Sikh man shot dead ‘execution-style’ in a New York neighbourhood

www.opindia.com/2022/06/sikh-man-shot-dead-execution-style-in-new-york-south-ozone/amp/

Sikh man shot dead ‘execution-style’ in a New York neighbourhood, the area had previously seen hate crimes against Sikhs in April

On June 25, a 31-year-old Sikh man was shot dead in New York in the South Ozone Park area. According to media reports, the deceased identified as Satnam Singh was shot ‘execution-style’ while sitting in a jeep near his home on Saturday afternoon. Singh was rushed to the hospital where doctors declared him dead.

The New York police informed that theincident happened near the South OzonePark neighbourhood, next to Richmond Hill where three other Sikh men, in two separate incidents, had been attacked in the month of April. 

This incident is the fourth such incident of crimes against Sikhs that took place around New York’s Richmond Hill area, in the last three months. Both Richmond Hill and South Ozone Park have large numbers of people of Indian origin.

As per media reports, there was a discrepancy between the police and eyewitness accounts of Satnam Singh’s killing. According to the New York police, the shooter came on foot and shot Singh as he sat in the jeep, but a neighbour said the assailant had fired from a car. The neighbour confirmed that her home security camera had captured the incident

Just so the Sangat doesn't think I just go hard at racist "sikhs". I go hard period on racists. And I'm turning up the heat of fake religions and racists of any color that come after Sikhi especially. Lot of legitimate people out there though. 

Kid gloves are off.  Feels amazing. 

I've cut through countless lifetimes going down the rabbit hole of race and religion. 

Only to emerge ever more solidly a Sikh who was once a Celt. 

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

Was IT (this shooting) a hate crime bro?

Bhul chuk maaf

This is what one article says. Looks like it was premeditated 

@GurjantGnostic can you make any sense of the mismatch between Police and what the witness say

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.americanbazaaronline.com/2022/06/28/execution-style-shooting-of-a-sikh-man-in-new-york-450075/%3Famp

New York Police are investigating the ‘execution style’ shooting of a 31-year-old Indian American man a few steps from his Queens home as he sat in an SUV borrowed from a friend, according to media reports.

Detectives are trying to determine if the gunman was aiming at Satnam Singh, who was behind the wheel of a black Jeep Wrangler Sahara or was hoping to kill the SUV’s owner and was unaware who was inside, New York Daily News reported citing police.

Read: Indian techie shot dead in Baltimore (June 23, 2022)

No arrests have been made. The SUV was parked near 129th St. and Sutter Ave. in South Ozone Park when a gunman approached and started blasting about 3:45 p.m. on Saturday, police said.

Medics rushed Singh, struck in the chest and neck, to Jamaica Hospital, where he died a short time later, police said. He lived just down the street from where he was shot.

Although police said the gunman approached Singh on foot, the News cited neighbors as saying the shots came from a silver-colored sedan with a black trunk as it passed the Jeep.

“[Singh] was walking up 129th St. going to the car and the other car with the perp in it came up,” neighbor Joan Cappellani was quoted as saying. “[It] made a U-turn, came back and then ‘Pow! Pow! Pow!’ and then went down 129th St.”

The shooting was caught on her home’s security cameras, which NYPD cops are reviewing, she said. “It was just another crazy day in South Ozone Park,” she said.

Singh had borrowed the Jeep from a friend a short time earlier, a police source said. He needed the Jeep to pick someone up.

“He was very kind and quiet,” neighbor Christina Persaud was quoted as saying. “I said ‘Hi’ to him every day when I saw him. Maybe he was targeted, but I don’t know.”

Persaud, 49, was left rattled by the bloody shooting. “Why would someone do that?” she asked. “Right in the corner over here. This is a very nice area. I was shocked to hear this.”

7 hours ago, paapiman said:

Was IT (this shooting) a hate crime bro?

Bhul chuk maaf

6 hours ago, Premi said:

This is what one article says. Looks like it was premeditated 

@GurjantGnostic can you make any sense of the mismatch between Police and what the witness say

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.americanbazaaronline.com/2022/06/28/execution-style-shooting-of-a-sikh-man-in-new-york-450075/%3Famp

New York Police are investigating the ‘execution style’ shooting of a 31-year-old Indian American man a few steps from his Queens home as he sat in an SUV borrowed from a friend, according to media reports.

Detectives are trying to determine if the gunman was aiming at Satnam Singh, who was behind the wheel of a black Jeep Wrangler Sahara or was hoping to kill the SUV’s owner and was unaware who was inside, New York Daily News reported citing police.

Read: Indian techie shot dead in Baltimore (June 23, 2022)

No arrests have been made. The SUV was parked near 129th St. and Sutter Ave. in South Ozone Park when a gunman approached and started blasting about 3:45 p.m. on Saturday, police said.

Medics rushed Singh, struck in the chest and neck, to Jamaica Hospital, where he died a short time later, police said. He lived just down the street from where he was shot.

Although police said the gunman approached Singh on foot, the News cited neighbors as saying the shots came from a silver-colored sedan with a black trunk as it passed the Jeep.

“[Singh] was walking up 129th St. going to the car and the other car with the perp in it came up,” neighbor Joan Cappellani was quoted as saying. “[It] made a U-turn, came back and then ‘Pow! Pow! Pow!’ and then went down 129th St.”

The shooting was caught on her home’s security cameras, which NYPD cops are reviewing, she said. “It was just another crazy day in South Ozone Park,” she said.

Singh had borrowed the Jeep from a friend a short time earlier, a police source said. He needed the Jeep to pick someone up.

“He was very kind and quiet,” neighbor Christina Persaud was quoted as saying. “I said ‘Hi’ to him every day when I saw him. Maybe he was targeted, but I don’t know.”

Persaud, 49, was left rattled by the bloody shooting. “Why would someone do that?” she asked. “Right in the corner over here. This is a very nice area. I was shocked to hear this.”

Well....I don't think it's a hate crime. 

It is weird the police narrative doesn't match the eye witness. 

This is twice we've had a techie murdered who nobody imagined it happening too. Remember the guy killed in the motel in thailand or wherever?

It could be mistaken identity. 

It could be the cops killed him for a variety of reasons. 

It just doesn't smell hate crimey to me it smells like a ganglang murder, mistaken or not, or a police hit.