurdwara, with another "sikh" class to tell all kids to grow their hair, why don't we put out pamphlets to discuss the great feats of our guru's. Why don't we set up organizations (teaching, psychological etc etc.. and then work by working through the larger communities)? why don't we offer ourselves to the UN. Sikhs should be the humanitarian's ideal. We are in an everchanging environment, we should retain our past for heritage and inspiration but create the future through action.

let us realise why people don't want to be associate with sikhs.... first, we are considered by ourselves to be money hungry and after power (guru ji said this about every human.. its an affliction)...what doesn't help is having uncles knocking back the beers and discussing how bad the gurdwara politics are while asking their kids to fetch them ice for their whisky. My point isn't to sit there and bash non-practicising sikhs, but to look at what we can do to better ourselves, our households and then the rest of the world. Guru sahib empowered poets, warriors, scholars, sportspeople, businesspeople, philanthropists. As sikhs, we should do that and the next thing you'll know; sikhs have made the whole world their home. We we fill be focusing on "gun", fighting "avgun", and in the process, merging with "nirgun" through "sargun"...... all in sahej.

Personally, I like everything about the punjabi culture. The modern day sikh culture to me seems to be a mirage/projection of the political aspect of punjabi culture. The lack of "right" focus is holding us back.....

lets build virtue and live in that culture :).

sat sri aakaaaaaaaaal

instead of setting up gurdwara's and focusing on that, as most are empty anyway why don't we recreate everything in the spirit of sikhi? bhain kanaiya was a sevapanthi/sikh (whatever) but he took guru ji's message and blew people's minds! why don't we stack up on non-perishable food items and start sending them out to impoverished countries. Why don't we take the spirit of the guru's and start spreading love. Instead of opening up another gurdwara, with another "sikh" class to tell all kids to grow their hair, why don't we put out pamphlets to discuss the great feats of our guru's. Why don't we set up organizations (teaching, psychological etc etc.. and then work by working through the larger communities)? why don't we offer ourselves to the UN. Sikhs should be the humanitarian's ideal. We are in an everchanging environment, we should retain our past for heritage and inspiration but create the future through action.

I believe that only by doing the above we will achive Khalsa Raj, Khalsa will rule the hearts and minds of people not a piece of land.

If u touch someone's heart, they will remember u for ever. So we should like mentioned int he above post, spend less money on gurdwaras and more money on less fortunates.

Guest BikramjitSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Just a few of my thoughts on the subject.

1. FYI of Lallesvari and Punjabi Nationalist, please read freedom fighter's post more carefully then you wouldn't have gone off on a tangent. He's not saying that we buy a country the size of England or one of the states of the US, he means a small area or even an island. There are islands that are for sale in many parts of the world. Richard Branson brought one a few years ago for a few million pounds. Lallesvaris comment about the country sale at Tesco just shows the lengths that some will go to try and make a joke out of a serious post. I suppose when one doesn't have much knowledge of the subject but chooses to comment none the less than one has to use humour to make up for the deficiency of knowledge on the subject.

2. Amardeep Singh. I don't think that Freedom Fighter is advocating the creation of a country which will allow all Sikhs to migrate there. There will always be Sikhs in most of the countries of the world as well as Punjab. Buying even a small island the size of say one of the Chunnel Islands would be adequate to allow Sikhs to have a seat in the UN. Rather than a solution to Sikh demands for sovereignity, this country would become a voice for the Sikhs around the world.

3. Lil' Princess after what happened in 1984 I am surprised that you think that a Sikh country sounds weird. I am sure that the british in the 1770's thought a United States of America also sounded weird.

4. Drawof. Noble sentiments but you can sell of all the Gurdwaras we have and buy food for all the starving people in the world but if a situation like 1984 reoccurs don't expect the beneficiaries of your largesse to speak up for your rights. The Jews have discovered this to their cost in their history.

