Elon Musk’s Brain Implant Company Is Inching Toward Human Trials

Premi

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-20/elon-musk-s-brain-implant-company-is-inching-toward-human-trials

Neuralink has posted job listings for a clinical trial director and coordinator. 

Elon Musk

Elon Musk

Photographer: Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg
20 January 2022, 14:00 GMT

+ Get alerts for Sarah McBride

Elon Musk’s brain implant company Neuralink is now hiring a clinical trial director, an indication that the company’s longstanding goal of implanting chips in human brains is coming closer.

The trial director position would oversee the startup’s long-promised human trials of its medical device, according to the listing. Neuralink’s brain implant — which Musk has said already allows monkeys to play video games with their thoughts alone — is intended to help treat a variety of neurological disorders, such as paralysis.

30 minutes ago, Premi said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-20/elon-musk-s-brain-implant-company-is-inching-toward-human-trials

Neuralink has posted job listings for a clinical trial director and coordinator. 

Elon Musk

Elon Musk

Photographer: Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg

20 January 2022, 14:00 GMT

+ Get alerts for Sarah McBride

Elon Musk’s brain implant company Neuralink is now hiring a clinical trial director, an indication that the company’s longstanding goal of implanting chips in human brains is coming closer.

The trial director position would oversee the startup’s long-promised human trials of its medical device, according to the listing. Neuralink’s brain implant — which Musk has said already allows monkeys to play video games with their thoughts alone — is intended to help treat a variety of neurological disorders, such as paralysis.

Pass

5 hours ago, paapiman said:

Brain implants might help with mental related illnesses.

Bhul chuk maaf

5 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

If I'm too dead to consent they can put one in. 

Lemme ask you this. You ever heard of a computer malfunctioning, breaking, or getting hacked?

@paapiman do you think it's a good idea to let other people 'play God' with someone's brain like this ?

And, generally, do you favor humans potentially being controlled as robots/puppets by other humans ?

1 hour ago, Premi said:

@paapiman do you think it's a good idea to let other people 'play God' with someone's brain like this ?

And, generally, do you favor humans potentially being controlled as robots/puppets by other humans ?

Daas is hoping that one day science will be able to eradicate most of the diseases/medical disorders on this planet.

What are the potential side effects of this tech?

@GurjantGnostic

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

Daas is hoping that one day science will be able to eradicate most of the diseases/medical disorders on this planet.

What are the potential side effects of this tech?

@GurjantGnostic

Bhul chuk maaf

Malfunction? Imagine the harm or inconvenience. 

Hacked? Same. Death, maiming?

How about hacked or overidden and forced to kill your family?

Designed ultimately with control in mind from the beginning?

Don't do what we say we're going to force you? Kill you? Lock you down? You don't have to charge for oxygen when you can charge to breath. 

I prefer Naam and a natural lifestyle in Hukam, Har Kirpa for my health. I don't even wear eye glasses unless I'm driving at night, stubbornly studying my eye health and vision with a mind to it being corrected through Simran. In emergency I can just lense up, in the mean time I'm slowing if not reversing the degeneration of my vision as well as learning to function half blind. I also work with my eyes closed as if blind for periods of time. Train Aikido blind. Have in fact a fascination with functional blindness as well as theorize about ultrafunctional blindness. As well as the metaphysical or spiritual experiences of blind people. 

If I get nowhere, maybe I'll get laser surgery twenty years from now or something even better. I'm really not in the business of letting doctors of varying quality, with a flawed understanding of medicine "practice" on me, unless I'm basically a goner for sure, then MAYBE I'd accept treatment. 

I trust doctors to set bones, do minor surgery, stitches, take out an appendix and prescribe insulin that's about it. I understand they do transplants and things and I'm not too interested in that.  If I survive a stroke and I'm a veggie, I hope one would murder me.  And I don't trust them not to kill me with a staff infection because they didn't wash their hands. 

As for mad scientist inventions that will only atrophy my innate abilities, designed by a man who's probably a narcissistic sociopath, and give him or government or hackers or entropy acces to my brain? Umm no thanks. 

Making men better is the motto of the masons who are devil worshippers ultimately. Nobody has ever improved on the body. 

Now if some crippled kid wants to use it to walk? Bro have at it. 

But it's going to get stupid rediculous with cyborg implants within the greater population for only selfish reasons and it could very well backfire or be used against them. 

Back to medical ranting ...

I think I'd rather consult Sat Guru, the Sadh Sangat, an acupunctureist, somebody who specializes in immunotherapy, and a massage therapist, and maybe vetrenarian that specializes in expensive exotic species, and do my own regimen. If I were terminal, I might just decide to Shaheed anyway if that's the case but I have my strength. 

And I'll go for Ridh and Sidh before I cyborg. I'll use external tech thanks. 

You want to live to 100000 years? Heal the planet and live like Satyugis and I didn't hear of them bothering with such devices and they had full scientific knowledge. So they could have done but didn't as their full knowledge of God made it pointless and unecessary. 

We didn't seem to lower ourselves into science until the last Yugh really. 

8 minutes ago, paapiman said:

What do you mean by "EMP"?

Thanks

bhul chuk maaf

Electro magnetic pulse. Disables or harms electronics. The future of warfare, well a facet. 

They're currently thought to be too big, as in ship size carrier. However smaller equally effective models are already being fit on drones. You'll see them function any time now.