Nangs and non nihangs within nihangs!

Nihangs never turn any needy back. If a poor helpless person comes to them, they just ask him to wear banaa and not use tobacco and nihangs give this poor person food and roof to stay. Such persons are called nangs by nihangs.

Nihangs need agricultural labour. They also need people to take care of cows, buffaloes etc. 

Nihangs ask these labour people to wear banaa and not use tobacco. Such labour people are not nangs but they are also not nihangs. Lets call them non nihangs.

Due to the Sangat of proper Nihangs, many of these nangs and non nihangs over time become OK Singhs as they listen to gurbani and do sewa of gurughar.

Some of these nangs and non nihangs do wrong things in front of public. They ask for money or do lots of nashaa and intoxication etc and the public starts calling all nihangs bad.

Proper rehitvaan nihangs are like gold for Khalsa panth.

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

Nihangs never turn any needy back. If a poor helpless person comes to them, they just ask him to wear banaa and not use tobacco and nihangs give this poor person food and roof to stay. Such persons are called nangs by nihangs.

Nihangs need agricultural labour. They also need people to take care of cows, buffaloes etc. 

Nihangs ask these labour people to wear banaa and not use tobacco. Such labour people are not nangs but they are also not nihangs. Lets call them non nihangs.

Due to the Sangat of proper Nihangs, many of these nangs and non nihangs over time become OK Singhs as they listen to gurbani and do sewa of gurughar.

Some of these nangs and non nihangs do wrong things in front of public. They ask for money or do lots of nashaa and intoxication etc and the public starts calling all nihangs bad.

Proper rehitvaan nihangs are like gold for Khalsa panth.

Very interesting. 

We might want to concern ourselves with the public image through curbing "admin cut" behavior and or giving them different Bana. 

The former is probably best, but when you're truly in the business of helping others you have to help them as is in their sick state. 

How did my n a n g get filtered and not yours...and is it a curse?

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Very interesting. 

We might want to concern ourselves with the public image through curbing "admin cut" behavior and or giving them different Bana. 

The former is probably best, but when you're truly in the business of helping others you have to help them as is in their sick state. 

How did my n a n g get filtered and not yours...and is it a curse?

N a n g means a poor person without food and clothes.

22 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

behavior and or giving them different Bana. 

Bro 

If you read my post clearly, I wrote that many  n a n g s over time become OK Singhs due to the Sangat of rehitvaan nihang Singhs.

So poor people shud be accepted by Khalsa. We don't hv to give them different baanaa.

Sikh Sangat needs to realize that if a baana wearing person does Something bad, that does not mean that the person is a proper nihang.

3 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Bro 

If you read my post clearly, I wrote that many  n a n g s over time become OK Singhs due to the Sangat of rehitvaan nihang Singhs.

So poor people shud be accepted by Khalsa. We don't hv to give them different baanaa.

Sikh Sangat needs to realize that if a baana wearing person does Something bad, that does not mean that the person is a proper nihang.

I agree with all of that except not being intoxicated in Roop, or begging in Roop. We aren't supposed to beg. Especially from non Sikhs. 

In terms of the overall program or practice I think it's fantastic. 

17 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

agree with all of that except not being intoxicated in Roop, or begging in Roop. We aren't supposed to beg. Especially from non Sikhs. 

Some years back a n a n g in baanaa was completely intoxicated with alcohol and was given decent beating by proper nihangs.

Nihangs hugely respect Guru jeee's gifted baanaa and don't like any person who disrespects baanaa in public.

8 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Some years back a n a n g in baanaa was completely intoxicated with alcohol and was given decent beating by proper nihangs.

Nihangs hugely respect Guru jeee's gifted baanaa and don't like any person who disrespects baanaa in public.

In terms of accepting people where they're at, and letting them work up out of it, It's revolutionary really. We'll need a lot more of it. 

7 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

I thought they did all that themselves.

Some nihang chhaunis are very prosperous like the chhauni in village raqbe near Ludhiana. There must be more than 100 buffaloes there alone lol

So at some places nihangs need extra men. So they get hold of some labour and ask them to wear banaa and not use tobacco.

I hv myself seen such labour people become nice Sikhs in 2-3 years as they do Sangat of proper nihangs.

I even met a monaa Punjabi who has been doing Sangat of proper nihangs for some years now.

He loves Akaal ustat baani and sits with nihangs for a 4 hour continuous simran session. I hope he keeps kesh in the future.

On 6/9/2022 at 6:23 PM, shastarSingh said:

Some nihang chhaunis are very prosperous like the chhauni in village raqbe near Ludhiana. There must be more than 100 buffaloes there alone lol

So at some places nihangs need extra men. So they get hold of some labour and ask them to wear banaa and not use tobacco.

I hv myself seen such labour people become nice Sikhs in 2-3 years as they do Sangat of proper nihangs.

I even met a monaa Punjabi who has been doing Sangat of proper nihangs for some years now.

He loves Akaal ustat baani and sits with nihangs for a 4 hour continuous simran session. I hope he keeps kesh in the future.

Amen to all this. 

• 2 weeks later...