5. Freedom Fighter. An excellent post. Shows that some Sikhs do actually think outside of the 'box'

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Amardeep Singh. I don't think that Freedom Fighter is advocating the creation of a country which will allow all Sikhs to migrate there. There will always be Sikhs in most of the countries of the world as well as Punjab. Buying even a small island the size of say one of the Chunnel Islands would be adequate to allow Sikhs to have a seat in the UN. Rather than a solution to Sikh demands for sovereignity, this country would become a voice for the Sikhs around the world.

Veer ji if u read my post, i am not saying, that he is advocating the creation of a country. The paragraph i quoted is applicable to our current situation.

Hi All,

Please re-read my post and then give a sensible answer, most of you have totally missed my point! Let me answer you guys:

jsb - There are many idiots in our religion, but it only takes a few to change the destiny of millions! Look at Russia and the revolution conducted by just a handful of communists, Lenin, Stalin, Trotsky and co. Any thing is possible if we are willing to fight for it to the death!

lil princess -

First of all, no nation on earth is going to sell their land to the Sikhs so that there can be an independent 'Sikhistan' or 'Khalistan'.

Can you please explain where you got this information from? In 1985, the South American nation of Ecuador offered Sikhs some land to create a seperate state but the Sikhs being the morons they are did not take up this offer. Also, I think you have little knowledge of the financial world my friend, there are poor countries who have enormous debts, they would happily sell their own grandmothers for HARD CURRENCY! Russia is very poor, they have millions of acres of unused land just sitting there doing nothing, there are also countries like Argetina who need CASH, as well as countless poor African nations on the verge of bankruptcy, not to mention the thousands of Islands which we can buy for just a few million dollars... There are many many possibilites, remember, it's money that makes the WORLD go round... Also, there have been many times where land has been sold for the creation of countries. Alaska was SOLD to USA by Russia!

Yeah, actually at the moment there is a countries' sale at TESCO's. I saw an offer buy one get one free. Looks interesting :D

Why don't you just get back on your tractor and stick to that brainless task of ploughing that field of yours on your farm and we will get back to the educated, logical, and rational discussion of providing a safe guard for our religion. :roll: :roll: :roll:

i have an idea which may work even better,

lets not make sikhi "kachee" (brittle). We have many gurdwara's, we have comittees, we have langar etc etc....

why don't we expand this!!!!

let us realise why people don't want to be associate with sikhs.... first, we are considered by ourselves to be money hungry and after power (guru ji said this about every human.. its an affliction)...what doesn't help is having uncles knocking back the beers and discussing how bad the gurdwara politics are while asking their kids to fetch them ice for their whisky. My point isn't to sit there and bash non-practicising sikhs, but to look at what we can do to better ourselves, our households and then the rest of the world. Guru sahib empowered poets, warriors, scholars, sportspeople, businesspeople, philanthropists. As sikhs, we should do that and the next thing you'll know; sikhs have made the whole world their home. We we fill be focusing on "gun", fighting "avgun", and in the process, merging with "nirgun" through "sargun"...... all in sahej.

Personally, I like everything about the punjabi culture. The modern day sikh culture to me seems to be a mirage/projection of the political aspect of punjabi culture. The lack of "right" focus is holding us back.....

lets build virtue and live in that culture :).

sat sri aakaaaaaaaaal

Errr, yeah that's all good but we can do this anyway and still have a Sikh homeland to protect Sikhism from the Hindu "Indian" menace.

I believe that only by doing the above we will achive Khalsa Raj, Khalsa will rule the hearts and minds of people not a piece of land.

What's wrong with doing both? Or are you merely a one trick pony? :roll:

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Freedom Fighter. An excellent post. Shows that some Sikhs do actually think outside of the 'box'

GurFateh

Bikramjit

You too bro, at least someone here got my message correctly! Well done, now hopefully we might get some more sensible input instead of mindless drivel...

Thanks,

FF

P.S. Apologies to all if I accidently offended anyone, that was not the intention, thanks...

