Hindu man stopped going to Hindu temple!

shastarSingh

Met a Hindu man recently. He and his wife do lots of Seva at Gurdwara Sahib.

He told me that 2 years back he met a sikh man with whom he used to do business. The sikh man told him about Sikh Guru Sahiban.

The Hindu man started reading about Guru Sahibaan on the internet.After reading a lot , he stopped going to Hindu temple. He said that the lives of Guru Sahibaan is way above the lives of Hindu deities. He said that it is the fault of Sikhs that they hv not been able to tell about Guru Sahibaan to the world.

7 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

Met a Hindu man recently. He and his wife do lots of Seva at Gurdwara Sahib.

He told me that 2 years back he met a sikh man with whom he used to do business. The sikh man told him about Sikh Guru Sahiban.

The Hindu man started reading about Guru Sahibaan on the internet.After reading a lot , he stopped going to Hindu temple. He said that the lives of Guru Sahibaan is way above the lives of Hindu deities. He said that it is the fault of Sikhs that they hv not been able to tell about Guru Sahibaan to the world.

Facts

Hello, 

I have had the reverse experience in the last year or two. Met a lot of newcomers from Punjab through work young guys and girls. All of them Sikh some amritdarhi. One day I decided let’s have a bbq so called them all over but to my surprise all of them refused to eat meat because it was a Tuesday. When I asked why? They said they are lighting Jot for Devi and refrain from meat on tuesdays.

Sure enough they had a massive shrine dedicated to Durga at home while lighting a jot every morning. 

I sarcastically asked all of them one day “ Are  you bahman or me?” 

6 hours ago, Veer said:

Hello, 

I have had the reverse experience in the last year or two. Met a lot of newcomers from Punjab through work young guys and girls. All of them Sikh some amritdarhi. One day I decided let’s have a bbq so called them all over but to my surprise all of them refused to eat meat because it was a Tuesday. When I asked why? They said they are lighting Jot for Devi and refrain from meat on tuesdays.

Sure enough they had a massive shrine dedicated to Durga at home while lighting a jot every morning. 

What people do in excess out of respect is their business. 

On 11/25/2022 at 7:17 PM, Veer said:

Hello, 

You may want to share this - particularly at the start - with the new comers..the answers are well set out

• 5 weeks later...