what are the origins of sukhmani sahib?

Hello everyone,

I have read/heard that sukhmani sahib is a special paat... why and how was it done? how has it taken the precedence that it has?

ie. I have read about it in suraj prakash, then again in nanaksar gutka's, and also at a lecture done by jeevan deol where it was stated that maharaja ranjit singh's mom has done it.

thanks..

With the help of Baba Sir Chand Usadi, Sukhmani Sahib was completed.

i think that this is correct, im never sure on this.

would you care to define in what form this "help" was given, since your sentence is incredibly vague, and even you aren't sure if it's even true (but you still made the assertion anyway :? )

did sri chand merely help in compiling it, or in actually formulating it ? in the case of the latter, would that not contradict the idea that gurbani is a result of direct revelation...

according to what I have read in the nanaksar gutka,

baba sri chand completed the 17th salok of sukhmani sahib. This was his way of retracting the sharaaf from the guru's. It is believed to have been a karmic issue of some sort (again, excuse my vagueness).

Furthermore, an udasi family I know here claim that the meeting with baba sri chand was needed to start the baani again. They believe baba sri chand had dhur ki bani as well.

With the help of Baba Sir Chand Usadi, Sukhmani Sahib was completed.

i think that this is correct, im never sure on this.

I believe Baba Sri Chand Ji contributed "Aad Sach.Jugaad Sach..." slok.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Guest BikramjitSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I think you need to look at the evidence contained in Sukhmani Sahib rather than accept each and every theory that you may come across.

If Baba Sri Chand contributed 'Aad Sach Jugaad Sach' slok then what was the need for this contribution. It is already contained in Japji and is a part of the revelation of Guru Nanak which was already with Guru Arjan. In Gurbani each and every contributor is carefully acknowleged. The end of pauris in Ashpadi 17 declare the contibutor 'Nanak' for Guru Arjan. Or are we to believe that Guru Arjan would claim a Slok which was 'contributed' by Baba Sri Chand but which was actually a revelation of Guru Nanak already contained in Japji Sahib.

Seems more like an Udasi attempt to give some role to Baba Sri Chand in the compilation of Gurbani.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I think you need to look at the evidence contained in Sukhmani Sahib rather than accept each and every theory that you may come across.

If Baba Sri Chand contributed 'Aad Sach Jugaad Sach' slok then what was the need for this contribution. It is already contained in Japji and is a part of the revelation of Guru Nanak which was already with Guru Arjan. In Gurbani each and every contributor is carefully acknowleged. The end of pauris in Ashpadi 17 declare the contibutor 'Nanak' for Guru Arjan. Or are we to believe that Guru Arjan would claim a Slok which was 'contributed' by Baba Sri Chand but which was actually a revelation of Guru Nanak already contained in Japji Sahib.

Seems more like an Udasi attempt to give some role to Baba Sri Chand in the compilation of Gurbani.

GurFateh

Bikramjit

No I don't believe it to be an Udasi attempt to give Baba Sri Chand Ji some kind of role.

I believe Satguru Arjan Dev wanted the beloved son of Satguru Nanak Dev, to contribute to His grand Sukhmani Sahib.And Baba Sri Chand asked Satguru Arjan Dev to place "Aad Sach.Jugaad Sach.Hai Bhi Sach.Nanak: Hosi Bhi Sach" of his Father - because Baba Sri Chand out of humility and great respect for 1st Nanak and 5th Nanak didn't want to place any of his own Bani.An Amritdhari Gursikh told me this, and I believe it to be true, because this Gursikh is on a very high level, intellectually and spiritually. :bow:

No I don't believe it to be an Udasi attempt to give Baba Sri Chand Ji some kind of role.

I believe Satguru Arjan Dev wanted the beloved son of Satguru Nanak Dev, to contribute to His grand Sukhmani Sahib.And Baba Sri Chand asked Satguru Arjan Dev to place "Aad Sach.Jugaad Sach.Hai Bhi Sach.Nanak: Hosi Bhi Sach" of his Father - because Baba Sri Chand out of humility and great respect for 1st Nanak and 5th Nanak didn't want to place any of his own Bani.An Amritdhari Gursikh told me this, and I believe it to be true, because this Gursikh is on a very high level, intellectually and spiritually. :bow:

I have been tought that Only the ten Gurus have the RIGHT

to use NANAK in the end of each Pauri

no1 else has the RIGHT to right NANAK because the have not followed the Lineage of the Gurgadi, and thus can not be Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Jot!

//BHULLA CHUKKA MAAF

• 1 month later...