Could you put some light on what ISLAND have you identified for Sikhs? :LOL: :twisted: Is it too surrounded by sea from all sides so that there is no threat of fundamentalist to disturb Sikhs... But what if for some reasons USA decides to Bomb it as it did with Japan ? We can not hide anywhere. We have to endure it and we have got no choice. Had there been need for a seprate state then Guru Gobind Singh Ji must have advocated for it.

Did he ever fought for a seperate state for Sikhs ?

Could you put some light on what ISLAND have you identified for Sikhs? :LOL: :twisted: Is it too surrounded by sea from all sides so that there is no threat of fundamentalist to disturb Sikhs...

What if now india and pakistan bomb each other? It will be lot better than that suitation. Atleast sikhs can decide for themselves. Now india and pakistan try to bomb each other. There stuck sikhs in the middle...In sikh eyes both gov't is evil...yes i agree...pakistan govt hasnt much have to do with sikh human rights..In 1947 1 million sikhs were butchered by islamic fundamentlist. So in right minded sikh eye's they are both evil forces which can harm us big time.

There are more sikhs around the world then in india itself.

No. Diaspora Sikhs number around 3 million, Sikhs in Undia number around 21 million. There are more Sikhs in the Punjab state than anywhere else in the World. Outside of Undia the largest Sikh community is in the UK.

1. FYI of Lallesvari and Punjabi Nationalist' date=' please read freedom fighter's post more carefully then you wouldn't have gone off on a tangent.[/quote']

Yes i have re-read his post and it is a very good idea to buy an Island which can be represented by those of the Sikh faith in the United Nations. I would propose buying an Island in the Pacific ocean, if possible, even a collection of small Islands.

My immediate family (parents) are not Sikhs, but my Papa's family (I assume from both parents) is mixed Sikh/Hindu ancestry, i have second cousins and distant relations who are 'Singhs'. I cant explain it without looking at my family tree. Anyway, i consider myself to be a Sikh but i have not "converted" or taken amrit, i have simply embraced Sikhism and that is good enough for me. I have no plans on taking amrit because quite honestly, i identify with Punjabiyat rather than with Sikhism.

So, in your opinion would i be allowed to enter this Sikh country?

I have never heard that. Does the offer still stand???

C'mon bro. An island is not a bad idea at all, but frozen and barren land in Russia where nothing consumable grows would probably not be a good idea.

I know, and the Czar who sold Alaska was a total idiot. Apparently he got less than a dollar for every square mile, or something unreal like that...

IMF will bankrupt a Sikh country with only interest rates.

Yes, if this can be put into practice then im sure it will succeed.

Its not just the Sikhs but Punjab's Hindus should also have opted for an independent East Punjab Union at the end of the British Raj. But then again, the partition riots would have probably led to some kind of war between Pakistan and East Punjab, also see what happened to Kashmir, Nagaland, Hyderabad etc after they opted for independence rather than Pakistan or Undia.

Honestly, it may sound daft, but it think East Punjab is in a better position now to stay independent if they achieve it than if Punjab had become independent in 1947.

Perhaps, but that is quite a generalization. Many Sikhs on this forum are apparently ashamed of being Punjabi and want to just identify themselves as "Sikhs". I have read on this forum young Sikhs calling Punjabi culture "drinking and bhangra", such a shame these people cant see past a stupid stereo-type.

Also, i know many Punjabi Hindus who are proud of their language and culture.

I was just making a point for everyone to understand.

Well, Sikhs have the Punjab state to a certain extent, Punjabi Hindus have Haryana and Himachal. However, i dont think in terms like "Muslim Punjab" or "Hindu Punjab".

As far as Punjab goes, i would accept nothing less than democracy and separation of state and religion.

'Khalistan' and the "Sikh homeland" is a distortion of the ground realities of Punjab. The history of Punjab is not Sikh history, which unfortunately many Khalistani advocators mislead people into believing.

