Bhatt Kalshar?

I've been careful to start with Guru Granth Sahib Ji only, wanting to be safe as a convert. And only learn legitimate Gurmat. 

Had I not had help here and on SS and in real life I woulda been very hampered. ..

But outside of Sangat, I included more sources, because they were found to be legitimate, and also because they are critical to understanding Guru Granth Sahib Ji, as needed.  

To do that one needs Varaan Bhai Gurdas Ji. 

Now Amrit, Nitnem, Khalsa Paanth require Dasam Granth. 

And to understand Dasam Granth you need Swaiyas, and Varaan Bhai Nand Lal Ji. 

And at this point if not earlier require Sarbloh Granth, and Khalsa Rehitnama. 

So the core, smallest curriculum for a Khalsa seems to expand from

Guru Granth Sahib Ji,

Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Varaan Bhai Gurdas Ji,

Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Varaan Bhai Gurdas Ji, Dasam Granth,

Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Varaan Bhai Gurdas Ji, Dasam Granth, Focus on Swaiyas, Varaan Bhai Nand Lal Ji,

Guru Granth Sahib Ji, Varaan Bhai Gurdas Ji, Dasam Granth, Focus on Swaiyas, Varaan Bhai Nand Lal Ji, Sarbloh Granth, Khalsa Rehitnama. 

Thats is what the core looks like expanded, based on need to get to Amrit as far as I can tell. 

1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

@dalsingh101 I'm up late bro. Save me. Swaiyas are all in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji?

There's swaiyay in Dasam Granth too bro.

11 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Whoever said theophic aavtar in the  "is Guru Nanak Dev Ji God" thread pretty much nailed it. Everywhere but Bachitar Natak...so far ...

Personally, I think interacting with most Dasam Granth texts with a literalist frame of mind will derail people.   

33 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Thank you bro,

Bachitar Natak is part of Amrit Kirtan and ceremony these days right?

Don't think so? I haven't taken Amrit, so ask some of the other brothers here, they'll know better. 

Just now, GurjantGnostic said:

It would remain simply a really unique Ang for study and debate and understanding.

No actually, Amrit Bani does include Chaupai Sahib I think, which is how CP concludes.

But I do think much of what precedes this, is what you mention above. But it's not simplistic, (amongst many other things) it looks like a critique of courtly literature and masterful work on narratives, and how to dominate them, incorporate them, and utilise them. Like pretty much all Sikh 'texts' it's a proper treasure trove of cultures and linguistics too.   

CP is quite deep when you think about it, it starts with posing the big question of when you should kill a mf, and how you should be aware of being manipulated into this through anger and passion. Also, the role and value of true, tempered advice to leaders.