The first act of liberation is to fight with the promotion of Punjab language, culture, history and ethnic identity in all parts of East Punjab. Start up agitations for use of Punjabi as the medium of instruction in Haryana and Himachal schools, provide free text books on Gurmukhi script and free Punjabi vocabulary books and dictionaries. Set up seminars, workshops etc on Punjabi history and culture. Start anti-Hindi propaganda like they do with Punjabi etc etc.

Im sure once Punjabi Nationalism sets in all over East Punjab there will be nothing the Undians can do to prevent our independence. It may take years, decades even, to successfully promote Punjabiyat, but health-care is good these days so im sure i havent even reached a third of my natural life-span.

Better to get all Punjabis together so that we can all rise at once...

Of course, any independence movement would need support from over 75% of the people of Punjab to succeed, otherwise forget it.

No use forcing people into having a separate Punjab if there is a large minority against it.

In 1947 1 million sikhs were butchered by islamic fundamentlist. So in right minded sikh eye's they are both evil forces which can harm us big time.

Hate to cut in with a moderator and give the impression im some sort of "smart <TOS>", because im not... But "1 million Sikhs" were not killed during the partition riots.

Around "1 million" Punjabis, Sikh, Hindu and Muslim lost there lives. Aprrox 6 million Sikhs and Hindus were uprooted from West Punjab and approx 8 million Muslims were uprooted from East Punjab.

And to be honest, something which many people may find strange or not want to believe, but more Muslims were probably killed by Sikhs and Hindus in East Punjab and Delhi than Sikhs and Hindus were killed by Muslims in the West Punjab and neighbouring provinces, even though the ML and MNG started the first riots and spilled the first blood...

Although the Muslims were the first to stop a train and massacre all the Sikh and Hindu refugees on it, Sikhs and Hindus did the same in retaliation, and did it more than once...

Also remember that Sikhs and Hindus from East Punjab killed non-Punjabi Muslims from places like Bihar, UP, Bengal, Assam etc who had to cross through Punjab to get to (West) Pakistan, many of them on foot or bull-cart. Trains carrying "Mohajirs" also went through Punjab and stopped at Amritsar before heading to Lahore...

Guest BikramjitSingh

Could you put some light on what ISLAND have you identified for Sikhs? :LOL: :twisted: Is it too surrounded by sea from all sides so that there is no threat of fundamentalist to disturb Sikhs... But what if for some reasons USA decides to Bomb it as it did with Japan ? We can not hide anywhere. We have to endure it and we have got no choice. Had there been need for a seprate state then Guru Gobind Singh Ji must have advocated for it.

Did he ever fought for a seperate state for Sikhs ?

Critical Singh

No offence but you remind of this character in a 1940's film colonel Blimp ( I think ). He was a byward for those that worry for hours about what the consequences of their actions might be but never actually do anything in the end.

Why would the US want to bomb an island which doesn't threaten them and which is a legal sovereign entity. I think your silly suggestion has more to do with you running out of a decent argument than at any attempt at a realistic assessment.

Will this Island have weapons of mass destruction ?

Will it attack Pearl Harbour ?

If not then I think it is sensible to assume that the US will leave it alone

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Guest BikramjitSingh

Punjabi Nationalist

I think that Freedom Fighter has a good point in that the Muslim and Hindu Punjabis have got their share out of the pre-1947 Punjab but it is the Sikhs how have been the losers and now are expected to adhere to Punjabiyat

Take these simple statistics

in 1941 the area of the Punjab ( east and west ) and the Sikh states and Himachal states and the population by religion

Area ------------------------ Sikhs-------------Hindus-------------- Muslims

130,778 sq miles------------ 14.3 %------------28 %---------------- 57 %

In 1947 the Muslims got West Punjab which was 60 % of the total area. In 1966 the Hindus got Haryana and Himachal which was 27 % of the total area of 1947 Punjab. The Sikhs have been left with 13 % of the original Punjab which they still have to share with the Hindus even though the Hindus have already taken their share.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

I think that Freedom Fighter has a good point in that the Muslim and Hindu Punjabis have got their share out of the pre-1947 Punjab but it is the Sikhs how have been the losers and now are expected to adhere to Punjabiyat

You do not have to adhere to Punjabiyat if you dont not wish to do so. But, then again, if Punjabis choose not to adhere to Punjabiyat then they should not talk about Punjab full-stop.

There is no "Hindu Punjab" or "Muslim Punjab", that is all in your mind.

in 1941 the area of the Punjab ( east and west ) and the Sikh states and Himachal states and the population by religion

I disagree, i have checked all official statistics on Punjab and have created a thread with the correct information here:

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=2028

In 1947 the Muslims got West Punjab which was 60 % of the total area. In 1966 the Hindus got Haryana and Himachal which was 27 % of the total area of 1947 Punjab. The Sikhs have been left with 13 % of the original Punjab which they still have to share with the Hindus even though the Hindus have already taken their share.

Share Punjab with "Hindus"? Im sorry, those "Hindus" are Punjabis and have as much claim to the land as Sikhs do. Sikhs live in large numbers in Ambala and other districts within Haryana, should they leave and move to the Punjab state?

Hindus do not own Haryana or Himachal, they are just the majority religious community. Similarly, Sikhs do not own Punjab state, they are just in majority.

This twisted thinking in terms of "Hindu Punjab" and "Sikh Punjab" is why Punjab in India was broken in the first place.

If you cant accept non-Sikh Punjabis as your own people then you should not call yourself a Punjabi and only identify yourself by the nationality which is written on your passport.

Guest BikramjitSingh

You do not have to adhere to Punjabiyat if you dont not wish to do so. But, then again, if Punjabis choose not to adhere to Punjabiyat then they should not talk about Punjab full-stop.

Punjabiyat is a concept that has been foisted on Sikhs and purely Sikhs because we seem the most gullible in espousing this fake concept. As I said before the Muslim Punjabi and the Hindu Punjabi couldn't care less about Punjabiyat because they have got their share of Punjab. I am not surprised that as a Hindu Punjabi you want Sikhs to blindly follow your lead because it suits the Hindus to have Sikhs hoodwinked by Punjabiyat rather than follow a political agenda which caters for Sikh aspirations. The democratic aspirations of 64 % of the population of Punjab.

There is no "Hindu Punjab" or "Muslim Punjab", that is all in your mind.

What do you call West Punjab and Haryana and Himachal. You need to wake up and smell the coffee my friend.

I disagree, i have checked all official statistics on Punjab and have created a thread with the correct information here:

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=2028

Your stats are virtually the same data. So how does my data differ from yours ?

Share Punjab with "Hindus"? Im sorry, those "Hindus" are Punjabis and have as much claim to the land as Sikhs do. Sikhs live in large numbers in Ambala and other districts within Haryana, should they leave and move to the Punjab state?

Ambala, Sirsa and Kurukshetra were always Punjabi areas under Sikh Maharajas until the British took over. The Hindu Punjabi because of his inherent hatred of the Sikhs lied in the census of 1951 and made these areas Hindi speaking.

Hindus do not own Haryana or Himachal, they are just the majority religious community. Similarly, Sikhs do not own Punjab state, they are just in majority.

Have you heard about democracy ?. If your have 51 % and they vote for you, you own that region.

This twisted thinking in terms of "Hindu Punjab" and "Sikh Punjab" is why Punjab in India was broken in the first place.

I thought it was more to do with Hindu Punjabis wanting to deny Punjabi language it's rightful place.

If you cant accept non-Sikh Punjabis as your own people then you should not call yourself a Punjabi and only identify yourself by the nationality which is written on your passport

It is my choice as to what degree I identify with my religion, language and culture. I am not a descendent of ones how denied their mother language and I require no certificate from you to prove my loyalty to my region.

GurFateh

Bikramjit